"Flip" button on Syma X1/WLToys v949

er9x is the best known firmware. It has a superb range of features and is well supported by the community. Well worth trying out.
Kilrah

Re: "Flip" button on Syma X1/WLToys v949

Post by Kilrah »

5% are fine, the value isn't critical.
Cam did the fix, my modified code has nothing to do with it, all it does is allow putting the module in a radio that has fixed JR channel order.

I've used the radio that came with a Spyhawk with an X4, so I'm pretty sure all Hubsan things do work with the same protocol.

kaos

Post by kaos »

great.

Glad to see proper credit are given to the people. ;)
NeoMatrixJR

Post by NeoMatrixJR »

Kilrah wrote: I quickly implemented Spektrum order when the jumper is fitted (read during boot, no effect later). That should likely be the most probable other order people might want. Diff is attached.
Pardon my possible stupid, but does this mean this module will also support DSM2/DSMX protocol? If so this sounds like just about the best TX module option available. Especially since your Ard Pro Mini + Tx board setup looks simple to build (looking at the image).

I have yet to figure out how to pull the diagram files to see how this ACTUALLY wires up, but if this can do DSM2 I may go for it as I'm looking at selling out my 949 for a nano Qx. I like it's size and stability for indoor flight. This module would be great to use on either though if it would work like that!

Also, just as a question, I'm trying to find the proper transmitter. I searched the A7105 and found this:
[tab=30]http://www.ebay.com/itm/AMIC-A7105-Wire ... 0953247359
but from the looks of it I take it it's not the same as this (approved in above post):
[tab=30]http://www.ebay.com/itm/A7105-500m-wire ... 4607bf6bda
What's the difference and are they interchangeable?
Kilrah

Re: Re : "Flip" button on Syma X1/WLToys v949

Post by Kilrah »

NeoMatrixJR wrote: Pardon my possible stupid, but does this mean this module will also support DSM2/DSMX protocol?
Not at all. It just means you can use it with a radio that has fixed TAER channel order.
DSM needs a different RF module and other code.

Regarding your link, looks like that module has no power amplifier, so short range.

Sent via mobile
kaos

Post by kaos »

I managed to scavenge a few 102 and 202 smd resistor from trash electronic boards. But I found out something not sure it is good. I checked them with ohmeter and every one of them show pretty close to 1K or 2K ohm. BUT, a couple of them after showing 2K or 1K ohm on the meter for a brief few second the meter shows infinite resistance. while all the others the correct ohm stayed on the screen. and this phenomenon shows before they were desoldered while still on the circuit board. I know these boards were functioning boards, just no use any more.
For those smds only shows the resistance briefly, does that mean the resistors are bad?

ReSt

Post by ReSt »

That looks like these resistors are capacitors

Do they have a brownish color compared to the black color of the other resistors ?

Reinhard
jhsa

Post by jhsa »

Yeah, resistors sometime have the bad habit of turning into capacitors, speccially on halloween.. ;)

Next year, get an old board, get up at about 3 in the mornin when it is still dark,sit with a flash light and point it to the board, and wait for the magic to happen. It can happen anytime between 3.15 and 6.30 ;) If nothing happens, keep tryin' every year as it is a very rare Phenomenon. Apparently you've missed it this year ;) :mrgreen:
My er9x/Ersky9x/eepskye Video Tutorials
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL5uJhoD7sAKidZmkhMpYpp_qcuIqJXhb9

Donate to Er9x/Ersky9x:
https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_s-xclick&hosted_button_id=YHX43JR3J7XGW
akkuschrauber

Post by akkuschrauber »

jhsa wrote:Yeah, resistors sometime have the bad habit of turning into capacitors, speccially on halloween.. ;)...
:mrgreen: :twisted: :D
Ironie: read [Wikipedia.de] http://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sarkasmus
kaos

Post by kaos »

well, these are black resistors and the circuit board is marked as Rxx correspondingly. The caps on the circuit board are all marked as Cxx and there is no marking numbers on them (at this size). They are brownish or blackish.
here is the pic. The big yellow ones are tantalum caps in the pic.
I checked before they are desoldered and it was like that before desoldering.
The question is if the ohmmeter shows like that, are they usable?
I certainly can test them if they turn into caps by hooking up with 1S lipo and some leds. but I doubt it is going to blow?
It would be strange the resistor can turn into caps while just sitting there without any current for a few yrs.
Attachments
131101-2.jpg
131101-1.jpg
kaos

