Audio (voice) - Stock 9X PCB

er9x is the best known firmware. It has a superb range of features and is well supported by the community. Well worth trying out.
skylark

Re: Audio (voice) - Stock 9X PCB

Post by skylark »

MikeB wrote:We have two or three options.
I have a layout for a double sided board that uses only through hole components.
hageha has a single sided board with through hole processor and LM386 and the rest 1206 surface mount.
Joao and I have (large) stripboard versions both, using a mixture of through hole and surface mount components (difficult to mount in the Tx).

I think the circuit is well enough tested now it could be produced. I don't really have the time to get boards made and ship them out. I have found
http://www.quick-teck.co.uk/index.php
who could apparently make 100 off double sided boards (80mm x 30mm, my double sided layout above) for £130, in 12 days.
If hageha could give the overall dimensions of his board, single sided, we can get a price for that.

What do people actually want?

Mike.
Hi Mike,
Certainly sounds good to me. I woulf be interested in 2 double sided through hole boards (your design). If you are making a list put me on it please.
Stan.
He who knows not and knows not he knows not, is a fool: SHUN HIM.

He who knows and knows he knows, is a wise man : SEEK HIM

But he who knows not and knows he knows not, is a baby: TEACH HIM.

man-bis

Post by man-bis »

hageha wrote:This is my sample unit. Hans
Hans! Your option seems to me the most preferable. But I have a desire to make his version of the board with the dip elements. In my work, you could do me a great help. I need the file circuit diagram in the format of gerber or eagle. With that I was able to finish the job faster. I think that the current project will not have a significant commercial success, and I do not do business with 9x. Can you post what I ask? This can be placed here or in the repository with Oliver. Thank you.
LTMNO

Post by LTMNO »

Mike, I would take 2 of the double sided boards as well.. I guess my only concern with some of the designs if for the internal FrSky Module. I will receive my T9x tomorrow with the module so I will have a better understanding personally the space I will have.

Thanks again to you all for your hard work here. After reading all 80 some pages, it is clear that this Voice Mod has taken a life of its own and growing up to be a mature adult.
Last edited by LTMNO on Tue Dec 04, 2012 5:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
Custom 9x with M64/Telemetry Mod
LTMNO

Post by LTMNO »

I was just looking at some online board printers here near by my home that could do this for us. We have 40 or so manufactures that are local that can do full assembly to just board printing. I am willing to contribute to the effort as I would be most interested in supporting the cause.
Last edited by LTMNO on Tue Dec 04, 2012 5:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
hageha

Post by hageha »

Vladimir,
I am not able to make the schematic in Gerber.
If it helps you continue I'll send you the Extended Gerber file of the finished board. Shown previous page.
Hans

Gerberfile now mirrored
Attachments
GerberTOPx.txt
(200.48 KiB) Downloaded 284 times
Last edited by hageha on Sun Dec 02, 2012 1:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

LTMNO

Post by LTMNO »

msg removed...
Last edited by LTMNO on Tue Dec 04, 2012 5:36 am, edited 2 times in total.
Oliver

Post by Oliver »

hageha wrote:Vladimir,
I am not able to make the schematic in Gerber.
If it helps you continue I'll send you the Extended Gerber file of the finished board. Shown previous page.
It must be mirrored
Hans
Hans, thanks! Placed your file into repository.
Could it be on your board if transistors not SMD but TO92?
Oliver

Post by Oliver »

LTMNO wrote:
jhsa wrote:wooow. looking very good. the SMD are all around 1206 size, right? So, if someone could produce this board maybe would not be so hard for us to solder the components? well if I can do it... ;) :D
Hello João, I would be very interested in building one myself here in Canada. I can obtain the part list on the Wiki at "http://code.google.com/p/amod328/source ... /parts.txt". I was just wondering if it is ready to duplicate.
Hello, If you interesting my version of SMD board, yes, it can be dublicated, we make 3 boards now, working fine. But you must be ready to solder 1206 and TQFP32. And be attentive, my board prefer TTL5v UART to connect USB-UART converter, other boards - rs232 levels.
hageha

Post by hageha »

Oliver,
we have Mike's double-sided board DIL, for through-hole components,
your "T Board"
and mine, in SR0805 and SR1206 with DIL IC.
We have basically demonstrated all ways.
I will not install TO92 transistors.
I do not think we do it with too many ways easier.
If someone is looking in the repository, it should be found only finished, proven ways.
In most cases, no one reads the forum from the beginning to the end.

