low rates on er9x

er9x is the best known firmware. It has a superb range of features and is well supported by the community. Well worth trying out.
heman37

low rates on er9x

Post by heman37 »

is there not low rates on ER9X ? all i can get is the M , and H , medium and high and i would like it to go low rates or is this not possible, I would love to be able to get this , please help, it is amazing to see such an amazing piece of software and no low rates, pulling my hair out here. and soon gonna be bald , lol

MikeB
9x Developer

Re: low rates on er9x

Post by MikeB »

There are two switches to assign. It is SW2 that allows you to select the Low rates setting.

Mike.
erskyTx/er9x developer
The difficult we do immediately,
The impossible takes a little longer!
heman37

Post by heman37 »

thanks , i knew there had to be someway to do it, excellent radio firware , i just have to figure it all out, the manual didnt really say much , thanks again Mike , I appreciate the help
gohsthb

Post by gohsthb »

You cannot simply set switch 2 and use that to select between rates. You have to set something for switch 1. Really you will only see the low rate if you have triple rates set up.
-Gohst
heman37

Post by heman37 »

what i did was set the sw1 to ELE and sw2 to ELE aswell and it gave me the low rates, it might not make sense to assign both sw1 and sw2 to the same , but this works. down the road i will do the trick with assigning a 3 pot switch with eepe .

MikeB
9x Developer

Post by MikeB »

Since you set the amount of rate you get, there is no real meaning to LOW rates. H, M and L are just names. You can actually set the rates such that H is less then M which may also be less than L.
You only need LOW rates, if you are already using H and M and need a third setting.

Mike.
erskyTx/er9x developer
jhsa

Post by jhsa »

Mike, maybe we should just call them Rate1, Rate2 and Rate3?? That would avoid the confusion from high, middle and low.. the names come from other systems that can't be costumized like these firmwares.. Like you said you can even change the order, so no point of calling them names :D it only creates confusion.. I had the same problem until I read this today.. the other day I was trying to find out how to do it..

Just my 2c

João
My er9x/Ersky9x/eepskye Video Tutorials
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL5uJhoD7sAKidZmkhMpYpp_qcuIqJXhb9

Donate to Er9x/Ersky9x:
https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_s-xclick&hosted_button_id=YHX43JR3J7XGW
heman37

Post by heman37 »

there actually is now confusion , and the way it is now works great so no need to try to confuse me now that i understand it. Lol
heman37

Post by heman37 »

i meant to sa NO confusion instead of now ,
jhsa

Post by jhsa »

It was just an idea.. If any of the rates can be high, middle or low, why calling them names then? That was why you got confused with it in first place.. and me.. ;)
Let's see what others have to say about it :)

João

Donate to Er9x/Ersky9x:
https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_s-xclick&hosted_button_id=YHX43JR3J7XGW
MikeB
9x Developer

Post by MikeB »

In some of the screens just the single letters H, M and L are used as there isn't enough space for anything longer!

Mike.
erskyTx/er9x developer
jhsa

Post by jhsa »

that explains it, I guess :roll: :)

Donate to Er9x/Ersky9x:
rdeanchurch

Post by rdeanchurch »

While on the. Subject of nomenclature...

Why do we call the memories space by there physical memory names instead of their functions.
EEOROM is model memory. Flash is software, firmware, operating system or control system or .... Who cares what kind of memory is used for these things? What they are used for is what is important.

Custom switches and custom functions...does this imply that flight phases, expo/dr, mixes are not custom?
Switches are logical conditions or booleans or even just switches, Custom functions are just functions.

I've worked on computers, played with ham radio, messed with English cars, flown full size aircraft....with radios transponder... I don't ever rember a physical switch being down for on. You always shut ever thing off by moving the switch down. When we keyed in the bootstrap on those ancient computers up was 1 and down was 0.

