Taranis and bgmusic won't work

Help with any software/desktop related issues. e.g. companion9x, eePe, etc
Spoogy

Taranis and bgmusic won't work

Post by Spoogy »

Hi,

I have been trying to put some music to my Taranis SD card for background playing without success. I watched the Scott Page's YouTube video how to do that and read the comments about the PCM changes on newer OpenTX FirmWare (I'm using the newest at the moment 27xx something. Can't remember). I'm familiar with Audacity for couple years already and have been doing different kind of audio edition with computer atleast 15 years already, so it isn't new to me. :)

Okay, what I have been trying:

- First created a new model then set a custom function to switch SB- to set VOLUME from S1 and activated it. That is working.

- Then I set second CF to same switch SB- to play BGMUSIC and chose a file from SD-card (default battery low alarm). That is working, playing it repeatedly. :)

- Then I have multiple different kind of tries to make new sounds, but no joy.

1. Opened MP3 to Audacity. It was 44100 stereo with 32 float sample format. I converted it to Mono (as Scotts video) and exported as WAv (Microsoft) Signed 16 bit PCM. No joy

2. Opened same MP3 again to Audacity, converted it to mono and resampled to 32KHz. Exported same as on 1st phase. No joy.

3. Then I converted to mono, changed sample to 16 bit PCM, exported as other uncompressed format and 16 bit PCM. No joy.

4. Again converted mono, changed 16 bit PCM, re-sampled to 32KHz, exported couple different formats (U-law, 16 bit PCM and maybe some other. Cant' remember all anymore). No joy.

5. There was multiple tries with different kind of settings and all was no joy.

Then I got frustrated and opened one of the existing sound files from SD-card to Audacity. Checked that it's mono 32KHz and 32 bit float. Exported that (with different name) to SD-card as WAV (MS) Signed 16bit PCM and it was working flawlessly. Tried once again to do that for MP3 file with exact same settings as that existing wav, but no go.

What the heck I'm missing here!?
Last edited by Spoogy on Tue Sep 10, 2013 11:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
What goes up, must come down. -Isaac Newton
OpenTX - expanding possibilities

Spoogy

Re: Taranis and bgmusic won't work

Post by Spoogy »

Got it now! :)

There's project rate setting at bottom left corner of Audacity GUI (red circle on screenshot below) and that effects when you export the file. No matter what is the sample rate for the track itself (as circled with red also in screenshot).

Setting that to 32KHz magic happened and audio begun to play with my Taranis. ;)

Leave this here to as information for others.

edit: watched the Scotts youtube video again. With those settings as told there it's not going to work.
Attachments
As one can see from bottom right corner, Actual rate is 44100Hz even that the sample rate is 32KHz
As one can see from bottom right corner, Actual rate is 44100Hz even that the sample rate is 32KHz
What goes up, must come down. -Isaac Newton
OpenTX - expanding possibilities

Return to “Software”