Throttle Limit Override for OSD RTH Activation

Programing help and example for all firmwares based on thus's th9 firmware.
CNIDawg

Throttle Limit Override for OSD RTH Activation

Post by CNIDawg »

Hi all,
I am new to forum so if I have committed some atrocity, please go lightly on me. First, congrats on the great work that has been done on the 9X firmware. As far as I can tell, you have turned a $40 radio into a $600 one. :D
I have read and re-read and can not find the answer to this one. A little background: I am trying to go 120% or -120% throttle as a Return to Home activation simulation for my OSD. I program the OSD for -110% = radio fail safe position and then set radio fail safe to 120% for margin. I am using a LRS UHF for the RF portion of the link. Ok, now the problem, I can not figure out a way to program or set more or less than 100% or -100% respectively. On my Futaba I was able to do this with the trim tabs but on the er9X/9X it appears the +/- 100% are firm soft limits. Can anyone suggest a way to achieve the goal I have? Thanks in advance. I am sure there must be quite a few folks using the 9X for FPV so I must be missing something really simple. :roll:
Last edited by CNIDawg on Sat Mar 17, 2012 12:50 am, edited 1 time in total.

MikeB
9x Developer

Re: Throttle Limit Override for OSD RTH Activation

Post by MikeB »

Go to the first model setup menu, scroll down to:
E. Limits
change OFF to ON.
You have now enabled Extended limits and can now got to +/-125% instead of +/-100%.

Mike.
erskyTx/er9x developer
The difficult we do immediately,
The impossible takes a little longer!
CNIDawg

Post by CNIDawg »

Quote of post above removed by your friendly MOD - Please don't quote the post right above you !

Mike
Thanks so much. :D I knew was missing something simple. I hope this helps others. Must have overlooked that in all my reading. :oops:
CNIDawg

Post by CNIDawg »

MikeB wrote:Go to the first model setup menu, scroll down to:
E. Limits
change OFF to ON.
You have now enabled Extended limits and can now got to +/-125% instead of +/-100%.

Mike.
Mike Thank you.
I should have been clearer. I need 100% to -120% but I need the normal Throttle travel to be +/- 100%. I need to adjust the -120% through the trim adjust. I can not seem to get this done. Any help very much appreciated. I would also like to program the THR switch to do tdhe -120% so I can just flip a switch to get autopilot. Hope you can help.
Thanks,
Steven
erazz
9x Developer

Post by erazz »

The E.Limits function allows all the limits to go from -125% to 125%.
You can leave the other limits as they were. The reason for limiting was that on some systems, going to 125% could cause problems with the PPM stream.

As it is, the 100% in the er9x system is probably equivalent to 120% in other systems. It's really meaningless because every radio defines 100% differently.
Z

BEWARE - WE ARE IN THE AIR!!!
What goes up... Should be controlled by a 9X!

pmackenzie

Post by pmackenzie »

If I understand this right, you want normal throttle motion with the THR switch off, but when you pull the THR switch it should go to the low end, but with extra travel to trigger the "Go home"?

If so this should work:

chx 80% THR
R -100% MAX Switch(THR)

Enable extended limits and set them to 125% in both directions for the throttle channel. 125% times 80% = 100%

Pat MacKenzie
wheelspinner20

Post by wheelspinner20 »

pmack you sir, are amazing. Maybe its because I havnt used it enough yet, but I just don't have the imagination yet to come up with solutions like that.!

Thanks that was cool.

Pat
no more quippy little latin phrases.! Its old
CNIDawg

Post by CNIDawg »

pmackenzie wrote:If I understand this right, you want normal throttle motion with the THR switch off, but when you pull the THR switch it should go to the low end, but with extra travel to trigger the "Go home"?

If so this should work:

chx 80% THR
R -100% MAX Switch(THR)

Enable extended limits and set them to 125% in both directions for the throttle channel. 125% times 80% = 100%

Pat MacKenzie
Pat,
Thanks so much. That is exactly what I needed and it works great on my RVOSD. The goal was not to have the possibility of RTH being activated accidently. So RVOSD to "110%" and 9X to 120% FS condition. Thanks again!

Return to “er9x / gruvin9x / th9 based firmwares”