CONECTION X8R BY BUS TO A FLYBARLESS MICROBEAST

General Help and support for the Taranis Radio.
hecda

CONECTION X8R BY BUS TO A FLYBARLESS MICROBEAST

Post by hecda »

Hello,
I've a new Taranis Plus with X8R receiver. I should want to use this X8R by SBUS connection with MICROBEAST FLYBARLESS for my TRex-450. I couldn't connect the X8R by SBUS to MICROBEAST, I can only connect by Typical receiver. Can I connect by SBUS?. Sorry for my English.
Thanks,
Hecda

LutzB

Re: CONECTION X8R BY BUS TO A FLYBARLESS MICROBEAST

Post by LutzB »

Hello Hecda,

very interesting: yesterday I did setup my TRex 450 with my Taranis and a Spektrum AR7200bx. :o While searching I also read, that a better solution would be to use a microbeast with a FrSky receiver connected by S.Bus.
So in order to answer your question: Yes. Simply connect both components with a normal 3 pin servo wire in the S.Bus ports. You may need to adjust the channel order in your setup, I am not sure. My AR7200bx expected pitch on channel 6 while channel 5 is for adjusting the gyro. Please try this order:
  1. Throttle
  2. Roll
  3. Nick
  4. Tail
  5. Gyro
  6. Pitch
If you are interested, I can also send you my model config later.

Best Regards,
Lutz

[EDIT] Config for TRex-450 attached. This config contains some not needed stuff, but you will find the interesting part in the mixers section.
Attachments
trex450.eepe
(76.03 KiB) Downloaded 686 times
hecda

Post by hecda »

Thank you very much for your reply, tomorrow I will look at the file you have sent me. thanks,
hecda

Post by hecda »

LutzB wrote:Hello Hecda,

very interesting: yesterday I did setup my TRex 450 with my Taranis and a Spektrum AR7200bx. :o While searching I also read, that a better solution would be to use a microbeast with a FrSky receiver connected by S.Bus.
So in order to answer your question: Yes. Simply connect both components with a normal 3 pin servo wire in the S.Bus ports. You may need to adjust the channel order in your setup, I am not sure. My AR7200bx expected pitch on channel 6 while channel 5 is for adjusting the gyro. Please try this order:
  1. Throttle
  2. Roll
  3. Nick
  4. Tail
  5. Gyro
  6. Pitch
If you are interested, I can also send you my model config later.

Best Regards,
Lutz

[EDIT] Config for TRex-450 attached. This config contains some not needed stuff, but you will find the interesting part in the mixers section.
Hello,
I just saw your file and I found it very interesting.
First let me say that I managed to connect the MICROBEAST the receiver but normal channels and not by SBUS, this last point is the one that wanted to get but it has been impossible for me ????.

Anyway let me know if you can connect only with SBUS receiver to the MICROBEAST, before I had a Futaba receiver only with SBUS (fewer cables).
I also sent the file you've done with your help, I have kept the order of Futaba.

Sorry I can't add the file, I will look to see how it's done to insert the file.
Regards,
Hecda
LutzB

Post by LutzB »

Please have a look at the microbeast manual. In chapter 5 you will find all the information you need to connect by S.Bus.

hecda

Post by hecda »

I tried to connect directly by SBUS but the servos didn't work. Previously I had connected the MICROBEAST with Futaba and perfect by SBUS. In a multicopter I have connected the X8R with Naza V2 receptor and perfect.
Hecda
Last edited by hecda on Fri May 29, 2015 5:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
LutzB

Post by LutzB »

Can you post some pictures from your S.Bus connection? Without seeing what you are doing, it is very difficult to help you.
You configured the microbeast for S.Bus? When the normal wiring on your pictures is working, you must change configuration to use S.Bus according to the manual.
hecda

Post by hecda »

Hello,
I reconnected the X8R SBUS receiver with MICROBEAST through SBUS. Only a three-wire cable from the SBUS receiver output until ELE / D11 MICROBEAST port.

I followed the manual instructions (page 22) and I have selected the type of Futaba receiver (red light flashing). I put the channels following the Futaba scheme (page 26). Servos, speed controller and SBUS to MICROBEAST ports.

