C9X: Can I set weight beyond minus 100% ?

Help with any software/desktop related issues. e.g. companion9x, eePe, etc
butchalline

C9X: Can I set weight beyond minus 100% ?

Post by butchalline »

I have a quad where the ESC and motors start even with full bottom trim on the throttle.
Can the C9X limits be set or forced below minus 100% ?
Is there some other work-around without re-programming the ESCs?
Also, what does GV mean in the dialog box?

Any and all help appreciated...

Kilrah

Re: C9X: Can I set weight beyond minus 100% ?

Post by Kilrah »

You can by turning on extended limits and setting throttle channel limits higher.

BUT this usually isn't a good solution or may not work at all, as those adjustments typically need to be done on your flight controller or by calibrating the ESCs, the radio normally isn't what matters.
Every FC behaves differently in that regard, so you should read its documentation to understand what to do or at least state what gear you're using so that someone who knows it can help if he reads this.

GV = global variable.
butchalline

Post by butchalline »

Extended limits in preferences then set throttle to minus 120% and problem persists.
Flight controller is APM 2.6, however the problem appeared after changing ESCs, so it looks like I will either have to reprogram them or go back to old ESCs. :-(
Kilrah

Post by Kilrah »

Calibrating ESCs is essential on any multi. The procedure to be used with your board should be explained in its doc.
G550Ted

Post by G550Ted »

No, don't do any of that. The APM is programmed for a minimum throttle setting that spins up the motors when it is armed. There is no way you can make an adjustment to your radio to prevent this. This prevents loss of control of the quad in flight. Reset all of your radio mixes to 100% with no extended limits and calibrate your ESCs normally. Read up on the features of your flight controller for more info.

Ted

Return to “Software”