Post by kaos »

problem solved. It is a stupid 'misunderstanding'.
I was using a basic ohmmeter. Have to set the range of tested ohm range. it has 20,200,2K, 20K...
I was setting at 2K. for those that blinked to infinite is because these resistors are +-5% quality. and some are 198x ohm some are 199x ohm and for those that get a infinite reading are like 2.05K. so on the 2K setting it is infinite. :oops: once set the scale to 20K, they all stay constant and just over 2K. :mrgreen:
jhsa

Post by jhsa »

So, are you telling me that resistors don't turn into capacitors?? :shock: :evil:
Or maybe you did something that reverted the process ;) :)

I think it might have something to do with the multimeter scale :mrgreen:

João
My er9x/Ersky9x/eepskye Video Tutorials
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL5uJhoD7sAKidZmkhMpYpp_qcuIqJXhb9

Donate to Er9x/Ersky9x:
https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_s-xclick&hosted_button_id=YHX43JR3J7XGW
kaos

Post by kaos »

OK, received my pro mini atmega 328 baords today. I think I have everything to put this together. A few questions before I put them together.
1. My FTDI pin out seems matching the pro mini very well, all I need to do is slide these 6 pins into the holes of pro mini and able to flash the pro mini. all the other pins I have checked, seems match very well except one on the FTDI CTS pin is connected to a GND hole on pro mini. should I disable (insulate) this pin from contacting the GND hole on the pro mini or I can just leave it like that?
FTDI.JPG
Atmega pro mini.JPG
FTDI ---- Pro mini

GND ---- GND
CTS ----- GND
VCC ---- VCC
TX ---- RX
RX ------ TX
DTR --- GRN

2. I have downloaded the whole SVN files from wiki link. I did find the 'ppm2spi.hex' file which is supposedly the program to flash to pro mini. But I don't seem to be able to load this hex file to my Arduino 1.0.2. I need an ino file to flash it. Where can I get the ino file or how to flash a hex file using the Arduino program I use?
3. just for clarification. I pretty much read Kilrah's design of circuits to set this thing up. just a couple details need to clarify.
here is my 'HAD' circuit drawing :mrgreen: off Kilrah's set up. see if Kilrah or any one can double check if it is correct. especially where the highlighted circle area with dashed lines between 13 and A1 on pro mini. I don't know that is just sitting on top the pro mini board or I need to scratch the tract and solder to the tract on board.
correction.  the drawing on pro mini A1 should be A3.
correction. the drawing on pro mini A1 should be A3.
thx for any help.

edit: I did find a 'XLoader' - http://xloader.russemotto.com/
which can upload a compiled arduino hex file. However, in the program, the devices supported only has 'Uno (Atmega 328)' or 'Duemilanove/Nano (Atmega328)'. I wonder if I can use either one as device and load the hex file?

edit2: looks like this program can load the hex directly into pro mini fairly simple: http://arduinodev.com/arduino-builder-tutorial/
any thoughts
kaos

Post by kaos »

well I went ahead soldered the resistors and 3.3 Vreg and some wires and ready to be place together with A7105. Just waiting the 2.0mm header to arrive to finish it up. So I can't test it yet.
But I did try to load the hex file with the Arduinobuilder posted above, it went through the process and had a response of 'successful burning'. Looks like this program does work. and it can be used to load either ino or hex file. actually it can convert ino to hex file too. If it really did the job, it is a pretty handy and easy to use program for arduino stuff.

To verify every thing is as expected, I am waiting Kilrah to verify the circuit drawing I posted above to put every thing as final product.

Kilrah: HELP! ;) (I think he is stuck with the Latino girls again :lol: )
kaos

Post by kaos »

Looks like Kilrah is still stuck with Latinos. :lol: so I digged into the schematics and got my brain noodled up again. After a little searching, looks like my drawing is pretty much correct. I did find out some where on the Pro mini, Kilrah found a ground tract near 2K resistor and soldered on it (that was my question previously). But mine is already covered by other components, so I just route a wire to a GND on the pro mini. Between those two 2K resistors, there needs a ground wire. Now the hook up is like this for non-Nerdish people to read easier ;) :
the ground can be any of the gnd like those red dots. and the red wire is where I put my gnd wire to.  I am not sure which track is gnd in that area when looking  at the pro mini board. The purple dot area is where Kilrah found a gnd tract on the pro mini board and soldered the 2K resistor directly to the board, I think.
the ground can be any of the gnd like those red dots. and the red wire is where I put my gnd wire to. I am not sure which track is gnd in that area when looking at the pro mini board. The purple dot area is where Kilrah found a gnd tract on the pro mini board and soldered the 2K resistor directly to the board, I think.
I also found from the schematics, I need to put a momentary switch from A5 to GND to serve as 'bind button' for Flysky and Flysky mod models which my v959 needs.
As for the LED indicators, I think I will leave it for now, don't have the components at hand. but they are from pro mini 2,3,4,5 pin out.

