How to apply sound to a slider on Taranis

Hardware help and support for the FrSky Taranis
Spinning

How to apply sound to a slider on Taranis

Post by Spinning »

Possibly a question that has been flogged to death already but I am a very very old newbie to Taranis so thanks for your patience.
I have allocated Flaps to channel 7 on the Mixer screen operated by LS. Works great even added a slow up and down!
However I cannot seem to be able to play tracks Flaps up/down when deploying the flaps. I have set up on custom functions CF1 Play Track and if I allocate a switch it plays fine but cannot set it up to play on a slider.
Beautiful radio - it has only taken me a week to set up the basics after 30 odd years of RC but I love it!
Thanks in advance for any help!!!!
Putting an ice pack on my head now for a while then having a go at setting up a vario ........

Kilrah

Re: How to apply sound to a slider on Taranis

Post by Kilrah »

Usea custom switch to define which slider position should trigger the CF.
Spinning

Post by Spinning »

Thanks Kilrah for quick reply. I see the direction you are pointing me but I just can't figure out how to do it. Do you mind spelling out the steps for me?
Thanks..
Spinning

Post by Spinning »

I have tried for the last 2 days to set up a custom switch but to no avail.
Can anyone spell out what the entry should look like in the CF menu to make the sound function when using the LS?
I have read the manual and looked at many u-tube videos but still seem to be missing something!!
Thanks.
G550Ted

Post by G550Ted »

Using CS1 and CS2, and CF1 and CF2 as examples.

Make: CS1, a<x, LS, 0
CS2, a>x, LS, 0

Make: CF1, CS1, Play Track, Flaps Down, No Repeat
CF2, CF2, Play Track, Flaps Up, No Repeat

HTH,

Ted

Spinning

Post by Spinning »

Brilliant Ted it worked!
Do you mind telling me so I might learn something - in the CS formula what is a & x ?
Also , if I can now work out how to set up flapperons on a different model I guess the same formula will work for the sound?
Thanks again
G550Ted

Post by G550Ted »

Something may not have printed correctly in your post. Do you mean ~x? If so, that means "approximately equal" to the value of x. Useful when designating a slider/pot value when there is a possibility that setting the slider/pot may not result in exactly full deflection or exact center. See the descriptions of the logical expressions for custom switches starting on page 19 of the manual here:

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1qlh ... 1rDJQ/edit

Yes, this method could be used for other applications. If, however, you are using a switch and not a slider/pot to actuate the flapperons no CS are required. Just set the switch in CF to the physical switch you use.

Ted
Spinning

Post by Spinning »

Thanks once again Ted - It is nice to making a bit of sense out of it all at last.
Cheers, Peter
Kilrah

Post by Kilrah »

JOHNNYBOY

Post by JOHNNYBOY »

Hi All...my first time on this forum so apologies if this is in the wrong box...im a disabled r/c trainee pilot (no use of left arm or hand)and use the right slider to control throttle on my X9E tray transmitter...was wondering if i could add a percentage sound tone or a number ,say 1 to 10 as i move the slider up or down as without actually looking at the slider whilst flying its all a bit of guesswork...any help would be really appreciated Thanks
wollenagold

Re: RE: Re: How to apply sound to a slider on Taranis

Post by wollenagold »

JOHNNYBOY wrote:Hi All...my first time on this forum so apologies if this is in the wrong box...im a disabled r/c trainee pilot (no use of left arm or hand)and use the right slider to control throttle on my X9E tray transmitter...was wondering if i could add a percentage sound tone or a number ,say 1 to 10 as i move the slider up or down as without actually looking at the slider whilst flying its all a bit of guesswork...any help would be really appreciated Thanks
Hallo Johnnyboy
A clubmember also misses the left arm.
So he Build in a gimbal-Stick with a poti on top. Nearly the same like the Photo Shows
He ist flying with one Stick elevator, ailerons and rudder. Throttle one the right poti at the right side oft his Yeti-Transceiver (nearly same as the X9E). The Position of the gas-slider you can define with some logical funktions(RS a~x -70 play textxy1 1x, a~x -35 play textxy2 1x, a~x 0center play textxy3 1x, a~x +35 play textxy4 1x, and so on. Myself i have made for a small Modell also such a Feedback with the Haptik. One haptik for the minimum Position to fly long Times and two haptiks Feedback for the Position flying in stormy conditions.
The text-files generate yourself and put on your Sd-Card into the Sounds of your language.
Greetings Wolfgang

Gesendet von meinem SM-M215F mit Tapatalk

tonnie78

Post by tonnie78 »

I have a similar function on my Horus X10 that speaks out my flap angle.

I did the following.

First I wanted a range of 0 to 45 degrees to really represent my flap angle. I did this by using a mixer on channel 32 with my flap channel as input. Then play around with offset and weight to get 0 with flaps up and 45 flaps fully deployed.

Then I created a logical switch.
|◇|>x RS 4
So when slider RS changes more then 4 it triggers. So it works in the whole slider range if I change it more then 4 points.

I then have a special function that plays the value of channel 32.

Next to that I created some logical switches with a delay. So it creates a sequence of events to speak. First flaps down, then the value of channel 32 and then degrees.

Check out my video on YouTube.

https://youtu.be/WPZj8kAvGQ0
iawnski

Post by iawnski »

hi i have used,,LOGICAL SWITCH, lo1 a^x rs then special functions LO1 play track fm thermal

Return to “FrSky Taranis radio”