Bug on the "INPUTS" settings???

Hardware help and support for the FrSky Taranis
ftherrmann

Bug on the "INPUTS" settings???

Post by ftherrmann »

Hello All!

Found what I believe to be a bug in the Taranis software. I kept on trimming up into my glider today and it kept trimming down. Finally I said let’s try trimming it down and sure enough it trimmed up.

If you go negative on the “INPUTS” page 5 the trim doesn't go negative. Can’t see any reason for this.

Am I missing something?

Thanks,

Fred

PS:I'm using the latest v2.1 (?) firmware/companion

Kilrah

Re: Re : Bug on the "INPUTS" settings???

Post by Kilrah »

You simply would not use a negative weight in an input unless you wanted the trim to work backwards ;)

Sent via mobile
dinamich

Re: Bug on the "INPUTS" settings???

Post by dinamich »

I call that a feature not a bug, because it enables one to configure trim to work backwards.
projectkk2glider@github
ftherrmann

Post by ftherrmann »

Why would anyone want a trim to work in reverse to it's stick? Right off hand I can't think of any reasons for doing so. Please educate me.

TIA

Fred
Kilrah

Post by Kilrah »

OpenTX is used for boats, tanks, robots where the whole idea of flight control and trim doesn't apply, so these can be used very differently.

I can return the question in the form of "why do you really want to use a negative weight"?

Trim is unaffected by input settings, it's added after it without scaling etc. Wouldn't make sense suddenly swapping its sign for no reason. And what happens when input is 0%?

Return to “FrSky Taranis radio”