Which heli

Need some advice? Trying out a new idea? Fancy a beer?
Join us for some general banter and good times.
Billthetug

Which heli

Post by Billthetug »

Hi I am thinking of getting into heli flying
A hk-450 tt but not sure wether to get flybar less or flybar as I am a beginner it is a clone of the trex 450
Also the gyro a cheep one or a good one a fly mentor
Anybody got any advise please
Many thanks
Bill

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Bill A born again modeler
Sent from my ipad using tapatalk

gohsthb

Re: Which heli

Post by gohsthb »

To start with go for a flybar if you can. That way you can "see" how the head is setup. If you can assemble the head straight and level everything in there it will fly just fine. Setting up a flybarless requires being able to fly the heli to complete the setup. For the 450 size make sure you have a nice pad to takeoff and land from. The tail gears are pretty fragile and will break easily. For a tail gyro I like the GA250 from Hobbyking. It works just fine, even doing some 3D with mine.
-Gohst
Billthetug

Post by Billthetug »

Hi Gohst thanks for the advise
Have ordered the 450 kit as some of it has to come from hk, uk and eu it will be a while before it is built I got a sim
Phoenix 5 but not sure how to program the 9x and er9x to get it to work properly
Also a very important item I need to work out is how to set the long left hand switch as a throttle cut safety for when I am ready for testing once I know how to do that I should be able to work out any other switches
So any help would be appreciated.
Cheers
Bill A born again modeler
Sent from my ipad using tapatalk
gohsthb

Post by gohsthb »

I am on my phone so I can't search right now. But there is a heli section somewhere on these forums. Think I found it here: viewtopic.php?f=57&t=620

Sent from my LG-D801 using Tapatalk

Return to “The Pickled Gnu (The Pub)”