General Questions Chat & Advice

Programing help and example for all firmwares based on thus's th9 firmware.
papa_lazerous

Post by papa_lazerous »

Okay it's probably stupid question simple answer time here but I am stumped on this....
I am running Er9x and have got my head round most things but there is one thing I cant figure out thats bugging me,

I am using a headtracker which is working fine on channels 6 & 7 but I find its not sensitive enough for my needs. So I have to move my head further than I want to get the desired effect on my model. I need to find a way of getting more throw for less input on channel 6 & 7, pretty much what I need is expo unless there is a better way of doing it. but I only know how to set expo on channels 1 thru 4. Is there a way I can set up a mix for this? I have tried messing with curves and it didnt give the result I am looking for unless I was doing that wrong also

Thanks for any help
John

JEANALTAYR

Re: Mixes, Templates & Programing

Post by JEANALTAYR »

hi
what about SETUP 2/ 12 ; proto: P XX :?:
thanks JMI
wheelspinner20

Post by wheelspinner20 »

JMI.... what does this mean??
what about SETUP 2/ 12 ; proto: P XX
John, I once worked with someone from southend on sea.

Anyway, maybe when you get a chance you could post some pics and descriptions in the MODS section to share with others your headtracker access setup! I too might be diving into FPV and would be very interested.

Also, I'm fasinated with PMack's mix there, I must try it out on the eepe sim to see how that works.... I wonder if it would damage a regular servo by driving it past its limits??

Pat
no more quippy little latin phrases.! Its old
wheelspinner20

Post by wheelspinner20 »

I tried the additional +100% glad I did, never knew it worked that way. I have actually added that accidently and flown models like that thinking it was a harmless redundancy! LOL

Now, when the multiplex is changed to multiply, instead of add, it makes the output move in the opposite direction, why is this??

AND since there is no expo on non-stick channels, could one simulate expo by adding additional +100% and then setting up a curve to reduce affect near 0 and increase it out near +xx and -xx??

Just curious.

Pat
JEANALTAYR

Post by JEANALTAYR »

[hi
what about SETUP 2/ 12 ; proto: P XX :?:

excuse me
JMI for Jean Mi
and for the rest i have upgraded my Tx with the last firm R 648 FRSKY
I just compare with previous firm
in MENU / MODEL SETUP 2/12 whats new : PPM or dsm2 for Tx Spectrum module and: P xx :?: :oops:
in MENU / MODEL TELEMETRY 10/12 -----1°line UsrProto: FrHub (FRSKY-hub çà marche bien in french) or WSHhi :?: :oops:
in MENU / RADIO SETUP 1/ 6: NEW ITEM 3 .Sound mode Beeper ;Pi Spkr ;PcmWav :
original beeper
or differents mod hard with Speaker Mods with Haptic Feedback may be for the 2°
and for 3°PcmWav :?
thanks for replys
Best regards
JMI

MikeB
9x Developer

Post by MikeB »

PXX is for a new PCM protocol for FrSky, under development. Need ro find some time to progress it.
UsrProto - User Protocol. This is the serial protocol to be used from the telemetry receiver. The options are for the FrSky hub or the Winged Shadow How High device (WSHhi). WSHhi only gives altitude, but is more accurate.
Sound options:
Pi Spkr: piezo speaker.
PcmWav: Unimplemented sound output (yet).
original beeper: stock beeper.

Mike.
erskyTx/er9x developer
The difficult we do immediately,
The impossible takes a little longer!
JEANALTAYR

Post by JEANALTAYR »

Thank you very much Mike
I am going to translate for the french manual update

happy new year ER9X, I don't forget rc Group :http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showpost ... ount=15170
and his COMMUNITY :D
JMI
jhsa

Post by jhsa »

rob.thomson wrote:
MikeB wrote:
wheelspinner20 wrote:Now, when the multiplex is changed to multiply, instead of add, it makes the output move in the opposite direction, why is this??
I would expect the output to only move one way, whichever way you move the stick. Each mixer output goes from -100 to +100. When you multiply the mixer values are multiplied together, then divided by 100 to keep the range correct. But, of course -100 times -100 is +10000 which is then divided by 100 to give 100.
For a scaling operation you need to use an offset of +100 and and weight of 50%. THe offset changes -100 to + 100 into 0 to +200, then the weight scales it back to 0 to 100.

Using the same +100% mix on one channel is the same as having a single mix with a 5 point curve set to -100, -100, 0, 100, 100.

An intersting way of increasing the rate of response is:
+100% AIL
* +50% P1 offset 100 (multiply mix)
+100% AIL

Now, if the pot P1 is fully one way you get the normal movement, and if the pot is fully the other way you the same as having the +100% AIL in twice. But you can nopw choose, while flying, the amount of increased movement by turning P1.

