Automated stall turn & blender throttle blip setups

If you have a model config you would like to share. Post it here!
MattyB

Automated stall turn & blender throttle blip setups

Post by MattyB »

Having seen Scotts' excellent video where he implements an automated stall turn cascade I decided to have a play with this myself. Having done this I realised most of the logic could be reused to create a setup which blips the throttle to "snap" a model cleanly into a blender (one of my favourite manouvres, but one which I struggle to time correctly):

[BBvideo 425,350]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h7ZZD4vtn94[/BBvideo]

Getting the arming and activation to work took a fair bit of thought, but I got there in the end. Anyway, attached is a zip file featuring an EEPROM with two model mories, one demonstrating the stall turn and the other the blender. Full documentation describing exactly how this works is included in the zip, but to summarise:
  • Stall turn - Full rudder deflection will trigger a blip of throttle to get the model round the stall turn neatly. Once activated this cannot be triggered again for a short period. Both the throttle blip and deactivation periods can be adjusted.
  • Blender - After a period of constant full rate rolling on the downline the blender system is armed. If ailerons remain at full deflection and the rudder and elevator are moved to predetermined positions signifying a blender then a blip of throttle will then be triggered to “snap” the model into the blender. The throttle then automatically returns to the previous setting. The arming trigger, arming period, stick activation positions and throttle blip time are all tunable.
Important note – This EEPROM is mode 1 and uncalibrated. To ensure it works perfectly on your Taranis open the EEPE file in companion9X, copy the relevent model memory to a spare slot in your live calibrated EEPE, then burn that to your transmitter. Happy flying!

I hope this is useful! :)

cheers,
Matt

Pre-flight checks / Disclaimer - Although this setup has been tested, it is up to the pilot to ensure all controls respond correctly under all conditions. I cannot be held responsible for any bugs in the setup or documentation, so please remember to test your model setup thoroughly before flying!
Attachments
Stallturn and blender setups.zip
(239.93 KiB) Downloaded 328 times

Return to “Template Library”