OpenTX - Nightly builds for pre-2.0 testing

openTx has introduced a range of new features, ideas and bling. It is fast becoming the firmware of choice for many users. openTx will run on ALL current hardware platforms, including the gruvin9x and sky9x boards. Work has already started to support the new FrSky X9D radio!
dinamich

Re: OpenTX - Nightly builds for pre-2.0 testing

Post by dinamich »

The nightly builds from May 20th (http://jenkins.open-tx.org/firmware/nig ... _01-48-04/) onwards, contain a big internal change in processing of logical switches. They should work the same for end users.

Anybody trying this, please check carefully operation of logical switches after updating. And report back if any problems are found.
projectkk2glider@github

bertrand35
9x Developer

Post by bertrand35 »

azure93 wrote:Hello all !! I'm very thanks for all OpenTX members for this great job.

This is just one bug reporting for 2014.05.19 version.

Please refer SF11 & SF14 lines for all screens. It made in companion and running simulator & export to taranis.

As I assume, Inverted logic switch name are shifted in simulator & radio firmware.
This one is fixed:
https://github.com/opentx/opentx/commit ... 95a877fdbd
azure93 wrote: PS ) Could somebody show lua function examples for model.getLogicalSwitch() & model.setCustomFunction() ?
I want make background music jukebox with lua script. ;)
Please explain what you need, I will try to give an hand!
azure93

Post by azure93 »

Thanks for your precious time.

In my SD memory have 100pcs of wave file for background music. ( 0001.wav - 0100.wav )

Some of logical switches change global value between 1 to 100.

At that time lua script make special functions. ( if GVx is 7 then - SFx Lx BgMusic 0007.wav - ) ( maybe with model.setCustomFunction )

and finally I will run this line with some logical or physical switches.
Free! For Endless World.
AlexC

Post by AlexC »

I have just taken the plunge and started using OpenTx 1.99. (19-05-14) build
One anomaly I did notice with an existing model was in the logical switch screen.
I have a switch that activates when the timer reaches a certain point, on OpenTx the time displayed in the V2 box is 120 and on the same location on the transmitter screen it is displayed correctly as 2:00 minutes. I presume the value 120 is in seconds.
creyc

Post by creyc »

I have run into a possible issue trying to use the new multiposition switch mode with my Taranis and the 6-mode switch available from Aloft Hobbies. I am running 5-20-2014 nightly firmware on my Taranis. The multiposition switch is installed in S1.

When I set S1 hardware type to multiposition, the radio does not properly recognize switching between the 6 'modes' of the switch. I tried to resolve this by calibrating S1, which causes the hardware type to be incorrectly set as 'pot'. In the analog input screen I can see the values coming back from the S1 pot are evenly spaced from -100 to +100 in 40% increments, which suggests the hardware is working correctly.

I recorded a video to better illustrate this behavior: [BBvideo 640,480]http://youtu.be/MI9-ICguR8E[/BBvideo]

On the topic of these multi position switches, it seems there is quite a bit of stray signal spikes coming from the switch in-between detent points. Perhaps this is causing issues during calibration? Possibly some type of noise/debounce filter could help here?

bertrand35
9x Developer

Post by bertrand35 »

New Companion is here:
http://downloads-20.open-tx.org/companion/

And you will download the OpenTX firmware from Companion, with the options you need ...

Bertrand
bertrand35
9x Developer

Post by bertrand35 »

creyc wrote:I have run into a possible issue trying to use the new multiposition switch mode with my Taranis and the 6-mode switch available from Aloft Hobbies. I am running 5-20-2014 nightly firmware on my Taranis. The multiposition switch is installed in S1.

When I set S1 hardware type to multiposition, the radio does not properly recognize switching between the 6 'modes' of the switch. I tried to resolve this by calibrating S1, which causes the hardware type to be incorrectly set as 'pot'. In the analog input screen I can see the values coming back from the S1 pot are evenly spaced from -100 to +100 in 40% increments, which suggests the hardware is working correctly.

On the topic of these multi position switches, it seems there is quite a bit of stray signal spikes coming from the switch in-between detent points. Perhaps this is causing issues during calibration? Possibly some type of noise/debounce filter could help here?
We already have a noise filter there! Please give me your email in a PM so that I send you a debug bin and we can understand where is the problem. I installed mine on S2 and it works perfectly.
creyc

Post by creyc »

bertrand35 wrote:
creyc wrote:I have run into a possible issue trying to use the new multiposition switch mode with my Taranis and the 6-mode switch available from Aloft Hobbies. I am running 5-20-2014 nightly firmware on my Taranis. The multiposition switch is installed in S1.

