openTx-r2215

openTx has introduced a range of new features, ideas and bling. It is fast becoming the firmware of choice for many users. openTx will run on ALL current hardware platforms, including the gruvin9x and sky9x boards. Work has already started to support the new FrSky X9D radio!
bertrand35
9x Developer

openTx-r2215

Post by bertrand35 »

Here is the changelog:

[all]
- New option AUTOSOURCE to automatically select the stick / pot / switch which is moved when editing a Mix source

[stock]
- All prompts renumbered to have the "custom" prompts starting at 0 and to be able to use PlayTrack(GVAR) with Adjust(GVAR) to play tracks sequences

[gruvin9x]
- Possibility to have both BEEPER and SPEAKER enable in the same time

[sky9x]
- Fixed a bug with audio stopped until next reboot in BackgroundMusic with no track selected
- Imperial is now an option selectable in the menus
- New menu in Main Views / Telemetry Views
- Vario sounds improved!
- SD Folders renamed. "9XSOUNDS" becomes "SOUNDS", don't forget to update your cards!

[FrSky Taranis]
- Too many things to list them all!

---

Previous announcement: open9x-r2152

Bertrand.

Rob Thomson
Site Admin

Re: openTx-r2215

Post by Rob Thomson »

Good work!

No idea how you are finding the time :-)

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2
Slope Soaring, FPV, and pretty much anything 'high tech'
...........if you think it should be in the wiki.. ask me for wiki access, then go add it!
utrinque

Post by utrinque »

I have stock TGY 9X. Beeper is not working with this version of OpenTX. Previously I was using Open9X and ER9X and beeper was working. Please help.
utrinque

Post by utrinque »

OK I have checked sound option before flashing and beeper works now.
utrinque

Post by utrinque »

6 flights today with my 700 class heli. I just trust OpenTX ; )

This custom firmware is exceptional. I love it.

kone

Post by kone »

I like the AUTOSOURCE feature. makes Tx-setup much more intuitive and easy.

thanks a lot for that!
paulsea

Post by paulsea »

Thanks a million for the excellent work on openTx.
Need some advice regarding INSTANT TRIM
Selected trainer switch to activate instant trim and later also tried gear switch with no luck.
With er9x works without a problem.
What am i missing?
Kilrah

Post by Kilrah »

Did it do something "wrong", or didn't do anything at all?
Last I tried it worked fine. Note that it does NOT work the same way than on er9x. On er9x stick positions are copied to Offsets on the limits page, while on openTx they only correct trim positions.
Rob Thomson
Site Admin

Post by Rob Thomson »

Yes.. To store the change permanently, you need to copy trims to offsets.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2
Slope Soaring, FPV, and pretty much anything 'high tech'
...........if you think it should be in the wiki.. ask me for wiki access, then go add it!
acefx

Post by acefx »

Hi !
A little bug noticed.
On Sky9x Hardware, the TX doesn't detect sounds stored on the SD card anymore,
I had many sound in the [9xSOUNDS] folder, i can read it on the parameter menu n#2
but on the [Fonction spec] when i try to select a sound from SD i got an [Aucun son sur SD]
My Realease is
"opentx-sky9x-templates-autosource-autoswitch-dblkeys-battgraph-ttsfr-fr-r2249"

PS: i tried to move sound file in root folder, doesn't seems to soluce the problem
RePS: Tried to create a new model ....same case. :(
Kilrah

Post by Kilrah »

http://code.google.com/p/opentx/wiki/Op ... 5_Avr_2013
Dossiers de la carte SD renommés, "9XSOUNDS" devient "SOUNDS" etc, attention à bien renommer vos dossiers!
:)
acefx

Post by acefx »

Arrggg !!!! Sorry, i didn't pay attention to the Google code ! :-( ( en francais en plus !!! )
Thanks a lot !
RightRudder

Post by RightRudder »

Strange thing I notice on recent (r2168 to r2281) versions is that when I am using a mix which has as the WEIGHT term a global variable then when I read the eeprom into C9x the weight field does not show GV1 or GV2 but rather it shows -512% or -511% etc on the mixer tab in C9x.

Also I would like a feature request! I am getting old it seems :oops: and I need to make notes to remind myself when I did complex things, how, why etc. I think it would be really useful in C9x to have a notes tab or a notes section in the tabs where we can build complicated functions, custom switches and mixes etc. Perhaps C9x could carry this extra data appended to the eeprom file in such a way that someone else could load the file and see my notes but the data would not get burned to the tx so no memory is used unnecessarily. I think this could be a great feature for sharing model setups in the community and helping newbies to catch the idea of programing the open tx.

Joe
jhsa

Post by jhsa »

Yep, that is a good feature.. eepe already does it..

