i want to replace a pod so i can use and slider instead

General mods that are considered worth doing; regardless of the end firmware you use.
jaas75

i want to replace a pod so i can use and slider instead

Post by jaas75 »

hi guys, a few months ago i sold my optic 6 so i can fund my 2nd er9x transmitter with dsm support, i love it :D .
But now im kinda missing my slider on the sides of the optic 6 for flaps, airbrakes, etc.

So my question is where can i get a slider for my t9x and how to wire it from one of the pods available??

thxs in advance for the possible ideas that you might throw

jose

GrootWitbaas

Re: i want to replace a pod so i can use and slider instead

Post by GrootWitbaas »

Finding the slider will be work for you ....you need to decide where you want it and then get something to fit in this space ...for the wiring, that is easy, take the 3 wires from the pot and place them on the slider. I can't remember what the value of the pot's are, but I think it is 5k, so get a slider with 5k. Only thing to remember is the center wire must go to the center. the other two can go either side, it should not matter. Take a meter and measure the pot, then have a look at a local electronic store for a slider that can fit somewhere.
General trouble maker and wannabee Dev
C.João

Post by C.João »

if it get reversed, just flip the "top" and "bottom" wires. the value of the pot/slider does not really matter. 2.5 to 10k should work perfectly.

remember to calibrate :D
ovisopa

Post by ovisopa »

Did you manage to find a small enough slider ?

I'm also interested to add another POT/SLIDER somewhere on the left or right side of my 9x, so I can easier change the pitch of my gimbal.

The sliders I found localy are so big, I think something like this one will be great , it's travel is 20mm http://eu.mouser.com/Search/ProductDeta ... SuPA%3d%3d

Return to “Electronic Mods”