PXX work

er9x is the best known firmware. It has a superb range of features and is well supported by the community. Well worth trying out.
ShowMaster

Re: PXX work

Post by ShowMaster »

I'm sorry if this is a redundant question but here goes.
I think PXX is like model match?
I think it's working OK?
I don't want Frsky's FW but instead eraz's?
Those using it have had no link loss or control issues?
I want to use it?
Many at my club come to me for the latest progress on all the new options they get if they "come to our side" and I don't want to be misinformed so I ask.
Things move so fast in the 9x world here.
SM

MikeB
9x Developer

Post by MikeB »

PXX will support model match, but it doesn't at present. I've used it indoors withoout any problems.
As the existing FrSky firmware does not support the non-telemetry receivers when you program the Tx module to use PXX, I haven't done any testing outdoors, I need to be able to use both types of receiver.
We are waiting for FrSky to come up with a new firmware for the Tx module. I understand it will allow model match, as well as software seletctable receiver type.

Mike.
erskyTx/er9x developer
The difficult we do immediately,
The impossible takes a little longer!
Rob Thomson
Site Admin

Post by Rob Thomson »

I have been flying PXX for the past month or so - 2.5m gliders.

No problems at all. I guess you could say that at the current point it is stable.

Rob
Slope Soaring, FPV, and pretty much anything 'high tech'
...........if you think it should be in the wiki.. ask me for wiki access, then go add it!
Kilrah

Post by Kilrah »

...but of limited use, and it will certainly go back to "beta" when the new features are added :D
wallaguest1

Post by wallaguest1 »

at the actual state it support multiple bind to get 16 ch from the same module and two receivers ?

Kilrah

Post by Kilrah »

No. That requires receiver support, and FrSky still haven't done that.
marcioh

Post by marcioh »

hi, I don´t remember where I read this (or maybe I dreamed) , but wouldn´t pxx add suport for telemetry without doing the hardware telemetry mods ?
I flashed the module with it but still get no data if I disconnect the serial cable.

Is it normal to lose the rxs bind every time I flash the module?
MikeB
9x Developer

Post by MikeB »

No, PXX is a data out to Tx module format, instead of PPM. There is no data flow the other way.

No, I don't loose binding (FrSky DJT Tx and D8R-II Rx).

Mike.
erskyTx/er9x developer
MGeo

Post by MGeo »

Hello,

Has anyone heard of any PXX updates?

Thanks,
George
Rob Thomson
Site Admin

Post by Rob Thomson »

Nope. Not sure much more will be done until the x12d is launched!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
...........if you think it should be in the wiki.. ask me for wiki access, then go add it!
EvaLiu

Post by EvaLiu »

Quick update that prototype for X9D radio (with JR type slot) will be ready in one month or so, and delivery to 9x community will be arranged then. (In fact, we purchased a ready-made mould for X9D radio, meanwhile made modification and improvement based on market options and preference. The following X12D and X16D radio moulds are independently developed by FrSky.)

D16 module and receiver will be ready almost at the same time.

D16 module:
Two selectable modulations: PXX (mode selection, bind, model match, range check, failsafe, etc. on radio side) or CPPM
Three selectable modes: D8, D16 or LR10 (long range 10ch one-way)
Smart Port: realize full duplex transmission; connect to any Smart Port enabled products, such as new V2 telemetry sensors or other devices, etc.
RS232 Port: the same port as that on DFT/DJT/DHT modules; connect to existing FLD-02 or other 3rd-party developed accessories, such as VSpeak module, etc.
Detect module antenna working status: sound warnings will be given out if the module antenna is broken or connection cable is not in intact contact, etc.

D16 receiver:
8 servo channels (with one internal voltage sensor)
Smart Port
S.BUS Port
RSSI output reserved
Rob Thomson
Site Admin

Post by Rob Thomson »

Thanks for the update.

When can we post a picture? I am sure that it what everyone is dying to see! :-)

Rob
MikeB
9x Developer

Post by MikeB »

Eva: Is there an update to the PXX for the DHT/DFT/DJT modules? It would be good to have the extra PXX functions available on existing systems.

Thank You.

Mike.
erskyTx/er9x developer
cre8tiveleo

Post by cre8tiveleo »

EvaLiu

Post by EvaLiu »

D16 module & receiver will be launched first and then PXX upgrade firmware for DFT/DJT/DHT modules later on.

Bear in mind that some features & functions will be unavailable due to the hardware limitation of existing systems.
EvaLiu

FrSky XJT module, X8R and L9R rx's, new hub-less vario senso

Post by EvaLiu »

XJT module (JR/Graupner type):
• Two auto-detected modulations: PXX (mode selection, bind, model match, range check, failsafe, etc. on radio side) or CPPM.
• Three selectable modes: D8 (existing 8ch two-way), D16 (new 16ch two-way full duplex transmission) and LR12 (new 12ch one-way, approx. three times range of current V8 & D series when pairing with new LR series receivers, such as L9R).
• ﹡Smart Port enabled, realizing two-way full duplex transmission.
• Detect the module antenna’s working status and give sound warnings if the module antenna is broken or does not have intact contact, etc.
• Super lower latency (approx. 1/3 of current systems) and higher precision (transmitter’s hardware and software support required, such as ☆ FrSky transmitters).
☆ A special section for FrSky transmitters will be accessible after the China Spring Festival.

X8R receiver (8/16ch telemetry receiver):
• More number of channels: 1~8ch from conventional channel outputs, 1~16ch from SBUS port.
• With RSSI output: analog voltage output (0~3.3V).

