My flexible 8/16 ch Tx.

General mods that are considered worth doing; regardless of the end firmware you use.
kaos

Re: My flexible 8/16 ch Tx.

Post by kaos »

There is a 5V source at back plate , the bottom role left 1st. ;)
that is where I get my neon tx on/off light power from. :mrgreen:

jhsa

Post by jhsa »

jhsa wrote:As far as I know there is no 5V on that connector :) it's battery voltage.. If you have 5V in there then flysky made a very special 9x only for you :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
Also the frsky modules both have a 5V regulator inside. that is why the minimum operation voltage has to be HIGHER than 5V

If you want 5V, you have it on the big connector at the bottom, but not on the RF module pins.. :)
That's what I said here :mrgreen:
There is a 5V source at back plate , the bottom role left 1st. ;)
that is where I get my neon tx on/off light power from. :mrgreen:
And Rick wanted to connect the DHT module and not a neon light :P :mrgreen:
My er9x/Ersky9x/eepskye Video Tutorials
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL5uJhoD7sAKidZmkhMpYpp_qcuIqJXhb9

Donate to Er9x/Ersky9x:
https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_s-xclick&hosted_button_id=YHX43JR3J7XGW
kaos

Post by kaos »

He will want a neon too. ;)
RCHH

Post by RCHH »

Cracking setup you have there - this board really is the dogz dangly bitz - but finding that 4P4T slide switch in the UK (unless willing to pay DigiKey £12 to deliver an 80p switch) is shall we say 'problematical' heh heh! Anyone know of anywhere it can be found for sensible postage? TIA
Oh to be in the USA! Or China! lol!!!
The simpleton asked "Hows about ErSky9X for Horus???". And the Genius from Dorset replied "Why not indeed? I shall get right onto it!" And then there was light on Horus! And it was good!
kaos

Post by kaos »

have you tried Mouser to see what their shipping is? that is where I get them in the US.

MikeB
9x Developer

Post by MikeB »

I'm just looking at Maplin. Slide switches are only 2-pole, but there is a rotary 4-pole switch http://www.maplin.co.uk/rotary-switches-2417
or a toggle switch http://www.maplin.co.uk/4pdt-toggle-switch-2343

Mike.
erskyTx/er9x developer
The difficult we do immediately,
The impossible takes a little longer!
RCHH

Post by RCHH »

kaos wrote:have you tried Mouser to see what their shipping is? that is where I get them in the US.
Tried Mouser but shipping to the UK is ... £12. Suspect Mouser and DK are the same entity as far as UK deliveries go.

Also tried Maplin here in the UK Mike, but theirs are only 4P3T so no good really.

A switch ... A switch! My Kingdom for a Switch! Lol!!!
The simpleton asked "Hows about ErSky9X for Horus???". And the Genius from Dorset replied "Why not indeed? I shall get right onto it!" And then there was light on Horus! And it was good!
kaos

Post by kaos »

OK, this finalized my SKY9X Tx. After the DHT is in, I thought I am done with it. Planning on using the DHT only for Frysky 2 way rx and left out the switches (1,2, fw). then I thought, why not fully utilize the function. so I add another 1P2T slider for me to use either 1/2 way rx. I do have one V series rx. the slider is also from Mouser: http://www.mouser.com/Search/ProductDet ... SLS121PC04
the size and the height of the slider is just right to place on the right side of the antenna, again, not like the stick switch, there is no chance to bump into it during fly and mess up. It is a SPDT switch but I leave out the fw wire, so in 2 way position , it is just not connected, while the other position will have the two wires shorted to be in 1 way mode. I left out the fw reflash function out because I figure I have to open the tx to do it any way for connection of flash wires. with a 2 position switch just for 1/2 way, no chance to flip to fw mode by accident.