João
My er9x/Ersky9x/eepskye Video Tutorials
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL5uJhoD7sAKidZmkhMpYpp_qcuIqJXhb9

Donate to Er9x/Ersky9x:
https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_s-xclick&hosted_button_id=YHX43JR3J7XGW
RightRudder

Post by RightRudder »

Oh I forgot to mention also:

I have a custom function setup to play the altitude value on the speaker whenever it changes by an amount greater than the chosen value. When I imported the eeprom file into C9x instead of showing play 'alt' it was changed to play 'PPM6'

Also forgot to tell: I am using a sky ver.3 board.
Ozzy

Post by Ozzy »

Been awhile since I flashed many 9x with er9x, now that openTx is out, should I use the latest C9x to flash or eepe? TIA
Scott Page

Post by Scott Page »

Ozzy wrote:Been awhile since I flashed many 9x with er9x, now that openTx is out, should I use the latest C9x to flash or eepe? TIA
Use EEPE for er9x and C9x for OpenTX.
Ozzy

Post by Ozzy »

Scott Page wrote:
Ozzy wrote:Been awhile since I flashed many 9x with er9x, now that openTx is out, should I use the latest C9x to flash or eepe? TIA
Use EEPE for er9x and C9x for OpenTX.
Thanks Scott, I have flashed to openTx (2281) on a new Turnigy 9x, after the usual eprom formatting, stick and battery calibration, I started to setup my defaults for alarms, timers and stuff, I then noticed there was no pot-scroll (unless I missed it) and the throttle graph. Has these been removed from openTx? I sure will miss them if so.
MikeB
9x Developer

Post by MikeB »

With openTx, you have to choose the things you want in the preferences screen of C9x. If you didn't tick potScroll and thtrace you won't have them. On the stock board not all options fit at the same time.

With er9x, I'm trying to avoid having compile time options like these.

Mike.
erskyTx/er9x developer
The difficult we do immediately,
The impossible takes a little longer!
Ozzy

Post by Ozzy »

MikeB wrote:With openTx, you have to choose the things you want in the preferences screen of C9x. If you didn't tick potScroll and thtrace you won't have them. On the stock board not all options fit at the same time.

With er9x, I'm trying to avoid having compile time options like these.

Mike.
Excellent! Thanks!
Scott Page

Post by Scott Page »

bertrand35 wrote:Here is the changelog:

[all]
- New option AUTOSOURCE to automatically select the stick / pot / switch which is moved when editing a Mix source

[stock]
- All prompts renumbered to have the "custom" prompts starting at 0 and to be able to use PlayTrack(GVAR) with Adjust(GVAR) to play tracks sequences

[gruvin9x]

[sky9x]
- Fixed a bug with audio stopped until next reboot in BackgroundMusic with no track selected
- Imperial is now an option selectable in the menus
- New menu in Main Views / Telemetry Views
- Vario sounds improved!
- SD Folders renamed. "9XSOUNDS" becomes "SOUNDS", don't forget to update your cards!

[FrSky Taranis]
- Too many things to list them all!

---

Previous announcement: open9x-r2152

Bertrand.

I was searching for information on a "new" custom function that I found "Play Both".

When you say " Possibility to have both BEEPER and SPEAKER enable in the same time" -- this is the "Play both" option I assume. Would the previous absence of this function (previously) be why my sounds would cut out and cease playing for no apparent reason? I could never get a fix on why it happened so I never reported it as a bug.
jhsa

Post by jhsa »

no, the play both function plays 2 consecutive files when turning a switch on and off.

Donate to Er9x/Ersky9x:
https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_s-xclick&hosted_button_id=YHX43JR3J7XGW
Scott Page

Post by Scott Page »

jhsa wrote:no, the play both function plays 2 consecutive files when turning a switch on and off.
Thanks. I don't think it's applicable for the Taranis or the sky9x after looking at the firmware simulators. It shows up as an option in C9x , but not in the firmware for either of those platforms.
jhsa

Post by jhsa »

strange. That was one of the features added recently that made voice support in opentx much better.

Donate to Er9x/Ersky9x:
bertrand35
9x Developer

Post by bertrand35 »

Right, then "Play Both" function has not been added to Sky9X / Taranis, because on these boards we use filenames, not just numbers. So it means a lot more EEPROM / RAM used.

I am thinking to another function which plays a track number. "PlayFile" would play a file, "PlayTrack" would play a track number, "PlayBoth" would play 2 track numbers. This way, it will be possible to "PlayTrack" a GVAR as on stock board. I will do it after Taranis release.
rdeanchurch

Post by rdeanchurch »

I tried it in erSKY and it works fine there. But I was wondering how it would relate to a 3 position switch? Play all three?
Dean
OldDmbThms: 1. Takeoff, 2. Crash, 3. Repair, GOTO 1
bertrand35
9x Developer

Post by bertrand35 »

I would use a GVAR in this case.
Scott Page

Post by Scott Page »

Speaking of sounds -- I put another video online today on OpenTx for the Taranis crowd. This one was about using sounds. http://youtu.be/ARBrw3n6CWI
RightRudder

Post by RightRudder »

Anybody else out there with a sky ver. 3 board notice the trouble I am having going between the transmitter and C9x? If I create a mix using the interface on the radio and then read the eeprom into C9x some of the variables are corrupted in the transfer. I have attached a sample .bin file as an example. The first model GVAR_TST was created using C9x. When it is burned to the tx and read back the values look ok. The second model MODEL02 was created very quickly on the tx. The weight for the mix on CH1 is GVAR1 annd the weight on CH2 is GVAR2 etc. But when read into C9x the weights become like -512%, -511%, etc. I am running opentx r2281

Joe

Oh darn the dot bin file extension is not allowed! I have changed it to allow the upload.
GVAR testsdotbinary.txt
(512 KiB) Downloaded 188 times
Scott Page

Post by Scott Page »

I've noticed that incredibly high rates have suddenly become available... like 500%. I'm not really sure what's up with that. I've not seen exactly what you're describing, but I guess I need to try to replicate it.

Return to “openTx”