Here is the question. How to invoke a flip with this set up? I did not see that part in the SVN files. My v959 use a flip button, once pressed when the cyclic stick moves beyond ~50% to any direction, it will flip. (In contrary to what manual says you need to hold the flip button, but you don't need to, just press flip button once then move the stick, it will flip. Actually if you don't flip right away, next time you move your stick > ~50%, it will flip by surprise.

next question is in the schematic there is provision that a jumper wire needs to be added from A4 to gnd to change ch sequence from Futaba (AETR) to Spectrum(TAER). Kilrah seems to add the programing in for the Spectrum sequence. Did you add the jumper in too?
I use AETR any way. Just wonder after the code is put in there, whether that jumper is going to affect anything? or the program is working in conjunction with the jumper?

I am waiting for the 2mm header and JR tx module box to come in to put every thing together as a module. ;)

One more question. I should be able to reprogram the pro mini with a FTDI without removing the A7105 from the pro mini without issue as long as the A7105 is not powered on?
I am going to put a 6 pin header on the module box, so it is easy to reflash the program to pro mini in the future.
kaos

Post by kaos »

While waiting for the module box and connector. I decided to test this thing 1st. All circuitry seems to be OK. all resistance, short, continuity tested and correct. A7105 is getting proper voltage and I have reflashed the pro mini several times. Each reflash the AVRdue finished successfully without any glcitches.
BUT, no cigar. My v959 won't bind with this thing.
I set ch8 at -56 for 'Flysky mod' mode. (actually I tried Flysky mode and hubsan mode with setting given in the guide too) push the bind button (A5 to gnd) while powering on and let go, but no binding. Actually, the v959 was still bound to the originally bond Flysky module.
It appears it never send out a bind signal. The V959 is not getting it. I don't have the leds yet, but I checked the D2,3,4,5 voltage, none of them shows any voltage at all which means there won't be any led lit if they are attached.
Now I am lost. Any idea? suggestions?
Hippo

Post by Hippo »

No answers I'm afraid, but I'm watching this as i have plenty of resistors and arduino, but no crystals etc. This seems like a very simple and cheap way of putting this all together.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk
kaos

Post by kaos »

It is a simple way. that is why I go ahead and start working on it without waiting for the board. ;) IF we can get it to work. ;)

edit:
just got my module box in the mail. ;) at one time people were looking for these boxes without spending a lot. I could not find that thread any more. Here is where I get them (got 4 of them. one for this project, one for my HT8 module for V922, two for future modules ;) ). Very fast shipping in the US. it is genuine JR module box in original JR package, fits perfectly in T9X. Any one is interested may take a look.
http://www.advantagehobby.com/45067/JRPA615/
Macadamia

Post by Macadamia »

Hi,

I have a problem : How can I download the last version of firmware ? I use r52 and this file is 81.4kb, but when I try to download last hex (r116) this file is only 15.3kb. Is it normal ?
Does anybody can post last hex, please ?

Thank you in advance.
Macadamia
kaos

Post by kaos »

here is a r139 hex, just downloaded today. change .txt to .hex after download. only 16K.
Attachments
ppm2spi.txt
(15.24 KiB) Downloaded 319 times
kaos

Post by kaos »

I just tried r139. Still no binding to my v959. :(

Kilrah: when the module is working, the green led on pro mini is supposed to blink or not? My green led only blink one time when power on then it is always off.
The whole thing is like not sending any signal/binding signal out at all. the module is getting warm so it is getting correct power.
Kilrah

Post by Kilrah »

No idea, my module is wrapped up in tape inside my module box xo can't see easily.
kaos

Post by kaos »

any way I can check if the pro mini is sending out signal at all. I know the D2-5 does not have any voltage out put to supply the leds as schematic shows.
don't know the pro mini is misbehaving or the module is misbehaving.
Mitch781

Post by Mitch781 »

Hello,
Me again, I don't know if it can help but I was amazed to make flips like with button on my new v949 and my 9x without doing any mod on it.

