Reading SD Card

Hardware help and support for the FrSky Taranis
NI0X

Reading SD Card

Post by NI0X »

Hey, I finally got my Taranis today, it's awesome :)
I managed to get it work with companion9x and uploaded the newest Firmware Version.
But uploading the models doesn't work.
And I wonder if there is a way of putting files onto the sd Card withut removing it from the Transmitter?

MikeB
9x Developer

Re: Reading SD Card

Post by MikeB »

Switch on the Taranis first, wait a few seconds, then plug in the USB cable. The SD card will now appear as a mass storage device (disk drive) and you can copy to/from it.
You also get the model memory appearing as another disk drive, and companion will now upload/download models using this.

Mike.
erskyTx/er9x developer
The difficult we do immediately,
The impossible takes a little longer!
NI0X

Post by NI0X »

Thanks for this info.
Now it's even more awesome :D
crash55

Post by crash55 »

Recently acquired the Taranis and in playing with it I have deleted everything on the SD card. Yes you can reformat it from the transmitter. Clever me is not impressed as I lost the pictures and all the sounds etc. I tried the download from the FRSKY website but it will not unzip, so can anyone supply me with the contents of the SD card please

:-)

Cheers

Chris

BTW my email is [email protected]
Tomkfly

Post by Tomkfly »

crash55 wrote:Recently acquired the Taranis and in playing with it I have deleted everything on the SD card. Yes you can reformat it from the transmitter. Clever me is not impressed as I lost the pictures and all the sounds etc. I tried the download from the FRSKY website but it will not unzip, so can anyone supply me with the contents of the SD card please

:-)

Cheers

Chris

BTW my email is [email protected]
I did the same, but I had backed them up. I believe the next version of firmware will have an " are you sure" pop up.
I have just downloaded the TF CARD files from Fr'Sky and had no problem unzipping them. I tried to Email them to you, but when I try to attach them, they want to compress again.
I will try again later,using a different computer, but they are large files when uncompressed. I may have to split them up into individual files and email them individually.

Tom

crash55

Post by crash55 »

Thanks for your help Tom. do not know why I cannot get the compressed file to unzip. On teh Mac it fails to open and on my PC it will not either. Very strange using several unzip programs but not luck so far. I have managed to get teh bit maps onto the SD card and some sounds, but the transmitter doesnt seem to know where to find them. I am obviously saving them incorrectly? So far I do have them in folders so I am stll stumpted :-)

Thanks anyway :D
crash55

Post by crash55 »

Many thanks Tom, I appreciate the assistance. I have not had any luck trying to open the Zipped FRSky File for the SD card and I do not know why. Tried on my Mac and PC. I put a few sound files onto the SD card and also set up Models, Sounds and similar in folders but the TX will not see them? I must be doing something wrong with how I set them up in the SD card as well I would think.

Ok keep on playing :-)
Tomkfly

Post by Tomkfly »

Chris, I think I may have discovered why you can't extract the files. I went to my PC to try and Email you the files. I downloaded the file from Fr'Sky and it downloaded with the name " COPY" with no file extension, so wasn't recognised. I renamed the file to "COPY.zip" and then I was able to extract the files ( Right click and select Exstact al files ).
If that doesn't work let me know and I will try to email them.

Tom
Tomkfly

Post by Tomkfly »

Chris, I originally downloaded on my iPad. I have an ap on it called iZip, when the file completed the download, it asked if I wanted to open it in iZip, which I did and then used iZip to unzip the files. However, when I tried to send them by email, it insisted on rezipping the files. There may be a version of iZip for the Mac. The basic version is free.
Just googled it:- http://www.izip.com/
Might be worth giving it a try.

Tom
crash55

Post by crash55 »

Will give it a try Tom, My problem seems to be that I only get about 100meg and then it stops. Thus the files are not complete.

I wil try what you suggest :-)
Tomkfly

Post by Tomkfly »

I think the full download is 227meg. If you don't get the full download it is never going to work. The download limit could be your ISP has a max file size. I take it the file you are downloading is " TF CARD".
I have to go out now, but when I get home I will start sending you the individual files, one at a time.

Tom
crash55

Post by crash55 »

That could be it Tom, I think you nailed it as to why I am having no luck.
Tomkfly

Post by Tomkfly »

I have tried to send the files a folder at a time, but when I try to attach a folder it opens. I can send a folder's content, but you would have to set up the folder and copy the files to it. I will start sending the files tomorrow morning (UK time)

Tom
crash55

Post by crash55 »

Ok everyone and Tom :-) Romolo has saved me from two days of pulling my hair out. I am up and running again. And now a little more educated and a little more versed in the Taranis operations. So a big thank you to all that helped.

Best wishes

Chris
Tomkfly

Post by Tomkfly »

Great news, glad you have it sorted.

Tom
Romolo
9x Developer

Post by Romolo »

Happy to have been helpful.