L9R receiver (9/12 non-telemetry long range receiver):
• More number of channels: 1~9ch from conventional channel outputs, 1~12ch from SBUS port.
• With RSSI output: analog voltage output (0~3.3V).
• Longer operating range: three times of the operating range for V8 or D series.
Manuals_XJT_X8R_L9R.pdf
(301.81 KiB) Downloaded 1162 times

New hub-less variometer sensor:
Vario.jpg
• Capable of connecting directly to the telemetry receivers without the sensor hub.
• Backwardly compatible with existing sensor hub and sensors and forwardly compatible with new generation Smart Port enabled sensors.

SBUS & CPPM compatible servos:
D25MA  D12MB.jpg
Auto-detect the firstly received signal after being powered on and act as conventional digital servo, SBUS compatible servo or CPPM compatible servos.
Helle

Post by Helle »

Hy,

ok if the PXX protokoll is open and at a jacket, we can use a uC to work with it
get out the other channels 8-16-32 with PPM for servos or calculate some other things, switch channels and so on

Helle
Kilrah

Post by Kilrah »

What is referred to as PXX is between radio and TX module only.
Helle

Post by Helle »

Hy,

sorry, I think the open protokoll SamrtPort at the RX and at the TX
which is enabled with the PXX Protokoll
Helle
Kilrah

Post by Kilrah »

Ah, that's another thing. Details will be available when the X9D is released.
Iksbob

Post by Iksbob »

Any news here re: PXX? I upgraded to digital servos on my heli, put the receiver in HS mode but then realized that the link between the DJT and radio is still PPM... Eliminating any latency benefit from higher refresh rates between the RX and servos.
I see there's a new(er) firmware file out for the DJT... Anyone know if it includes PXX support?
jhsa

Post by jhsa »

frsky still hasn't released any update for the DJT or DHT.
I'm also waiting for it ,)

João
My er9x/Ersky9x/eepskye Video Tutorials
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL5uJhoD7sAKidZmkhMpYpp_qcuIqJXhb9

Donate to Er9x/Ersky9x:
https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_s-xclick&hosted_button_id=YHX43JR3J7XGW
MikeB
9x Developer

Post by MikeB »

AFAIK FrSky have not officially released firmware for the DJT that supports PXX. What they have done is introduce the XJT module (for the Taranis) that does support PXX. This is an improved version of the PXX originally implemented that supports 16 channels, failsafe setting, binding and range checking.
I believe FrSky intend to release an update for the DJT but we don't know when it will happen.
I have been looking at supporting the XJT module (http://openrcforums.com/forum/viewtopic ... =30#p59239), I have something working. At present I'm only sending 8 channels, and I'm only sending the PXX stream every 18 mS. This is the same as the Taranis I think. That sends a PXX frame every 9mS, but one frame is for channels 1-8 and the next is for channels 9-16, so each channel is only sent to the module every 18 mS.
This is a 'work in progress'.

Mike.
erskyTx/er9x developer
GTiDon

Post by GTiDon »

Hi
Sorry for my ignorance
Ive been trying to follow this, but still don't fully understand the excitement.

What is the benefits of this PXX protocol?
Apart from model matching, I assume this links models on the radio to specific receivers?

I have a sky V3 board and a DJT, and a few D8R 2 receivers. Would reflashing firmware etc be worth my while?

Will it be worth my while to get a XJT module with my D8R 2 receivers? - I do Fly FPV

I have also done the "telemetry module mod" using pins on the DJT module for direct plug on with no extra wires. Will this be a problem if I switch to the XJT?
Er9X Flashed
Speaker Mod Done
Haptic Feedback Mod Done
Telemetry Mod Done with FRSky TTL Lite
Voice Mod Done with Emartee Board
HK Backlight Done
FRSky Telemetry DIY Module Installed
----All these mods removed and installed Sky 3.0 board with DJT Module.
MikeB
9x Developer

Post by MikeB »

The benefits of PXX only really apply if you use the XJT module with the X8R receiver(s). With 'D' series receivers there is no gain.

From my testing there is no problem to using the XJT with the "telemetry module mod".

You also get the possibility of using 16 channels by using either SBUS servos or two X8R receivers.

Mike.
erskyTx/er9x developer
jhsa

Post by jhsa »

Mike, just a question as I don't really fully understand all this yet..

If I get a XJT module, would I be able to have receiver match and set the failsafe from the radio using the "D" series receivers?

Thanks,

João

Donate to Er9x/Ersky9x:
https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_s-xclick&hosted_button_id=YHX43JR3J7XGW
MikeB
9x Developer

Post by MikeB »

No. The 'D' series receivers don't support that as far as I know. I don't think they will do receiver match, and I haven't tried failsafe setting but as the firmware in them was done before the XJT I doubt they handle it.

Mike.
erskyTx/er9x developer
jhsa

Post by jhsa »

I suspected that, thank you..
No point on getting a XJT yet then :( as it doesn't have analog ports anyway and I have many D series receivers. Can't afford to change all the receivers on my small fleet at the moment..
Also I like to build my own sensors and I use the openXsensor project and as the new protocol is still not supported yet I see no reason to change to the X series..
Maybe frsky releases updates for the DJT and DHT modules and D series receivers soon so we can have at least some of the funcionality. S-port won't be compatible due to hardware limitations as far as I understand, but I can live with that..

So, we can only wait ;)

João

Donate to Er9x/Ersky9x:
Iksbob

Post by Iksbob »

MikeB wrote:The benefits of PXX only really apply if you use the XJT module with the X8R receiver(s). With 'D' series receivers there is no gain.
So is there no latency advantage with D receivers?
jhsa

Post by jhsa »

No they are working with PPM as always.. Unless frsky releases an update for them :(

Donate to Er9x/Ersky9x:

Return to “er9x”