Turnigy open9x & Dji naza configuration

openTx has introduced a range of new features, ideas and bling. It is fast becoming the firmware of choice for many users. openTx will run on ALL current hardware platforms, including the gruvin9x and sky9x boards. Work has already started to support the new FrSky X9D radio!
Micron792

Turnigy open9x & Dji naza configuration

Post by Micron792 »

Hi all I wanted to know if anyone can help me configure my Turnigy open9x with frsky without telemetry with naza qudrocopter Dji.

Rob Thomson
Site Admin

Re: Turnigy open9x & Dji naza configuration

Post by Rob Thomson »

I am pretty certain there are plenty other threads for this question on the forum - possibly even a template already?

I would check - but am only on my phone, as away. Sure someone will point you to the correct info.

Rob
Slope Soaring, FPV, and pretty much anything 'high tech'
...........if you think it should be in the wiki.. ask me for wiki access, then go add it!
Kilrah

Post by Kilrah »

Have a look at this, it's a seriously stripped down version of what I actually use - but at least it's less confusing, understanding the full version could probably be an open9x proficiency test ;)

The 3-position switch is the M-A-GPS selector, ELE turns on Home Lock mode and forces GPS mode regardless of where the 3-position switch is, RUD triggers failsafe.

This assumes you have the GPS of course, otherwise you can remove what deals with ELE and RUD too.
Attachments
F450.eepe
(4.84 KiB) Downloaded 917 times
Micron792

Post by Micron792 »

Thank you very kindly, I still do not have Gps, could you give me an explanation to configuration without Gps? As you can see are the first experience and I apologize if I make too many questions, I did not understand how to set it to Rud Ele naza without gps.
If you can I set the eeprom without Gps so after I look with eepe what have you changed?
Hello and happy new year and excuse my English, I am responding with a translator.
bertrand35
9x Developer

Post by bertrand35 »

If you use open9x, you should use companion9x in place of eePe!

Bertrand.

Micron792

Post by Micron792 »

Thank you for your help, very kind
calla969

Post by calla969 »

I could really use a little help with programming my TX for use with NAZA and GPS too. I am using the latest version of C9x (as a side note, I cannot get the tx simulator to work in this version) and a Sky9x board. I am trying to program a failsafe switch that will work in either GPS or ATTI mode. Obviously if I am in ATTI mode, it will first have to activate GPS mode and then the failsafe/RTH mode. I see the eeProm file above, but I would like to keep my switches where they are if possible since I am accustomed to it. If I can't do it, I'll just have to relearn the switch locations.

Currently I have:
3 pos. switch set as 0=course lock off, 1=course lock on, 2=home lock on.
ELE switch up=GPS mode, down =ATTI mode. I have no use for manual/crash immediately mode until my flying skills improve.
AIL switch =dual rates/expo
P1=gain adjustment
THR switch up =RTH/failsafe

My THR switch activates RTH when it's in GPS mode, but has no effect when the ELE switch is in the ATTI mode. I know this is because I don't have anything set up to activate the GPS mode and turn on failsafe/RTH with a combination of ELE switch down/ATTI mode and THR switch up.

I hope this makes sense. I am very new to doing any real programming of any TX and this is driving me nuts. I'm hoping this will be a decent intro to programming.

I attached my eeProm. Quad is the one I'm working on. Thanks in advance for any help or advice!
Attachments
EEPROM with QUAD.eepe
(512 KiB) Downloaded 522 times
Kilrah

Post by Kilrah »

OK, so:
CH1-4: Normally AETR, but I guess you swapped the wires?
CH5: When you just want a fixed value depending on a switch, use MAX. So:
XX% MAX (ATTI)
R YY% MAX Switch (ELE) (GPS)
R ZZ% MAX Switch (THR) (Fail-safe)
Fail-safe is last, and type is Replace, so whenever the THR switch is active it will override everything regardless of ELE switch. Find the correct percentages by looking at the slider positions in the Naza assistant (reset the limits first).
CH6: OK
CH7: You'll want to adjust the Offset and Limits in the LIMITS screen, also while looking at the slider in the Naza assistant so that the correct zones are activated. Adjust offset first for course lock with the switch in the middle, then set the other 2.
calla969

Post by calla969 »

Thanks Kilrah!! I got everything working! Now I just need to figure out how to set voice files to be triggered by the A2 output on my FrSky module. I want a voice alarm for low flight pack battery. Any suggestions?
combjuda

Post by combjuda »

As calla's issues seems solved ... I take the freedom and hijack this thread... :-)

I setup my X650 quad with Naza and GPS together and would like to do some fancy "condition-switches".

Basics setup is done and working:
AETR with T-cut ==> ok
3POS (GPS-ATTI-MANU) ==> ok
Failsave on GEAR regardles 3POS switch ==> ok
X1 on P3 ==> ok
X2 on P1 ==> ok

I would like to use X1 and X2 with respect of another switch(es) for either:
- IOC
- calibrating Gimbal control
- calibrating basic gains (and/or Attitude gains)
f.e If AIL switch is OFF ==> Homelock OFF, AIL switch ON ==> homelock ON
f.e. RUD switch OFF ==> Gimbal control, RUD switch ON ==> Gain calibration (pitch, roll, to be setup in Naza control)

I played around with custom switches but .... well, no success (I come from Spektrum DX7)

Any hints and tipps/templates are very appreciated.

Peter
Kilrah

Post by Kilrah »

Hmm...

You're aware that you only have 2 inputs, so you need to connect the Naza to the PC and disable either gimbal control or IOC if you want gain calibration, right?

What I have is IOC on a switch. When I need to calibrate gain I connect the Naza to the PC, deactivate gimbal control, and assign X1 to gain adjustment. As this channel is already controlledby a pot, there's nothing to change on the radio.
combjuda

Post by combjuda »

I thought about the idea of using the virtual channels and map them - depending of some switch positions to X1 and X2 channels in the Naza.... so... for example: programming channel 11 on my 9XR with condition - if AIL switch AND RUD switch are ==> then move value from P1 and P3 to X1/X1 output channels and interpret as gain control. Not sure if the Naza changes the gain values if I make another switch combination like AIL+ELE to create new values with P1/P3 and send them as another output signal to the Naza.

Maybe I need a second RX on the naza and some Y-connectors between 2 RX and the flight controller?
Kilrah

Post by Kilrah »

combjuda wrote: and interpret as gain control.
That's what not possible.

The Naza has 2 inputs, X1 and X2. What these inputs do is configured on the PC in the Naza assistant, and that's it.
There's no way outside of Naza assistant to say what you want these inputs to do.

If you configure X1 to both adjust gain and move the gimbal, then anytime you move X1 to move the gimbal it will also adjust gain. If you want to diable gain adjustment, you have to connect to the PC.
combjuda

Post by combjuda »

Got it it now - thanks for clarification - i was thinking to complicated not taking into account that there are only 2 input channels with no way to change their behaviour from outside. Would work with my XAircraft FC (has 12 inout and 12 output channels) but not with the Naza.... Will move IOC function to a switch then and leave it like it is :-)
DaveP

Post by DaveP »

The Naza M lite ....
Do the Basic gain settings under 'autopilot' relate only to flying in Manual mode? Or do they affect every mode?
And do the Attitude gains likewise only relate to flying in Attitude/GPS mode?
Any direction would be appreciated...(especially up!)
Thanks. DP
Kilrah

Post by Kilrah »

Basic affects everything.
You adjust basic in manual mode correctly, then switch to attitude where attitude gains are used ON TOP of the basic ones and adjust them.

Return to “openTx”