Flysky CT-6B version?

Need some advice? Trying out a new idea? Fancy a beer?
Join us for some general banter and good times.
wrenow

Flysky CT-6B version?

Post by wrenow »

Just curious as to the possibility of a Flysky CT-6B version. Not sure of the processor chip used in the Flysky CT-6B, but the programming cable is readily available, and field programmers have been made for the serial interface. If the microprocessor has the oomph (especially if it were the same as used in the 9/X), Open9X or ER9X type capabilities on this humble (inexpensive) radio would be incredible.

Even though I am using Digital Radio to program the radio now, which is a vast improvement over the factory software, it does not really provide additional capabilities lacking in the original (mixes, etc.). Plus, since the channel output is merely a function of the signal output by the microprocessor, one would suspect that this could be an 8 channel radio in disguise. ;)

this is one of those cases where I really have no idea - might be relatively trivial, might be absotively impossible, or anywhere in between. any thoughts from the gurus?

Cheers,

Wreno

ReSt

Re: Flysky CT-6B version?

Post by ReSt »

It's a trivial NO

The processor is a totally different one time programmable chip.
The programming only changes the data in the internal eeprom

As far as I know, nobody came up with a pin compatible, flashable version of this processor.
So replacing the processor looks like not to be an option.

Reinhard

Return to “The Pickled Gnu (The Pub)”