[PROBLEM] Turnigy 9xr left gimbal doesn't respond

er9x is the best known firmware. It has a superb range of features and is well supported by the community. Well worth trying out.
Ellevix

[PROBLEM] Turnigy 9xr left gimbal doesn't respond

Post by Ellevix »

Hello everyone,
I hope you are all well. I am just new to the RC world and have been getting the equipment together to build my first plane.

I have purchased a Turnigy 9xr. No matter what settings I set it on I get a constant warning on start up that the "throttle is not idle" and the left gimbal does not respond at all.
I have calibrated it a lot of times, it is a mode 2 controller and it is set on mode 2 in the menu.

In the ANA screen all the other buttons, pots and the right gimbal respond but the left gimbal (A1-A4) is frozen. In the calibration screen the left gimbal pointer is stuck off to the top left corner.

The controller had the problem out of the box from HobbyKing. I then flashed the er9x firmware onto it hoping this would fix the problem but unfortunately it didn't.

I am really in need of some help if anyone has any ideas.

Thanks very much.

ShowMaster

Re: [PROBLEM] Turnigy 9xr left gimbal doesn't respond

Post by ShowMaster »

If calibration isn't helping or working for the left stick it could be a connector not seated issue.
I'm assuming you haven't opened your tx and it's stock. Your mode setting in the menu seems to be correct from your post.
Carefully open up your tx and push down the left stick connectors to make sure they're firmly seated into the tx board.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1359781115.322006.jpg
SM

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk.
Ellevix

Post by Ellevix »

Showmaster, thank you very very much for your quick reply and help, you were exactly right, the left hand stick connector wasn't seated in the board correctly. The controller now works perfectly. A very big thank you!
ShowMaster

Post by ShowMaster »

Whew, we're both winners! Please look for any other strange things before your first flight. What rf module and RX are you going to use?
I always break in a new radio with a test plane that is fixable.
I'm glad it was that easy easy a fix.
SM

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk.
Ellevix

Post by Ellevix »

I shall certainly take your advice, especially after finding plugs not connected from factory :)

I am using a FrSky module and Rx: http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/stor ... le_RX.html.

jhsa

Post by jhsa »

You're good with that RF combo.. But still don't forget to range check it. ;)

João
My er9x/Ersky9x/eepskye Video Tutorials
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL5uJhoD7sAKidZmkhMpYpp_qcuIqJXhb9

Donate to Er9x/Ersky9x:
https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_s-xclick&hosted_button_id=YHX43JR3J7XGW
Ellevix

Post by Ellevix »

If I could bother you all to check something else for me it would be great. I am unsure if I have the direction of my prop correct, the prop is secured correctly and also if the motor is mounted correctly. Could I please bother you to check it?
I am using a Graupner pusher prop (L) on a Finwing Penguin with a Turnigy Aerodrive 3542 motor.

JEANALTAYR

Post by JEANALTAYR »

hello check your sectional view prop profile ; is like a wing profile ; then the leading edge have to be at the front and attack the wind during rotation
jmi
dvogonen

Re: Sv: [PROBLEM] Turnigy 9xr left gimbal doesn't respond

Post by dvogonen »

It seems to be on backwards.
The text is normally always on the front.
Another clue is that the thickest side of the blade should always be at the front. This is sometimes hard to see on electric props that are quite thin, but from your pictures it seems you have it the other way around.

Return to “er9x”