We already have a noise filter there! Please give me your email in a PM so that I send you a debug bin and we can understand where is the problem. I installed mine on S2 and it works perfectly.
bertrand35, I just registered with this forum the other day so I cannot send/receive PMs but you can email me: 1corey at gmail

Thanks!
janlebelg

Post by janlebelg »

hi i reseved the multiswitche
and on screen 7/8 there is S1 S2 and S3
S3 has the option of multiswitch
Is there anny one where the 3 wires go on a Taranis B vertion
then i can give feedbac afterwords
regaards
bertrand35
9x Developer

Post by bertrand35 »

S3 will be available on Taranis Plus only. I should hide this parameter on Taranis.
Scott Page

Post by Scott Page »

I have one BIG question. Once 2.0 is golden - What provisions or plan is in place to update those people that simply can't get their transmitter to "talk to " the computer to do firmware upgrades. Will it be possible install the bootloader without a USB hookup? The follow-up question is -- will FrSky be shipping Tx's with the bootloader aboard or will the zadig nightmare continue to haunt us into old age?
dinamich

Post by dinamich »

Scott, the only way to get bootloader on is to use dfu-util, so no, zadig nightmare can not be avoided.
projectkk2glider@github
Scott Page

Post by Scott Page »

dinamich wrote:Scott, the only way to get bootloader on is to use dfu-util, so no, zadig nightmare can not be avoided.
AHHHHHgh! (goes running screaming into the night).

We need to convince FrSky to include the bootloader in the firmeware they load on the Taranis. If not, there will forever be people who have their first experience with their transmitter be one of cussing, screaming, and pulling their hair out. Most new users of Taranis are not nearly as tech savvy as the early adopters -- this trend seems to be going more that way all the time. I actually have a person who will next weekend be driving a couple hundred miles to come have me help him flash new firmware on his Taranis. Every single one of the 5 new owners I know needed help.
We only see the most savvy modelers in the forums. Those who purchase the Taranis and are not in the forums (and there are alot of them) are doomed if FrSky doesn't play along and use 2.0 or at least the bootloader.

Sorry if this is a bit offtopic - but I have not found anything wrong with the downloads to report lately so I'm choosing to worry about what's next.
rdeanchurch

Post by rdeanchurch »

Scott,
I couldn't agree more!
How to make FrSky pay attention is the problem.
You probably have more influence than most of us with Aloft and FrSky.
I know Aloft/Wayne doesn't control them, but he does have quite a bit of influence.

Would you lead the crusade to convince them?
What mechanism/forum is best to do that? How can we as users help this cause?
Dean
Dean
OldDmbThms: 1. Takeoff, 2. Crash, 3. Repair, GOTO 1
Daedalus66

Post by Daedalus66 »

The boot loader system developed by Mike for the Sky board and 9XR Pro is wonderful! It will be in OpenTX 2.0 for Taranis and FRSky should certainly adopt it ASAP and load it on new transmitters.

Sadly, that's going to be a while and for everyone with the older firmware it will be necessary to install drivers to upgrade to the new system. So the nightmare will continue.

Meanwhile the 9XR Pro should be out soon to show the way.
Kilrah

Post by Kilrah »

Scott Page wrote: We need to convince FrSky to include the bootloader in the firmeware they load on the Taranis.
No need for convincing, it will be done. The answer was to your question about existing radios.
MikeB
9x Developer

Post by MikeB »

If users want to prepare, but don't want to use 1.99/2.00 yet, I've built a version of r2940 with bootloader. You can find it here: viewtopic.php?f=7&t=4582#p64580.

Mike.
erskyTx/er9x developer
The difficult we do immediately,
The impossible takes a little longer!
azure93

Post by azure93 »

One more bug reporting for Firmware build option in Companion. ( Version 1.99.1, May 21 2014 )

Refer attachments, I checked "Haptic" option, But downloaded firmware didn't include haptic function.
Attachments
1.PNG
1.PNG (5.07 KiB) Viewed 12639 times
Free! For Endless World.
davx

Post by davx »

Hi,

I've just set up a Linux compilation environment and I'd like to check the OpenTX binary size.
Could someone tell me exactly what options are needed after make to compile a firmware with Menu Language fr + noheli + notemplates in companion ?