Hans
LTMNO

Post by LTMNO »

What is the sensus on which board should be the best fit. I have Oliver's AudioMega revision 46 and Mike's revision 39 all loaded in Eagle 6.3.
Which is the go forward plan? I know its all choice here... but whats the census. I have no problem soldering the components. Oliver do you have the .brd file available with your board schematic? I was just able to get mbanzi and I think that adds a bit complexity to the printing.

I would agree with Hans, which is the best proven solution. Granted you all did amazing work! That Dooley can't be noted enough.

Thanks,

Pino
Last edited by LTMNO on Tue Dec 04, 2012 5:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
LTMNO

Post by LTMNO »

jhsa wrote:One of the things I need to check is if the board will leave space for the antenna on the radios with the internal frsky module. the antenna is at the top of the tx where the original one was..

Joao
Joao, in your opinion, will be enough space? I will be receiving my T9x next week as I ordered it on Nov.26th from HK.
I also ordered the internal FrSky module so I will be facing what you speaking about.

Has anyone checked yet?

Pino.
Last edited by LTMNO on Tue Dec 04, 2012 5:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
jhsa

Post by jhsa »

I will need to check that, but at the moment I'm working on the radio with the DJT (external) module. The other one is next..
Just finished soldering all the SMD components on Hans's board. I think I will be able to test it tomorrow if all goes well. that means if I didn't mess something up for a change :D
It was quite difficult for me because I don't have a decent magnifier.

Joao
My er9x/Ersky9x/eepskye Video Tutorials
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL5uJhoD7sAKidZmkhMpYpp_qcuIqJXhb9

Donate to Er9x/Ersky9x:
https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_s-xclick&hosted_button_id=YHX43JR3J7XGW
MikeB
9x Developer

Post by MikeB »

Try getting some high power, cheap, reading glasses, I use some +3.5s for close work, and I have 2 pairs, so for really tiny things I use both at the same time!

Mike.
erskyTx/er9x developer
The difficult we do immediately,
The impossible takes a little longer!
jhsa

Post by jhsa »

Thanks Mike, actually the other day I bought some exactly for reading and I did think about it.. good to know that it works for someone else. Will get some

João

Donate to Er9x/Ersky9x:
https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_s-xclick&hosted_button_id=YHX43JR3J7XGW
LTMNO

Post by LTMNO »

msg removed...
Last edited by LTMNO on Tue Dec 04, 2012 5:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
jhsa

Post by jhsa »

I can not precise but I would say around 20€. could be less..

Donate to Er9x/Ersky9x:
LTMNO

Post by LTMNO »

That's good. For a mod like this. A true enthusiast would pay $50-$75 IMO for a turn key solution. The parts list that is posted. Is it the one you worked from? Which version did you build, Mike's? I read the history and I saw that you built Hans...
Last edited by LTMNO on Tue Dec 04, 2012 5:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
jhsa

Post by jhsa »

I did build my own version before. stripboard with through hole and smd 1206 components. It's working inside my radio at the moment. I will have to post it when I have some time to update some of the component values..
Now I'm building Hans's board. He was very kind and made a couple boards for me.
I bought the parts for the module from an online store here in Germany. Reichelt. they have good prices and the postage is not that expensive compared to others..

João

Donate to Er9x/Ersky9x:
LTMNO

Post by LTMNO »

Joao, does your board have the latest?
This new direction is intriguing. I will start to source the components on Monday. I will let you all know what it costs in Toronto, Canada to build. Thanks for the input.
Last edited by LTMNO on Tue Dec 04, 2012 5:45 am, edited 6 times in total.
jhsa

Post by jhsa »

No, I didn't start this thread :) Mike did :D

I don't really do anything but testing and helping as much as I can.. Well before the audio was available I nagged the developers for about an year :D :D :D
And if it wasn't Mike, I think the 9x still wouldn't speak today.

João

Donate to Er9x/Ersky9x:
LTMNO

Post by LTMNO »

Ah, I got confused then by the avatars. My bad. I should pay more attention. Apologies Mike :-)
Oliver

Post by Oliver »

hageha wrote:Oliver,
we have Mike's double-sided board DIL, for through-hole components,
your "T Board"
and mine, in SR0805 and SR1206 with DIL IC.
We have basically demonstrated all ways.
I will not install TO92 transistors.
I do not think we do it with too many ways easier.
If someone is looking in the repository, it should be found only finished, proven ways.
In most cases, no one reads the forum from the beginning to the end.

Hans
Hans, you are entirely right! I only think that you are not reading my previos comment about transistors, that are smaller than other 1206, and decide to repeat it. :)

About repository. I think it would be better later to make a packages with schematic, design, some fotos and small description of last version each board. And place it into Download section. And make some Wiki, with links to packages. And repository leave only as "source for researchers". :)
hageha

Post by hageha »

Oliver,
I think that's the best way.

