"No Radio was found" Taranis X9D

Help with any software/desktop related issues. e.g. companion9x, eePe, etc
Landphilosoph

"No Radio was found" Taranis X9D

Post by Landphilosoph »

I installed the new firmware this works (conecting USB Radio off mode). But I cannot modyfy the model anymore (conecting Radio on to usb). Normaly i expect that a windows open by conecting usb but this does not happen in both modes. It would nice if anybody could help me to solve this topic, because I spend a lot of time to solve the topic until now.

No Radio was found!Make sure that the lower trim..

dvogonen

Re: "No Radio was found" Taranis X9D

Post by dvogonen »

Do you get into the boot loader menu when you start the radio ?

Skickat från min LG-V500 via Tapatalk
Landphilosoph

Post by Landphilosoph »

Is see the STM 32 Bootloader in the Device Manager (only conecting in Radio off mode), but I cannot see TERANIS on File Manager.
Landphilosoph

Post by Landphilosoph »

This function does not work:
If the USB cable is connected to the transmitter the PC automatically recognizes the transmitter
and reports on 2 other drives.
Then appears depending on the PC and equipment as drive E: F: G: or similar.
One for the SD card and one for the EEPROM memory as a model
Kilrah

Post by Kilrah »

Disconnect USB cable.
Turn the radio off.
Hold both horizontal trims inwards, power the radio up.
You should see a screen with "Taranis Bootloader".
Connect USB cable.

Landphilosoph

Post by Landphilosoph »

Thanks you, it works and I just wonder how easy it is.
I was quite desperate, thanks again!
Last edited by Landphilosoph on Sat Jun 14, 2014 7:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
Landphilosoph

Post by Landphilosoph »

Thanks you, it works and I just wonder how easy it is.
I was quite desperate, thanks again!
Steve71

Post by Steve71 »

Kilrah wrote:Disconnect USB cable.
Turn the radio off.
Hold both horizontal trims inwards, power the radio up.
You should see a screen with "Taranis Bootloader".
Connect USB cable.
I had the same issue too......until I read the above way to do it. Fantastic, so much easier to use than the older versions of C9X for Taranis !!.

Brilliant job guys !!. :P :P :P
Slope soaring, EP Warbirds and high performance sports models.

"if it ain't broken, you ain't tryin' "
rug

Post by rug »

Hi. I'm getting the same problem, but the solution written by Kilrah doesn't seem to be working for me ...

I have made a (low quality) quick video of me following the steps, so if I've mis-interpreted them, then I hope someone will be able to point out what I am doing wrong.

The video is at : https://www.dropbox.com/s/kyp8o85mjbzrhf7/SAM_1349.AVI (Sorry I sound a little grumpy at the end.)

I can get the radio to talk to a model, but it wont talk to Companion9x for me.

Also when trying to use the 'read firmware from radio' option (this time connecting USB to switched off radio, I get errors again. Not always the same. Example screenshots below.
Error 1.jpg
Error 2.jpg
Sorry to be a nuisance :(

Matt
rug

Post by rug »

Quick update ...

Having read other threads, I wondered if it might be that the radio was running an old firmware, which doesn't have the bootloader ...

So I tried the write firmware option in companion9x.

I now appear to have a radio that doesn't do anything at all. It won't turn on whether the USB is plugged in or not.

I am NOT having a good day.

Help ?

Please ?

Matt
davx

Post by davx »

Hi,

You clearly don't have the bootloader so you have to flash your radio in DFU mode, it means: radio switched off then plug the USB cable.
More details here: http://www.open-tx.org/2013/08/22/opent ... manual-en/ in the paragraph "Flashing your Taranis radio"

Tchao
rug

Post by rug »

OK, success !

The problem connecting to the radio was due to using Companion 2.0.5 with an old firmware (it's a new radio though) :oops:

The updating of the firmware was a nightmare. It was as flakey as hell. I had to repeatedly reinstall the driver via the zadig program, and then hit the write firmware option immediately upon the driver update finishing. Any delay and it would stop part way through with an error. I also ended up with all USB devices but the mouse and the radio disconnected. It still took dozens of attempts. It looks like the zadig was changing the driver when I asked it to, but within a minute or so, something was breaking it.

I have no idea where this should be posted, or of it is of any help to anyone.

Nice to have a radio that does something now though ...

Matt

(I thought I had posted this about an hour ago ... I can't even work the forum ! Time to stop and get some sleep before I screw it up even more.)
Steve71

Post by Steve71 »

Hi Rug.

How Kilrah explained it, was quite easy to understand.....once you've played around a bit.

rug

Post by rug »

Hi Steve.

Kilrah's explanation doesn't work for firmware prior to 2.0 I had a new radio, but I had to flash the firmware before I could get to the bootloader screen. It would be helpful if this was mentioned. (Updating the firmware was a nightmare too - but that's another issue).

Also, I have now used this method. I have the correct firmware and I know what to do. But it still does not work for me all the time. I have just managed to read models and settings from radio into OpenTX. As I say, I know the process. But it still took 6 attempts to get it to work. There is a progress bar that does nothing. It sits at empty for a minute or so, sometimes displays a '(not responding)' in the title bar, and then either succeeds or fails in a seemingly random manner.

I expect that my machine happens to have a particular set of circumstances that the software doesn't like. This happens, and a small team can't cover all these outlying issues. But if a set of instructions are posted without any caveats, then they should work for all the radios. And they don't.

The instructions need to mention firmware 2.0.x, (and how to check what firmware your radio is currently on), and should possibly add trying a reboot if the upload/download fails.

Matt
Steve71

Post by Steve71 »

Hiya.

I had trouble for well over 6 months, trying to flash the older system......as I had one of the first Taranis in the UK. I finally figured it all out in January this year !!!.

I could be wrong, so please anyone, put me right..........but the older system of OpenTx isn't compatible with OTX 2.0.

So far, the newer version is working OK.

nikki5

Post by nikki5 »

I got my Taranis today, and i cant get my pc in anyway to detect my taranis...i tested with other pc, other usb.. Radio display a usd connect icon when connected in on mode. I tested with radio on, off, i also tested boot mode ( not working)

Any ideas ? I guess i need a way to update my radio to latest firmware to solve this...but how?
kalle123

Post by kalle123 »

Best you go to http://open-txu.org/ and go through the lessons there ...

Return to “Software”