MCPX spare parts

Electronic projects that are either related to the firmwares for the 9x, or simply great for radio control applications.
rperkins

MCPX spare parts

Post by rperkins »

I wrote this up for a PM and thought may as well post it here.

You got any spare parts tips ?
I probably spend $5-10 per hr flying on spare parts. I dont fly well.

The hobbyking main blades are good.

the hobbyking, and anyone else's black rotor gears break too easy.

a solid CF or aluminum main shaft is good.

the hollow aluminum main shaft is bad. bends too easy

I bought replacement main bearings off of ebay. A standard size is the same diameter, just a little wider. just adjust the rods a few screws in and your fine.

Made my own tail shafts out of solid CF. reuse the motors and wiring.

Bought a Jim Stoll Jig to make my own main shafts. The hollow 3mm CF from Hobbyking was slightly too large, when I sanded it down it was too weak. waiting on solid 3mm CF to come in.

Have replaced a FET on the 3 in 1 board for the main. have spare parts for the output section of the 3 in 1. There is a part like a fuse that opens up also.

The darn feathering shaft is eating me up $$ I bend them too easy.

The hobbyking batteries are good. cant remember the exact name right now.
hth
Randy

gohsthb

Re: MCPX spare parts

Post by gohsthb »

KBDD blades are the best! I recently switched to those, and now my Mcpx flies like a different heli. I got the main and tail blades from them.
-Gohst
rperkins

Post by rperkins »

I got one set of blue kbdd blades, but havent flown them. gonna have to give them a try
rperkins

Post by rperkins »

I also was wondering where people bought their spare parts. I have been buying from ebay user hopmeup. The prices are good and he does combine shipping costs.

Also do the replacement parts seem as good a quality? They probably are and my issue is that as my flying advances ( or the things I try advance ), I am breaking different parts than in the beginning. I have had a few less than perfect replacement parts, but that could be due to packaging . ( warped main blades, swashplate with bent attachment point,etc ). I am most suspect of the feathering shafts and the landing gear. Bending the feathering shaft and the landing gear breaking right where it inserts into the frame.

I do have to admit I am rough on it. Probably need to get a (linux based) simulator set up this winter.

Yea maybe I should register and post on a general , or heli specific, forum, but I like it here :)

thanks
randy
mrmarc

Post by mrmarc »

Since it's already here, good idea moving this from our PM's :P
...but it probably would be best if you hit up the mCPX forum on helifreak.com, too. You'll find me there, hehe.

One thing I shared with rperkins was my recycling of main gears. For simple hover drills, putting a dab of CA on the main gear where it splits holds up really well for me. I save my undamaged main gears for when I'm actually doing FFF and what not.

I also recommend buying 2mm CF rods to replace broken tail booms, though I've only ever broken the original since replacing it with a solid 140mm CF one. I put a dab of CA around the hole where the boom slides into frame to keep/minimize rotation of the boom.

+1 for the KDBB parts, including the tail blades. They hold up to bends better and I think they have a higher pitch, too?
ER9x|DSMX - EXI 450 Sport CF - Blade SR - Blade mCPX - 9958 - V911

Daryoon

Post by Daryoon »

If you are breaking lots of gears...

For spare gears, look into getting the gears from the v929 quad. Should be available for cheap and they should be a direct fit. The v929 is a clone of the mQX. And as I understand it, the mSR, mSR X, mCP X, and mQX all use the same main gear.

I am able to fit my v929 gear onto my mSR no problem.
mrmarc

Post by mrmarc »

Ack, you beat me to it. I had just ordered 2 lots of v929 gears on eBay. You can get 4 for around $5USD--that's still less than the cost of two mCPX gears...granted, they're coming from China.
Daryoon

Post by Daryoon »

I think you may be even able to get them cheaper than that. Have fun. Would love to see you fly your mCPX one of these days. :)
Daryoon

Post by Daryoon »

Here you go from Banggood. $3.35 for 4. Even cheaper as you buy more: http://www.banggood.com/Wholesale-4-X-W ... 90201202T8
mrmarc

Post by mrmarc »

Thanks for the link! Definitely looking forward to flying with you guys.
rperkins

Post by rperkins »

I'll have to try some of those main gears. I got some main gears that were black from HK. They didnt hold up too well to being removed and reinstalled on the main shaft.

Return to “General RC Electronic Projects and Discussion”