Mike.
How cool is that mix! What a good way of taming a model quickly!

I guess the same logic can be applied to your throttle stick to reduce control movement as you increase throttle.

Rob

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Maybe could be posted on Wiki??

João
My er9x/Ersky9x/eepskye Video Tutorials
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL5uJhoD7sAKidZmkhMpYpp_qcuIqJXhb9

Donate to Er9x/Ersky9x:
https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_s-xclick&hosted_button_id=YHX43JR3J7XGW
GyroGearloose

Post by GyroGearloose »

Greetings:

I have developed a "bunch" of really custom and (I think...) very unique mixes for ER9X, which showcase just HOW powerful this radio and firmware CAN be... short question would be, where is a good place to upload my *.eepe examples and documentation (since the in-mix commenting function still doesn't work as far as I can tell)?

Some things I demonstrate:

- Selective differential thrust for a twin-prop (eg P38) plane (speed of each motor follows rudder signal to insane turns and ground maneuvering)

- Selective and trimmable Flaperons (just because there isn't a template for this built in)

- Conditionals, Delays and Sequencing, for full automation of landing gear, electric canopies, etc... (ie. gear automatically raises based on time spent at raised throttle and lowers again for landing when throttled down, sticky-TK safe since motor has to *actually* be running to raise the gear; canopy auto-opens when throttle off for a period of time, and autocloses for takeoff). A "bailout" safety switch ensures canopy and gear go safe on demand "just in case." Directly applicable to something like the HK P51, but a good example of some of the advanced programming possible. A "thought-provoker" for further crazy mixes... :-)

- VTOL mixing for hover-into-forward flight and back again. Almost all controls serve two discretely switched purposes depending whether in hover mode or VT-jet mode.

So, if widely interested, let me know where to upload... or fewer people are interested, just drop me a note for 1-off mailings... :-)

-Gyro Gearloose
I could fly so much better if a second flight wasn't a requirement....
wheelspinner20

Post by wheelspinner20 »

So, if widely interested, let me know where to upload... or fewer people are interested, just drop me a note for 1-off mailings...
Gyro, are you kidding, of course we are interested. I guess the

http://code.google.com/p/er9x/downloads/list

would be the first place, its up to rob I guess, but you can fill a post here with the eepem files if you want. How many are we talking??

Sounds like hours of fun and entertainment on the simulator.!

Pat
GyroGearloose

Post by GyroGearloose »

Pat:

That's exactly where I was thinking, but there isn't an upload link. Approval is fine with me, but not sure where to send files for consideration on that page.

As for number of files, I was debating whether to do eepe packs of related functions or really each major function in its own eepe for easier top-level labelling. "Advanced pack 3" isn't as clear as "random movement searchlight", eh? But I suspect 30 eepe files would be a pain too...

Either way, I figure only a few zip/rar files with loadable eepe and descriptive PDF file descriptions of purpose, required wiring, servo polarity, etc.

Any crazy "How could you do..." requests for me to ponder? I love a challenge... ;->

Gyro
GyroGearloose

Re: General Questions Chat & Advice

Post by GyroGearloose »

Rob has set up a templates directory:

viewforum.php?f=38

...which I have (sorry?) carpet-bombed with a bunch of my favorite mixes, as well as a single EEPE rollup and documentation posted as it's own mega-pack:

viewtopic.php?f=38&t=117&p=718#p718

Enjoy, everyone...

-Gyro
jhsa

Post by jhsa »

I just had a look at it.. I should be workin really ;) but couldn't resist.. :D

Very good. Thank you.

João

Donate to Er9x/Ersky9x:
https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_s-xclick&hosted_button_id=YHX43JR3J7XGW
Rob Thomson
Site Admin

Post by Rob Thomson »

Nice to see it fulling up!
Slope Soaring, FPV, and pretty much anything 'high tech'
...........if you think it should be in the wiki.. ask me for wiki access, then go add it!
Flaps 30

Post by Flaps 30 »

I'm getting a little confused when I look at the firmware site ---> http://code.google.com/p/er9x/

Some of the binaries seem to be missing. I know that someone else asked the same question on RCGroups but I cannot remember the answer. I gather that some of them are redundant. Of course that leads to another question as to why the redundant binary titles ar still there.
erazz
9x Developer

RE: General Questions Chat & Advice

Post by erazz »

The site needs to be overhauled. Tell the truth it's always a bit behind... Everything moves so fast :]

Awesome work Gyro, keep it up!