I Proceed to the failsafe mode and pressing slightly blink all dials (A to N) although follow the instructions (page 31) should be light blue dial and follow the N only.
But I can't get it works.
Today morning I flew the helicopter but with the standart receiver connections.
I don't know how to make it work. When I programmed the Futaba receiver, with the transmitter that I have changed, I programmed it properly at first. I don't know what I'm doing wrong.
Good flights,
Hecda
Last edited by hecda on Sat May 30, 2015 6:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
LutzB

Post by LutzB »

The connection seems to be ok. There is only one thing, that is different to the setup described in the manual: the receiver is not powered through the beast but with a separate connection. Does the receiver power up with your connection?
hecda

Post by hecda »

Good morning,
The receptor is powered through the SBUS cable. In the scheme of page 22 puts the power supply is connected to AIL / CH5 as I have done.
I have a Multcopter with this scheme but with Naza and going properly.
The MICROBEAST version is V3, before making Taranis, i don't know if this can be the problem.
Regards
Hecda
LutzB

Post by LutzB »

Sorry, but I have no more ideas. As I told you, I don't have the Microbeast but an AR7200bx. I thought the S.Bus setup would be easy as it is described in detail in the manual, but I have no idea what's wrong.

So I'm out. Sorry!
hecda

Post by hecda »

LutzB wrote:Sorry, but I have no more ideas. As I told you, I don't have the Microbeast but an AR7200bx. I thought the S.Bus setup would be easy as it is described in detail in the manual, but I have no idea what's wrong.

So I'm out. Sorry!
Thank you very much,
I'll put the MICROBEAST like a standard receiver for the moment until I can find a way to fix it. I was trying to improve about the Taranis system, my son and I have one each and I want to buy an electric helicopter larger (undecided with the Goblin 500, T-Rex 550 or Logo) with MICROBEAST but I want to be sure it will work by SBUS, I don't want to have as many electrical connections, but will opt for another flybasless system but by SBUS.
Thank you very much and good flights.
Hecda
michaelgriffin

Post by michaelgriffin »

I just set up a microbeast and an X6R, thru the s-bus, and it worked perfect the first time. I have no idea why yours won't. I'll try it with my X8R later. I was very impressed by how easy the s-bus was. I have never used s-bus before, and now I'm converting all of my models.
hecda

Post by hecda »

I had a Futaba transmitter with SBUS receiver connected by SBUS to the MICROBEAST as well as the first. I have a Multicóptero with Naza and TARANIS transmiter with receiver X8R by SBUS and also perfect, but I don't know what is wrong with my MICROBEAST and TARANIS.
Hecda
Hexperience

Post by Hexperience »

The x8r that you use for naza is the same one you tried for micro beast? It sounds like the x8r might not be in the correct mode? Can you confirm that the same x8r works sbus on naza but not on beastx? I don't know the different modes off the top of my head but is it possible the x8r is simply not sending sbus on that port? I know futaba rx's can be put in different modes and some turn sbus off. Same on x8r?
Sky9X: One radio to rule them all, and in the darkness BIND them.
hecda

Post by hecda »

I use a receiver X8R for Naza and another one for the MICROBEAST, both flashed for the EU version. As I was not sure I tried the Naza X8R in the MICROBEAST and nothing. I have the MICROBEAST since 2011.
Hecda
Hexperience

Post by Hexperience »

Nevermind... thought I noticed something but it was wrong...
Sky9X: One radio to rule them all, and in the darkness BIND them.
Howie

Post by Howie »

Hello to all,

I have a similar problem.
I'm trying to set up a microbeast with a Taranis and a X4R-SB receiver.
Receiver setup in the microbeast works alright (blinking red light for SBus), assigning the channels works (confirmed by the blinking blue light)

in normal operations mode the gyro channel is working, the led changes when switching from normal mode to heading heald and vice versa.

but i can't follow the setup routine, because the tail channel is not working, so can not change any values in setup.

The Taranis is running latest 2.0.17 firmware, the internal module and the receiver are flashed with the en 1.8.1 compatible firmware.

can someone who has this working with SBus please post settings like number of channels transmitted, are there mixers on the not used channels, servo limits and so on ?

I'm a little bit lost right now ...

Thank you.
Howie
Howie

Post by Howie »

Hello,

i made some more tests.
Problem with my setup was the internal rf fimrware of the Taranis.
When using the new EN 1.8.1 firmware, the problem is reproducable, using the old EN 1.7,1 firmware everyting works fine.
According to FrSky they changend the frame length for the SBus signal.

http://www.frsky-rc.com/BBS/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=6974

Howie
Howie

Post by Howie »

Hello,

FrSky has released a new version (150526 for the X4R/SB, 150602 for the X6R / X8R) of the EU firmware which is supposed to solve this problem...

Howie
SergioNayar

Post by SergioNayar »

Hello everyone... I know it's a very OLD topic, but can someone share their Align T-Rex 550E OpenTX settings? I have an Horus X10S Express Transmitter.

I'm jumping from the Spektrum world and settings don't translate as easily.

Thanks for any help you can provide!

Happy 2021 everyone!
TrueBuild

Post by TrueBuild »

I think the problem is inverted vs non-inverted signals?
See inverted vs non-inverted explained

Return to “General help (FrSky Taranis radio)”