Christmas is coming

Hardware Support for the 9XR
ShowMaster

Christmas is coming

Post by ShowMaster »

Same sticks. This RTC battery is in its holder but it's at the far right. The board has actual switches and hopefully they'll stay that way.
No telling what will survive the final design but Brent added every feature we all wanted in hopes they'll make it.this includes upgraded switches, and haptic.
Mikes added support for it in eepe, eepSkye , and to be honest it loads and programs hassle free.
For many it it could be much less problematic then flashing a Taranis.
Personally I've had success with all my er9x, sky9x, Taranis, and this board as far as FW updating with eepe, eepSkye, and C9X. However, setting up c9X to flash my Taranis has been the most challenging but that too works now.
If HK does make the board itself available, upgrading the stock 9XR is pretty easy and will make past 9XR owners able to enjoy the new features.
Adding the speaker and the USB/SD card access to a stock case is a little challenging but for most easy.
2014 looks like it'll be offering many new radios to own with so many features.

SkyNorth

Re: Christmas is coming

Post by SkyNorth »

There is a spare pin in the left / right side connectors. On one side a spare A/D is connected , this input is biased at 1/2 VCC , so it supports a direct connection to a 3 way switch . You could also hook up a multi position switch for flight mode selection ...
The connector on the other side , has a spare input , this could be combined with another switch input , to make a 3 way switch as well.
The software is not done for these but the hardware is ready....

No new sticks ... they are after a certain price point ... so sticking with the stock 9XR frame was the fastest and most cost effective
approach ...

The spare boards will come after they release the radio ....it could be months before they catch up with radio demand to have spares
available...

-Brent
ckleanth

Post by ckleanth »

thanks guys
If it has wings it will fly...
ShowMaster

Christmas is coming

Post by ShowMaster »

flybabo

Post by flybabo »

SkyNorth wrote:There is a spare pin in the left / right side connectors. On one side a spare A/D is connected , this input is biased at 1/2 VCC , so it supports a direct connection to a 3 way switch . You could also hook up a multi position switch for flight mode selection ...
The connector on the other side , has a spare input , this could be combined with another switch input , to make a 3 way switch as well.
The software is not done for these but the hardware is ready....

No new sticks ... they are after a certain price point ... so sticking with the stock 9XR frame was the fastest and most cost effective
approach ...

The spare boards will come after they release the radio ....it could be months before they catch up with radio demand to have spares
available...

-Brent
In 9XR board, two unconnected pins of left and right side connectors are fed to 4051 inputs.
I think that those are perfect for adding two sliders since I can get the Taranis sliders from aloft.
Does 9XR-pro board have any provision for the sliders?
I'm almost done on retrofitting 9XR board to an old ProLine transmitter and I may use 9XR-pro board for my next retrofitting project - ProLine single stick and Kraft 7C are waiting!
- HT

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

marhar

Post by marhar »

flybabo wrote: ProLine single stick and Kraft 7C are waiting!
- HT
I would love to see this, I love those old radios. No question they were serious units, with that square box shape. Not a penny wasted on frivolous design things!
kaos

Post by kaos »

Hmm, if you can retrofit a 9XR or 9XR-pro board to a proline or karaft 7C, may be we can retrofit the 9XR-pro to a T9X too. ;)
flybabo

Post by flybabo »

Retrofitting 9XR board to an old metal box transmitter is like restoring an antique car.
It's very, very labor intensive - I had to cut out left connector since 9XR board was too wide for the ProLine case.
There's no room for a large LCD display - I had to put a small OLED and modified er9x software to drive the LCD...
I'm almost done...stay tuned :)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
LTMNO

Post by LTMNO »

very cool.. great to have more options…. its getting crazy out there with more choices to make on radios they devices to fly with them. ;-) (well not really, but you know what I mean)
Custom 9x with M64/Telemetry Mod
MikeB
9x Developer

Post by MikeB »

I've wanted to use a NiMh battery in my 9XR (PRO!), but the battery bay is too small for the (standard) 8-cell batteries I use (Vapex LSD).
The Taranis 6-cell battery fits fine, just needs the connector sorting. I just got a couple of the 2000mAh LSD ones.

Mike.
erskyTx/er9x developer
The difficult we do immediately,
The impossible takes a little longer!
ShowMaster

Post by ShowMaster »

Good to know Mike. I removed the charge jack to mount the USB and sd card daughter board on the pro as I imagine you did? I didn't add any charge jack back so I'm going with a 1500ma life and charging it externally.
I do have 6 Eneloops without tabs I may decide to solder together for the next pro if it still has the same battery box.
I'm trying to find a dependable LSD brand of Nimh cells sold locally in the big box stores like Walmart or Fry's. So many brands and claims to try. So far the HK LSD have been ok in my Taranis so maybe I'll just absorb the shipping and order more.
rperkins

Post by rperkins »

Has this radio been released yet ?
Rob Thomson
Site Admin

Post by Rob Thomson »

Not yet

But I guess you new that already as it is not on the HK site :)

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk
Slope Soaring, FPV, and pretty much anything 'high tech'
...........if you think it should be in the wiki.. ask me for wiki access, then go add it!
Daedalus66

Post by Daedalus66 »

ShowMaster wrote: I'm trying to find a dependable LSD brand of Nimh cells sold locally in the big box stores like Walmart or Fry's. So many brands and claims to try. So far the HK LSD have been ok in my Taranis so maybe I'll just absorb the shipping and order more.
I've been using Rayovac from Walmart with good results for over a year in my 9x transmitters. At one point they called the LSD cells Hybrid, but I think they now call them Precharged.
jhsa

Post by jhsa »

I'm using 6 eneloops in one of my 9x's. Just don't let the voltage drop under 7,2V.
Been more than ok till now
I know I don't use the full capacity of the batts but I did this because i didn't want to take the LiFe batteries with me when traveling by plane. I still didn't put the LiFe back in the radio as I wanted to test the 6 cell pack. It takes a bit long to charge them but it is not a big problem. They hold very well.

João
My er9x/Ersky9x/eepskye Video Tutorials
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL5uJhoD7sAKidZmkhMpYpp_qcuIqJXhb9

Donate to Er9x/Ersky9x:
https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_s-xclick&hosted_button_id=YHX43JR3J7XGW
ShowMaster

Post by ShowMaster »

Good battery info guys, thanks.
On my way to Disneyland today to meet the family. So much for extra RC money.
Hasse.69

Post by Hasse.69 »

Any news about 9XR-PRO?
To support the forum:
https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_s-xclick&hosted_button_id=82QKZZN5ZC8JE
To support ER9X:
https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_s-xclick&hosted_button_id=YHX43JR3J7XGW
SkyNorth

Post by SkyNorth »

It showed up on HKs web site for a couple hours , then was removed...I would expect it yo yo on sale next week

But then again ...what do I know ...just look at the thread title
rperkins

Post by rperkins »

stock is getting low on the 9xr replacement parts. Could be getting close. Maybe they are ramping up production now to have in distributors by fall for Christmas sales. I wish you best of luck

http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/stor ... itter.html
http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/stor ... ode_2.html
http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/stor ... ode_1.html
http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/stor ... ode_1.html
http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/stor ... hrome.html
SkyNorth

Post by SkyNorth »

I have nothing to gain at this point , I have been paid for my work on the project.
rperkins

Post by rperkins »

Just got an email alert about the new radio. It is out @ $99.99

http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/stor ... dule_.html

Return to “Turnigy 9XR radio”