I may have found another bug

General Help and support for the Taranis Radio.
HarryC

I may have found another bug

Post by HarryC »

I am using Taranis re-flashed to pure OpenTx.
I find this behaviour in menu 4 sticks, on aileron but it might apply to ele rud and thr too, I have not tried them.
I am setting dual rates.
I set an expo and a switch in aileron.
Come out of aileron to menu 4.
Long press ENT and same happens whether I choose Insert after or whether in menu 4 I highlight Ail and press - to copy it down.
Go to edit the new aileron line, and it shows the expo curve already set in the line above. I can change the expo number but the curve remains locked in the shape of the other rate line, the curve does not change to reflect the changing number value. I am not sure if changing the number value is actually changing the servo output too.

Kilrah

Re: I may have found another bug

Post by Kilrah »

The graph represents the currently active rate, which is not necesarily the one you are editing. You need to put your switches so that the one you edit is active if you want to see the edits reflected on the graph in real time.
HarryC

Post by HarryC »

Ah got it, thanks Kilrah.
It's a bit confusing, i see the reverse holds true, if I go to the high rate with expo line but the switch is in the low rate with no expo position, the graph shows the curce for the low rate no expo switch position and not the curve of the line I am editing. Would you consider a change in the firmware so that the curve shows the line you are editiing and not the line relevant to the switch position?
Kilrah

Post by Kilrah »

I don't think so, as the goal is to be able to easily compare the different settings by flicking the switch and looking at the graphs to make sure you've got everything right.
Just remember to flip the switch to the relevant setting :)
Daedalus66

Post by Daedalus66 »

I found this confusing at first but came to appreciate it once I understood. I now like it the way it is.

Return to “General help (FrSky Taranis radio)”