D4R-II Battery Voltage

General Help and support for the Taranis Radio.
schome1

D4R-II Battery Voltage

Post by schome1 »

I'm hoping someone can help. I've been searching for some good information on how to setup my FrSky D4R-II with an FVAS-02H and an SP-FLVS. So far, what I've done is modify the provided cables from the D4R-II package to connect from the RX to the Vario (FVAS-02H) out port. I connected the cable that came with the vario from the vario in port to the RX channel 2 (only +/-). This provided power to the Vario. The vario works fine.

Here's the problem. When I try to get my 2S LiPo to register on the telemetry screen with the cels, I get 0. When I look at A2, I get some number that doesn't equate to my LiPo voltage. The SP-FLVS is connected to an S-Port on the Vario and is powered up (LED flashes).

What I want is to get the LiPo voltage to display on the Taranis Telemetry screen. Is this possible with the D4R-II? I should also mention that I'm using CPPM, so channels 3 and 4 are jumpered and channel 1 is connected to my flight controller. Channel 2 is connected to the vario (as described above) to provide power to it via the IN port.

Thanks

rdeanchurch

Re: D4R-II Battery Voltage

Post by rdeanchurch »

If all you want is the overall pack voltage, I think you just need the
FRSKY BATTERY VOLTAGE SENSOR (FBVS-01) or a simple voltage divider.
And it goes to the A2 connector of the D4R. If you want individual cell voltage you need
FRSKY SP-FLVS - SMART PORT LIPO VOLTAGE SENSOR
To chain to the vario sport.
Dean
OldDmbThms: 1. Takeoff, 2. Crash, 3. Repair, GOTO 1
davx

Re: D4R-II Battery Voltage

Post by davx »

Hi,

@schome1 :
The D4R-II receiver does not support Smart Port sensors, if you want individual cell voltage, it may be possible to use a FLVS-01 in combination with your FVAS-02H or you just do what rdeanchurch suggest with a voltage divider.

Tchao

Return to “General help (FrSky Taranis radio)”