Here I have something interesting:
http://www.vspeak-modell.de/index.php/en/vspeak-vario

Hans
LTMNO

Post by LTMNO »

Hans, The Vspeak is interesting... but I still believe your guys mod is much more robust. You have to hand it to Vspeak, the module is really small.
hageha

Post by hageha »

Pino,
I mean, the Vario for FrSky of "Vspeak" works very well with our
Audio Mod!
Without HUB we can, cell voltages, total voltage, temperature, relative altitude from -1000 to 8000 meters)
and thus a Vario, View and listen. All with 1 "sensor"
I tested it, except for the Vario, everything works great.
The accelerometer did not try. Fewer cables and plugs.
Just for small models.
and not to forget the built-in data logger

Hans
jhsa

Post by jhsa »

Yeah, I guess we will need a vario on er9x then , hint hint.. ;) :D

Donate to Er9x/Ersky9x:
LTMNO

Post by LTMNO »

Okay, I apologize for cluttering the forum will all my posts... but for the benefit of others I will summarize if I can.

MIKE
Mike originally had working board base on stripboard and an emartee sound module, the project has taken a turn as the emartee board seemed to change versions through out the last year and problems have been occurring with some builds with delay in speech. This was not acceptable so the team decided to produce its own sound module with the benifit of its original voice board. Today we are at a complete combined solution that encompasses a module with a voice and sound all in one board. Shear genius if you ask me.

Mike latest 2-sided board has been published in eagle format and that is available in the source folder of the wiki. Mike's board also uses the TQFP32(Large) Chip.
Mikes board uses RS232 to program the Module via Yterm Application he developed.
This is the latest design from just a few days ago...
http://code.google.com/p/amod328/source ... AudioMega/
[hr]
HANS
Hans has published his 1-sided board via pictures and in Eagle and is shown in the source folder of the wiki. Hans board has components on both sides with the larger amtel chip. And there is the ability to pull out and put in the SD card via a modified slot on the back for the Radio. (Really Cool). Hans has made a few iterations of the Module including the Smaller Atmel Chip, very hard to solder.
Hans board with TQFP32 has mainly SR0805 components was his first board. After consideration, because it might be too difficult for some, he made the second SMD SR1206 board with DIP components.
http://code.google.com/p/amod328/source ... D%2FHaGeHa
[hr]
OLIVER
Oliver has published his 1-sided board via pictures but only has the .sch file in the source folder of the wiki. Olivers board uses the TQFP32 (Small) chip as well and has a different board design that fits nicely behind existing boards in the radio.
http://code.google.com/p/amod328/source ... 253Dclosed
[hr]

Joao, from the beginning has been working closely with the project prototyping on a stripboard and testing designs from the team, enhancing features via OOTB thought and creating all the voice files being played on these modules. He has also creating his own... Hans' platform is the latest undertaking.

If this information is not correct, please let me know as I did my best to decipher the threads... All of the latest updates should be in SVN on the Google Code Source.
Last edited by LTMNO on Tue Dec 04, 2012 1:15 pm, edited 9 times in total.
LTMNO

Post by LTMNO »

hageha wrote:Pino,
I mean, the Vario for FrSky of "Vspeak" works very well with our
Audio Mod!
Without HUB we can, cell voltages, total voltage, temperature, relative altitude from -1000 to 8000 meters)
and thus a Vario, View and listen. All with 1 "sensor"
I tested it, except for the Vario, everything works great.
The accelerometer did not try. Fewer cables and plugs.
Just for small models.
and not to forget the built-in data logger

Hans
ah, my bad... too impulsive on my post. :D
jhsa

Post by jhsa »

when I finish to build this board I will post everything I have till now.. hopefully it will work immediately..
My sd card will not come out on the back of the radio.. actually as Mike is working on an interface with the PC to access the card, I will leave the card inside the radio and update, format, etc using the serial connection to the computer..

Joao

Donate to Er9x/Ersky9x:
MikeB
9x Developer

Post by MikeB »

The picture is not for my board, mine is all through hole devices. I've not posted a picture of the board as I have only done the layout design, not made a board yet. The picture you show is a board Hans made first. My working board is like Joao's board, it is stripboard, about the same size.

Joao: I wasn't going to include the format option, uses a lot of code.

Mike.
erskyTx/er9x developer
The difficult we do immediately,
The impossible takes a little longer!

Return to “er9x”