I suppose:
make PCB=TARANIS EXT=FRSKY SDCARD=YES PPM_CENTER_ADJUSTABLE=YES FLIGHT_MODES=YES AUTOSWITCH=YES PPM_LIMITS_SYMETRICAL=YES AUTOSOURCE=YES DBLKEYS=YES HELI=NO TEMPLATES=NO PPM_UNIT=PERCENT_PREC1 GVARS=YES FAI=NO TRANSLATIONS=FR

Thanks.
G550Ted

Post by G550Ted »

bertrand35 wrote:New Companion is here:
http://downloads-20.open-tx.org/companion/

And you will download the OpenTX firmware from Companion, with the options you need ...

Bertrand
Nice work, thanx again!

Can this version be used without issues with the current FW (not v1.99)?

Ted
Kilrah

Post by Kilrah »

NO! The versions must match.

Envoyé de mon iPad à l'aide de Tapatalk
Scott Page

Post by Scott Page »

Kilrah wrote:
Scott Page wrote: We need to convince FrSky to include the bootloader in the firmeware they load on the Taranis.
No need for convincing, it will be done. The answer was to your question about existing radios.
So relieved!!!
MikeB
9x Developer

Post by MikeB »

Suggestion: Handle the SPort receiver voltage separately from A1.
Reason: The X8R2Analog addon sensor can return two analog values one of which may be A1. This would then conflict with the receiver voltage being mapped to A1.
In ersky9x I have added a specific telemetry entry for the receiver voltage, with its own range setting. This does get mapped to A1, unless a real A1 value is received.

Also, it would appear that the ADC3 and ADC4 Sport values are not yet supported.

Mike.
erskyTx/er9x developer
The difficult we do immediately,
The impossible takes a little longer!
bertrand35
9x Developer

Post by bertrand35 »

Right, A3, A4 and RxBatt are already there in the list of telemetry values, I just need to add the relation with their ID from the spec. It will be done later today or tomorrow.
bertrand35
9x Developer

Post by bertrand35 »

azure93 wrote:One more bug reporting for Firmware build option in Companion. ( Version 1.99.1, May 21 2014 )

Refer attachments, I checked "Haptic" option, But downloaded firmware didn't include haptic function.

Ah yes, I will take care of this one, just the option to add on the compilation server.
bertrand35
9x Developer

Post by bertrand35 »

I just added the haptic option for Taranis to the compilation server, would you check for me that it works? Thanks!
Endolf

Post by Endolf »

Hi

Just upgraded from the 5th of may build to the 20th of may build. I have a logical switch set up that is based off throttle being >-99 and my throttle hold switch not being in 'hold' position. I then have an edge switch based on this value becoming false that has a duration of 20 seconds. The idea was that I could carry on recording logs for 20 seconds after hitting throttle hold (think auto rotation on helis).

After I upgraded all my 'cell' logical switches became 'fuel' as did all my telemetry read outs. This was sort of expected as per the warning about the builds newer than 20th. However, what I can't seem to resolve is my edge switch with a duration. It just triggers and flicks off again, it not longer has the duration.

Is this a bug or has the functionality been moved to somewhere new?

Thanks

Endolf
G550Ted

Post by G550Ted »

Kilrah wrote:NO! The versions must match.
OK, thanx for the clarification.

Ted
Kilrah

Post by Kilrah »

Endolf wrote: Is this a bug or has the functionality been moved to somewhere new?
Try on a new model, if it works it's not a bug.
davx

Post by davx »

Someone ?
davx wrote:Hi,

I've just set up a Linux compilation environment and I'd like to check the OpenTX binary size.
Could someone tell me exactly what options are needed after make to compile a firmware with Menu Language fr + noheli + notemplates in companion ?

I suppose:
make PCB=TARANIS EXT=FRSKY SDCARD=YES PPM_CENTER_ADJUSTABLE=YES FLIGHT_MODES=YES AUTOSWITCH=YES PPM_LIMITS_SYMETRICAL=YES AUTOSOURCE=YES DBLKEYS=YES HELI=NO TEMPLATES=NO PPM_UNIT=PERCENT_PREC1 GVARS=YES FAI=NO TRANSLATIONS=FR

Thanks.

Return to “openTx”