Now this tx is closed 'for good'. ;) NO reason to do anything more on it. ;) except to replace backup battery or flash the DHT fw if needed.
Attachments
only 2 position.  toward the back is 2 way, to ward the front is 1 way mode.  (need to make some marking ;)  )
only 2 position. toward the back is 2 way, to ward the front is 1 way mode. (need to make some marking ;) )
left side is the bind button and led.  the right side is the mode switch.
left side is the bind button and led. the right side is the mode switch.
backman8571

Post by backman8571 »

Any idea if this work on the 9XR radio also

Per
kaos

Post by kaos »

no, only with Sky9x board. It has 2 ppm out put. May be the future XR pro board will have, don't know the detail.
with 9X or 9XR you can only have 8ch with trainer function or 16 ch without trainer function using the 4P4T switch. also the telemetry source can only be from one module while Sky9x board has two com port for telemetry selection.
MikeB
9x Developer

Post by MikeB »

If you want 16 channels on a stock 9X, consider the XJT module. In PXX, D16 mode, it supports 16 channels to two X8R receivers.

Mike.
erskyTx/er9x developer
The difficult we do immediately,
The impossible takes a little longer!
backman8571

Post by backman8571 »

I can get 12 channels to work

I use the XJT and 8 servos plus 2 sbus module's for 8 more servos but it only recognice upto ch12 not sure why

I have done the telemetry mode's and they work fine with my DHT module.

So in theory you should get all 16 not sure why 12 only works for me and the sbus module's show all to comunicate

Per
backman8571

Post by backman8571 »

Mike

I am using the XJT with the 9XR and i can get 12 channels, not sure why not 16 with one X8R receiver and 2 sbus conerter's they are programmed to ch 9-12 and 13-16

When i pug them into my Taranis they work fine but not from the 9XR

I made a simple mix where i set the gear switch to +100 and -100 in the oposit position

I use that for ch 9-16 just for testing

The result is on the rasio monitor they do show as moving but the servos only move on ch 9-12

But on the Taranis all servos move from ch 9-16

Per
jhsa

Post by jhsa »

Per, you won't get more help by posting on every single thread in the forum. ;) :)
Joao

It will only get confusing for you and for the people trying to help you.. please keep your questions only in one place.

Joao

Sent from my GT-I9195 using Tapatalk
My er9x/Ersky9x/eepskye Video Tutorials
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL5uJhoD7sAKidZmkhMpYpp_qcuIqJXhb9

Donate to Er9x/Ersky9x:
https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_s-xclick&hosted_button_id=YHX43JR3J7XGW
kaos

Post by kaos »

I think most Sky9x board users have been replacing the RTC backup battery by opening up the Tx.
I have a 6 pin PS2 connector built for recharging the main battery so I don't need to open up the battery door and I have not opened my battery door for almost a yr that works great. Until lately my RTC backup battery ran out on my. I 'have to' open up the Tx to replace it. Every one knows the T9X Tx box screw and its hole is darn weak, just a few times of screwing and unscrewing it may be no good.
Yesterday while I opened up my Tx 'again' to replace the backup battery. Something dawned on me. How stupid I was, there is no need to put the back up battery holder inside the Tx and have to fix it with double sided tape or glue. Just run a pair of wires from the SKY9X V. B1 backup batter header through the side slot of the battery compartment and keep the RTC backup battery in the main battery compartment. No need to open up the Tx to replace RTC battery any more. :)
I run a 2S 2650 mah Tx battery which leaves ample room for the button battery holder in there. And I think the HK 1500 3S LiFe also have ample room for the RTC battery holder to go in.
I think this works pretty good, will force me to check the main battery pack every time I need to replace the RTC battery, about 9~12 months. ;)
Just to share this with any one has a SkY9X V B1 board and a T9X box. If you put the USB in that slot, just drill a hole for 2 wires to run through and use a servo connector to the board.
kaos

Post by kaos »

Oops! I think I made a mistake on installing the two way switch for 1 way/2way mode on the DHT. I was trying to bind a V-Rx found out it won't bind. It dawned on me I may have the one way/ two way wires mixed up. My understanding the 2 way position of the original 3way switch should be not connected while 1way or FW update should have two wires shorted. I may have the wires mixed up.
Can any one confirm in this pic which wires should be shorted for 1way rx? green+black or yellow+ black? I am using only a two way switch for 1/2way without the FWupdate position. I assume all I need is just use the other wire but like to get a confirmation before I opened up the Tx , AGAIN. ;)
DHT pic.jpg
edit: problem solved, yep just swap to the other wire and it is fine. 50% chance, and you always pick the wrong one. :mrgreen:

Return to “Electronic Mods”