Aileron-flaps, and “full-length ailerons”

If you have a model config you would like to share. Post it here!
GyroGearloose

Post by GyroGearloose »

Gyro Gearloose's Full-Length aileron mixes...
Gyro Gearloose - Full Ailerons.eepe
(4.84 KiB) Downloaded 570 times
Purpose: Now that we've discussed flaperons, we'll consider the reverse – using flaps as ailerons! The reason for doing this is that you can have full-length ailerons when you're not using the flaps as flaps, which gives you a greater surface area imparting roll, with somewhat lower drag than just having smaller ailerons at steeper angles.

Physical setup and Wiring: Your plane must have separate servos for each flap. For this example, we don't care how the ailerons are set up, so we'll assume they are on a single radio channel. If your plane is wired (as many are) with a Y-cable that puts both flap servos on the same radio channel, you'll have to separate them so each servo is on it's own radio channel – we need independent control. By convention, I use ch1 for my left or only aileron, ch6 for my left or only flap, and I'll be using ch7 for my right flap.

Implementation: Variable and Preset Flaperons (“Full Ailrs”)
ID0 – flaps act as full-length ailerons, not flaps
ID1 – P3 sets where to snap the flaps to, and flaps stop acting like ailerons (normal flaps)
ID2 – The combination of the above, so you have variable flaps and then they also assist ailerons
I could fly so much better if a second flight wasn't a requirement....

Return to “Template Library”