I just tried it with my setting of the v959 that are 120% of in all directions on right sitck .... and it makes flips like flip buttons in all directions when i move more than 100% so it was a great fun making flips all time with no effort as i never made one with my v959 !

Maybe I can give my complete setting if someone want to try it.
kaos

Post by kaos »

I certainly like to take a look/try. I had tried on my v959 with extended limit to the max, but no flip. :( Since yours does, I wonder when I tried I actually did not hit 100% or the newer v959 is a little different from what I have.

If you can make it flip at >100%, you may want to try program a switch when AIL > 50% while TRN on, it will flip (out put 100%), at the same time lock the Eil to 0, it will fip a lot easier by holding the TRN to do flips (no need for large stick movement). that will also lock the flip at the x,Y axis perfectly. I did that on my Q-bot micro.
hmm, I may put that on the v959 to see it will flip. that program will ensure >100% output.
Mitch781

Post by Mitch781 »

I red more things about it on french forum, it seems I have a former revision of software close to v929 that makes automatic flip at 100% of stick mouvement and the button was used for lights.

rev01/02 with white dash = avanced v929 software = the one I have, makes automatic flips at 100% of stick and switch commands lights (I can't use it on 9X--> I'll short the fet)

rev 02 with label A = 949 software which correct accidental flips --> button is used to go threw 3D mode that allow flips at 100% of stick and switch light command is lost (leds are always on)

so if you want to have flips on v949 with no mod of 9X :
- if you are lucky you will receive first old revision of board
or
- buy a v929 board and power led from battery but I can not confirm it is easy
Adoa

Post by Adoa »

Sorry I have been busy for a long time, only just seen this again. If possible please forget my request for a board, I don't have the hubsan anymore. So I don't have any need for the board. Sorry for the trouble. If you have already paid out for the one I asked for, let me know and I will reimburse you for it, if not just strike my name from the list. Thanks a lot.

Sent from my A500 using Tapatalk HD
kaos

Post by kaos »

Mitch781:
Are you talking about V949 or 959? I only have V959. My understanding the V959 Tx can be used for V949 as well just with more function, ie light, camera ... switches. Did you mentioned that you have successfully using T9X and are able to flip V959 with T9X using extended limit?
Mitch781

Post by Mitch781 »

Hello kaos,
I could do automatic flips only on the v949 only because i received rev 01 with dash (it is like v929 firmware).
On others you need the button to go to 3d so it is not possible with standard 9x.

Only thing you can do with v959 and 9x if you want flips is to by a v929 board and mount it (but i did not test it) or "emulate button" with custom tx module but it is big work.
kaos

Post by kaos »

Ok, now I got it. yes, v929,949 can be flipped with T9x. That is why I am pursuing this project, cause v959 just won't flip with stock T9x.

but it is still odd to me, you can use v959 Tx to flip v959,949,929 all 3 of them. while the the other way, using T9x can only flip v929,949, not v959. :?
Macadamia

Post by Macadamia »

Hi everybody,

I have a problem.
I was use my module with release r52. And it works.
But, I wanted to try last release and nothing works (no led, no transmission...).

I'm not a specialist in AVR programming. But I would like to understand.
My module is based on Arduino pro mini 16Mhz (chip Atmega 328p)

To program release r52 I use this script :

Code: Select all

avrdude -c usbasp -p m328p -U flash:w:ppm2spi_r52.hex:i
avrdude -c usbasp -p m328p -U lfuse:w:0xFF:m -U hfuse:w:0xDA:m -U efuse:w:0x05:m
To program last release I use configuration indicated in tutorial :
Next set the fuses. Enter 0xFF for the EXTENDED fuse, 0xD1 for the HIGH fuse, and 0xCE for the LOW fuse, then click "Program"
So :

Code: Select all

avrdude -c usbasp -p m328p -U flash:w:ppm2spi_last.hex:i
avrdude -c usbasp -p m328p -U lfuse:w:0xCE:m -U hfuse:w:0xD1:m -U efuse:w:0xFF:m
May be fuse codes are wrong... Who use arvdude to program module ?

Thank you in advance for any information.

Return to “er9x”