Switching between modules

Choosing an RF Module? What modules work? What is compatible with the 9x?
Kilrah

Re: Switching between modules

Post by Kilrah »

khairuv wrote:Are those DHT-U (trainer ppm) and DJT (ppm) work together okay for 16 channels? Another question is how to assign the 8 upper channels (9-16). Is it like assigning normal channel? And how about the binding procedure? It is one at a time or two modules must be on and bind one by one or simultaneously?
Yes it works fine, channels are assigned like normal, receivers must be bound one at a time so set only one module to bind mode, bind the first receiver, cycle power to take the first module out of bind mode, set the 2nd module to bind mode, bind 2nd receiver.

jhsa

Post by jhsa »

I think they changed to the toggle switch after some DIP started to fail..
My er9x/Ersky9x/eepskye Video Tutorials
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL5uJhoD7sAKidZmkhMpYpp_qcuIqJXhb9

Donate to Er9x/Ersky9x:
https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_s-xclick&hosted_button_id=YHX43JR3J7XGW
ShowMaster

Post by ShowMaster »

I may remember reading about that way back Jhsa. I never move the switches from the 2 way mode but many that use 1 way and 2 way have to move them. I seem to recall that dip switches aren't designed for frequent switching.
The heavier duty toggle switch is.
On the other hand we still have them on the DJT modules? If we're really interested we could read the early on posts in the Frsky RCG or email Eva?
It may be it just made the DHT DIY switch board cutout easier to make?
Bottom line is the toggle is in, the dip is out!
I wonder if the new radio will have something different?
SM

ShowMaster
Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk
Kilrah

Post by Kilrah »

ShowMaster wrote: I wonder if the new radio will have something different?
Most likely software selection :)
aesmith

Post by aesmith »

ShowMaster wrote:Mine is the order version,maybe a year ago now. I think many complained about the dip switches so Frsky made the newer toggle version?
I have both from past purchases.
That's my recollection as well, although I can't remember what the benefit of the toggle switch was supposed to be. Personally I think the easiest would have been to have three separate panel mount components, LED, push-button and toggle switch, then you'd just need to drill three holes which could be in separate places.
----------------------------
Tony S

Return to “RF MODULES”