Question re telemetry data

Choosing an RF Module? What modules work? What is compatible with the 9x?
rcgyuk

Question re telemetry data

Post by rcgyuk »

Hi,

I have two radios, my original JR X-3810, with the Frsky telemetry module, the screen display that clamps to the handle, (forget the actual letters that name it)

And now I have my Flysky with the Frsky version of the ER9X firmware, and the Frsky telemetry hack module installed and working.

My question is now that I have bought the Frsky hub, the one that plugs into the Rx, into which you can plug all the Frsky sensors (which I also bought), can I display all that information in the Tx with the ER9X firmware ?

e.g. height, speed, position, climbing/sinking (for glider), motor / battery temperature, flight pack battery voltage etc.

I would also want to program various alarms on several of the telemetry values.

If this can be done, are there any guides out there showing me how to set it up ?

Rob Thomson
Site Admin

Re: Question re telemetry data

Post by Rob Thomson »

When you say you have done the telemetry hack module... Do you mean in of these mods?

http://openrcforums.com/wiki/index.php/ ... _telemetry

Rob
Slope Soaring, FPV, and pretty much anything 'high tech'
...........if you think it should be in the wiki.. ask me for wiki access, then go add it!
rcgyuk

Post by rcgyuk »

Yes, rewired the two pins off the the main chip, added all the resistors etc. I now get the extra frsky screens in setup, and I can see the screen with the black bars for RX and TX signal strength.

It's just I don't know what to do next, even as simple as programming an alarm if model starts to go out of range.
Rob Thomson
Site Admin

Post by Rob Thomson »

Ok... Have you flashed your radio now with either er9x-frsky or open9x-frsky versions?

If yes.. Which one?
...........if you think it should be in the wiki.. ask me for wiki access, then go add it!
Kilrah

Post by Kilrah »

On the telemetry1 setup screen, make sure UsrProto = FrHub.
All the values will then be available for display (custom display on page telemetry2) and as source for the custom switches.

rcgyuk

Post by rcgyuk »

I used this file: er9x-frsky.hex, I can't see how to get my Tx to display which version it is.

I checked the protocol, and it was already set to FrHub

It's where to go from here I am not clear on

What I want to do is set up the frsky voltage sensor to monitor flight battery, frsky temperature sensor to monitor motor temperature, and frsky vario sensor to monitor altitude in feet, and sink / climb
Rob Thomson
Site Admin

Post by Rob Thomson »

Right... If you where using open9x, I would be of more help.

In have not played with er9x in a while!

Not certain er9x has vario functions in it yet? Regardless there Re better people to answer the question on er9x that me :-)

With open9x you would use custom functions. I believe er9x has a similar system.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

Return to “RF MODULES”