binding 1 model and lose another

er9x is the best known firmware. It has a superb range of features and is well supported by the community. Well worth trying out.
heman37

binding 1 model and lose another

Post by heman37 »

hi all

I am using a turnigy 9x with er9x version 781 and all is good till now . I have been using the hobbyking orange rx receivers and have 8 models bound to the transmitter. I bought a parkzone Radian Pro glider yesterday and it came with a spectrum receiver ,it will bind but I lose the last model bound to the radio, when I rebind to the previous then I loose bind to the other rx. have had no problems till now. the module in the 9x is the orange rx 2.4 module. have tried changing model slots on radio,

Kilrah

Re: binding 1 model and lose another

Post by Kilrah »

You are not losing binding, but your Radian probably has a DSMX reciever while your Orange ones are DSM2.
So when you bind the DSMX receiver, the module switches to DSMX mode, and won't work with the other ones until (manually) switched back to DSM2 mode. Check the module's manual to see how to change mode.
heman37

Post by heman37 »

I am in the same bind mode for the orange rx's as I am the radian, I can have 1 working but as soon as I bind to the one I loose the other, or does the orange dsm2 module switch automatically?
Kilrah

Post by Kilrah »

It switches automatically when binding, that's the point. You can see it by the different LED flashes (again, see manual).
dvogonen

Re: Sv: binding 1 model and lose another

Post by dvogonen »

There are 4 different DSM2/DSMX modes and the OrangeRX transmitter supports all of them. Original Spektrum transmitters keep track of which mode to use for each model, but that is not possible in a radio like the 9x since there is no possibility to convey the mode information between the radio and the transmitter module.
You circle the OrangeRX module through the protocols by pressing the protruding button on the back three times in quick succession. This is a bit awkward, but it works. I much prefer the dip switches FrSky uses on their module for protocol mode selection.

heman37

Post by heman37 »

ok got it solved thanks guys, I didn't know that it auto switches when binding and went to whatever the receiver was , that is what happened. the ar600 is dsmx11ms and the orange rx's are dsm2 , thanks again for all the help , I thought for sure I was gonna have to reflash.

Return to “er9x”