RANT over, continue on and live with it Dean. Thanks, I feel better now!
Dean
OldDmbThms: 1. Takeoff, 2. Crash, 3. Repair, GOTO 1
rcgyuk

Post by rcgyuk »

Light switches are usually down for on ??? (in UK)
Flaps 30

Post by Flaps 30 »

The answer to the switches is fairly simple. Just turn them through one eighty degrees. :)
jhsa

Post by jhsa »

same here in Germany.. well at least where I live..
In Portugal normally is up for on, and it also makes all sense to me.. aircraft switches are up for on as said before, except maybe for the gear lever.. :D ;)
But on the 9x I just didn't bother in changing the switch position on startup.. for me is also fine as it is.. acctually for gear and flaps is correct..

João

Donate to Er9x/Ersky9x:
jhsa

Post by jhsa »

Flaps 30 wrote:The answer to the switches is fairly simple. Just turn them through one eighty degrees. :)
You don't have to.. with the custom firmwares you can change the default position for each switch.. ;)

Donate to Er9x/Ersky9x:
Flaps 30

Post by Flaps 30 »

jhsa wrote:You don't have to.. with the custom firmwares you can change the default position for each switch.. ;)
What!...... Spoil the fun fiddling around with the hardware.. There is another way of doing it.. The switches are all SPDT ones (apart from ID0,1,2) so a quick soldering job would give the required result.

Yes I do agree. You can make the switches do what you want with the existing software. :)
gohsthb

Post by gohsthb »

rcgyuk wrote:Light switches are usually down for on ??? (in UK)
I have put in more than a few in houses that operate that way! :-)
-Gohst

Sent from my LG-P999 using Tapatalk 2
G550Ted

Post by G550Ted »

As is the custom here in the US and as a pilot for 49 years my expectation is that a switch that is down is off and one that is up is on. Being just a TINY bit anal in this regard, whenever I see the lights in a room that are on with two three way switches in the down position (or vice versa) I will change their positions! I'm a tellin ya, up for off just ain't natural! :-P

Ted
Flaps 30

Post by Flaps 30 »

This could be resolved to the satisfaction of all the 'up and downers' by arranging the switches to operate sideways. Right would be on left would be off. :)
rdeanchurch

Post by rdeanchurch »

G550Ted wrote:As is the custom here in the US and as a pilot for 49 years my expectation is that a switch that is down is off and one that is up is on. Being just a TINY bit anal in this regard, whenever I see the lights in a room that are on with two three way switches in the down position (or vice versa) I will change their positions! I'm a tellin ya, up for off just ain't natural! :-P

Ted
+++many

I also expect to flip a switch up for high and down for low....rates, gear, flaps. At least we can make it the way we want it. For all (of what I consider) it's warts, it is the best, most flexible stuff I've ever had in a tx. So I just think of ! As a bright idea....!ail is bright as in on.

I can't thank the guys who work on this and continue to make it better enough. And i admire their efforts and skills more than I can express.

Well maybe sideways does have some appeal....hmmm.
Dean
jhsa

Post by jhsa »

Flaps 30 wrote:This could be resolved to the satisfaction of all the 'up and downers' by arranging the switches to operate sideways. Right would be on left would be off. :)
I agree.. But what about left for on and right for off?? :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Donate to Er9x/Ersky9x:
rdeanchurch

Post by rdeanchurch »

jhsa wrote:
Flaps 30 wrote:This could be resolved to the satisfaction of all the 'up and downers' by arranging the switches to operate sideways. Right would be on left would be off. :)
I agree.. But what about left for on and right for off?? :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
In the US,we would have two factions...Republicans would want right on and Democraats would want left on.

It seems to me we have to add er9x,open9x, eepe and c9x options to allow user to select on either left and right. This obviously should be the HIGHEST priority!
Dean
G550Ted

Post by G550Ted »

What do ya think about replacing all the switches with push-pull types?! Then you would have the push = ON / pull = OFF camp against the push = OFF / pull = ON folk.

Ted
MikeB
9x Developer

Post by MikeB »

Just fit push to change switches, then you won't know whether ther are on or off so it will be the same for everybody.

Mike.
erskyTx/er9x developer
G550Ted

Post by G550Ted »

BINGO! The ultimate answer. :ugeek: :lol:

Ted

Return to “er9x”