where are eepe preferences stored ?

How to use eePe
rperkins

where are eepe preferences stored ?

Post by rperkins »

Hello
been test driving eepe on Linux. I have installed an earlier .deb and installed from source
versions 339 and 297.

note I have not flashed the 9x from the default firmware yet. my USBASP is sorta flaky and I dont want to brick the 9x.

I want to erase my preferences file so be sure I am starting from scratch. Where is it stored ?
Eepe keeps track of which programmer I have configured and also seems to know if I have already downloaded a version of er9x, if the hexfile was downloaded from within eepe's environment. So I'm thinking it's storing the data somewhere.

When I read the firmware from the tx ( stock turnigy software ) even when it properly completes the read the avrdude info box just dissappears and eepe goes back to the main screen. Guess I am looking for a ' firmware properly copied to computer' or something like that.

on the 297 version, which is also what was in the .deb, I get this error
Object::connect: No such slot MainWindow::checkForUpdates()

when trying to read the eeprom I get a "error loading file /tmp/temp.hex". The file is there. This is probably because the eeprom format is the default turnigy format , not the er9x format ?

Basically I got a cheap USBASB programmer from ebay and sometimes it has issues. They are not caused by eepe, but the 297 seems to get the sig correct more often than the 339 version. I think my root issue is a long cable from the USBASP to the 9x board. It's just temporary. I also read that the USBASP may not be finishing up properly. Usually if I disconnect/reconnect the USBASP, or even stop eepe and restart it, the programmer will get the sig correct. It is on the second or third pass that the sig is not properly detected. Hey what do I expect for $4 :)

Code: Select all

avrdude: Device signature = 0x000102
avrdude: Expected signature for ATMEGA64 is 1E 96 02

thanks

rperkins

Re: where are eepe preferences stored ?

Post by rperkins »

Well I found out where the preferences are stored in linux. Since eepe is developed with QT, this link is applicable.
http://doc.qt.nokia.com/4.7-snapshot/qs ... ific-notes

I found the preference file here on my system.
/home/$USER/.config/er9x-eePe/eePe.conf

FYI , this is the data in the preference file. ( rev 297 )
[General]
lastDir=/home/rperkins
currentER9Xrev=666
maximized=true
modelEditTab=2
avrdude_location=/usr/bin/eepe/avrdude.exe
programmer=usbasp
mcu=m64
avr_port=
avr_arguments=
locale=
default_channel_order=0
default_mode=1
startup_check_er9x=true
startup_check_eepe=true
show_splash=true
download-version=0

thanks
rperkins
erazz
9x Developer

Post by erazz »

Well, eepe cannot read the turnigy EEPROM :)
That's why you get the "error loading file /tmp/temp.hex" error.

I think that if you shorten the programmer's wires to less than 6" you will see a maked difference in performance. Long programmer wires cause a lot of problems.

And yep, you beat me to it. That's where the settings are saved for the Linux version.
Z

BEWARE - WE ARE IN THE AIR!!!
What goes up... Should be controlled by a 9X!
rubenhak

Post by rubenhak »

Does the shortening of the wire fix the problem?
rperkins

Post by rperkins »

No
I believe the problem is the custom firmware put onto the usbasp. I bought mine off of ebay and it looks like it was manufactured by http://www.betemcu.cn/ AKA http://item.taobao.com/item.htm?id=10052532429. This comment http://jethomson.wordpress.com/2011/08/ ... mment-1081 speaks of the auto speed negotiation. Here is my comment about putting the stock usbasp firmware on the device. viewtopic.php?f=10&t=618#p8301

In limited testing it works better with the stock firmware. Since I am going to put the programmer in my 9x. I am not concerned about auto speed negotiation. The crystal in the 9x isnt changing.

It wasnt possible to backup the original modified firmware. the lock bit was set. I was able to completely erase and install the stock firmware though.

I had read elsewhere about people having problems with this auto speed negotiation firmware. Dont have the links handy.

hope this helps

Return to “eePe”