Help with voltage telemetry for non LiPo batteries and the AIN2 port - Archer R8 Pro and Taranis X9D

Cant get your radio to work? General Hardware issues?
circuitBurn

Help with voltage telemetry for non LiPo batteries and the AIN2 port - Archer R8 Pro and Taranis X9D

Post by circuitBurn »

Hey all, I've tried searching and am not finding anything specific enough to my needs.

I'm using a portable car jump starter pack to power an RC BB-8 droid I've built. Everything works great but it's a pain to find out what the current battery voltage is.

I've got an Archer R8 Pro receiver in the droid and I'm using a Taranis X9D 2019 transmitter. It has an AIN2 pin on the SMART port and I've seen at least one video using that but I cannot find any reference to it in OpenTX or the transmitter itself. The video led me to believe I could wire up the +12V line to that pin and that would be it.

Other option would be to use a dedicated battery sensor which plugs in to the SMART port on the Rx. I have no problem getting one of these but my battery doesn't have a balance charger pin, whether or not that's an issue.

Thanks for the help!

Kilrah

Re: Help with voltage telemetry for non LiPo batteries and the AIN2 port - Archer R8 Pro and Taranis X9D

Post by Kilrah »

Yes you can connect battery voltage up to 36V straight to AIN2, then discover sensors on the radio and should be getting something.
tonnie78

Re: Help with voltage telemetry for non LiPo batteries and the AIN2 port - Archer R8 Pro and Taranis X9D

Post by tonnie78 »

Just reading this. So your saying the AIN2 can take voltages upto 36V directly.

Kilrah

Post by Kilrah »

That's what the manual says.
circuitBurn

Post by circuitBurn »

Thanks for the help! "Discover sensors" found it and I just had to match the voltage correctly.

tonnie78

Re: RE: Re: Help with voltage telemetry for non LiPo batteries and the AIN2 port - Archer R8 Pro and Taranis X9D

Post by tonnie78 »

Kilrah wrote:That's what the manual says.
I couldn't find it in the manual for the GRX8R
Kilrah

Post by Kilrah »

I'm not aware of that being a model that exists, there's a G-RX8 and an RX8R, but...
tonnie78

Post by tonnie78 »

Sorry I ment the GRX8

Return to “Hardware”