Sent from my thingamagik. http://www.eraviv.com
Z

BEWARE - WE ARE IN THE AIR!!!
What goes up... Should be controlled by a 9X!
HC1969

Post by HC1969 »

Where do I set the number of blades for tachometer (in ER9x-FrSky)?
http://rc.emiter.hu/ (MegaSound 9X, GCL-2, FrSky-RSSI-DAC, etc.) Keress fel!
MikeB
9x Developer

Post by MikeB »

At the moment you can't. The FrSky RPM sensor I have does not work very well, I cannot get a reliable reading from it. I need to find time to investigate it. I'll add blade setting to my TODO list.

Mike.
Edit, Also we need to store this somewhere, on a per model basis, EEPROM is getting tight to do this.
erskyTx/er9x developer
HC1969

Post by HC1969 »

MikeB wrote:At the moment you can't. The FrSky RPM sensor I have does not work very well, I cannot get a reliable reading from it. I need to find time to investigate it. I'll add blade setting to my TODO list.

Mike.
Understand... thanks!
http://rc.emiter.hu/ (MegaSound 9X, GCL-2, FrSky-RSSI-DAC, etc.) Keress fel!
jennifer6

Post by jennifer6 »

Hi, Have searched all over the place but can't find an answer.
In radio setup ER9X, 1/6, after switch warnings have Default sw TRE012AG. It is probably obvious and will be, but what does this mean. R708.
Cheers,JJ.
MikeB
9x Developer

Post by MikeB »

When you first switch the radio on, er9x used to require that all the switches were 'OFF'. This option lets you choose a default setting with some switches 'ON' and others 'OFF' instead. T is THR switch, R is RUD switch etc. Use the left/right buttons to select a switch, and MENU to toggle.

Mike.
erskyTx/er9x developer
Rob Thomson
Site Admin

Post by Rob Thomson »

MikeB wrote:When you first switch the radio on, er9x used to require that all the switches were 'OFF'. This option lets you choose a default setting with some switches 'ON' and others 'OFF' instead. T is THR switch, R is RUD switch etc. Use the left/right buttons to select a switch, and MENU to toggle.

Mike.

Quick.. someone get that in the wiki guide?
...........if you think it should be in the wiki.. ask me for wiki access, then go add it!
Rob Thomson
Site Admin

Post by Rob Thomson »

cre8tiveleo

Post by cre8tiveleo »

Quick someone get him a pint! It would be me, but he's on the other side of the pond... Soooo... Can't let it go to waste... Yummy

:D

---
I am here: http://maps.google.com/maps?ll=44.056175,-79.476069
Crashmaster3939

Post by Crashmaster3939 »

I am new to er9x but I successfully got one plane set up with some added up-elevator with throttle and a custom curve. Now I am trying to set up 3 position flaps on the 3 position switch and I'm having some problems.

I got it working pretty well, flaps move to the proper 3 positions, but I can tell I'm doing something wrong when I slow it down, on eepe and on actual model. I am using...
Max as the source on channel 6,
-20% MAX ID2
+45% MAX ID1
+90% MAX ID0

The flaps move properly when at full speed, but when I add slow-down, I can see that they first try to move to zero or 100%, and then move where they should.

I tried using FULL instead of MAX, that did not help. I'm wondering if I should use P1 P2 & P3, but those are completely left out of the er9X manual and wiki manual. Any help would be appreciated, or an example mix of simple 3 position flaps. I only see 3-position flapperons here in 9xforums. THANKS! Greg
Greg
jhsa

Post by jhsa »

I just tried it in eepe and it's working fine..

Donate to Er9x/Ersky9x:
jhsa

Post by jhsa »

Or you can also use like this.. maybe it works better for you.. I know there were issues with the slow function. I don't understand why it is working for me now. maybe you should update eepe and the tx??

ok, download the file and open it in eepe
Attachments
Flaps.eepm
(1.06 KiB) Downloaded 346 times

Donate to Er9x/Ersky9x:
Crashmaster3939

Post by Crashmaster3939 »

Thanks a bunch jhsa, that mix you made DOES work fine for 3 position flaps :D . I was adding the slow down function onto each mix for IDO, ID1, and ID2. I think that was causing my problem. Also I had "no trim" selected on all 3 switches, maybe that was an issue as well. But you mix works great!

Suggestion for moderator, you should put jhsa's flap mix on the page of mixes, but change name to "3 position flaps". It will probably help a bunch of newbs like me.
Last edited by Crashmaster3939 on Fri Feb 24, 2012 5:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
Greg
jhsa

Post by jhsa »

There are different ways of doing the same thing.. That's the good thing about this firmware. but sometimes can be a bit confusing. I'm sure someone will post even a better way of doing it.. There are some guys here that are really good at it.
The way you had it before with the slow on each line was working for me in eepe as well.

João

Donate to Er9x/Ersky9x:

Return to “er9x / gruvin9x / th9 based firmwares”