It Works!!

Everything about the smartie programmer and backlight kit!
crocky

It Works!!

Post by crocky »

Hi, my name is Bob and I am a new user to OpenRc. It has been about 40 years since I did anything with radio control and things sure have changed since then.

Just to give you an idea of my capabilities, I had a very serious Stroke back in 2002 which they said I should not have survived. Nothing on the right hard side works now, apart from that I am fine. Anyway I have decided to give Open TX a try using a FlySky 9X V2 transmitter with the aim of getting it to control a hexacopter, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OsATmfRC0U4 something like this would be nice.

I started by installing the HK backlight kit and began soldering wires to the board for the programming set up. That got a little bit fiddly and in the end I decided not to do it that way and saw that there was a Smartieparts board available by email so I went and got one.

That was a very well made board and certainly worth the investment cost. It went together like it was made for it :) cut the wires for the backlight and soldered them to the smartieparts connector and it works too.

Then I did a bit of reading and video viewing to make sure I had it correct.

Because I use a Mac I went and got Open TX configured and Companion software and flashed the 9X with Open TX after I turned the power ON (common trap I believe). I have noticed that the trim switch is not working properly for the Aileron, looks like I have to take it apart again. Exercised it a bit and now it is working. The only other things to come now are the FrSky modules, the hex is already built.... Not long now.

Big thanks to Steven, I didn't have to call :)

If I can do it, anyone can.....

rperkins

Re: It Works!!

Post by rperkins »

Way to go. happy flying

Return to “SMARTIEPARTS PROGRAMMER”