DSM Output Range on Multi Module - Open TX

openTx has introduced a range of new features, ideas and bling. It is fast becoming the firmware of choice for many users. openTx will run on ALL current hardware platforms, including the gruvin9x and sky9x boards. Work has already started to support the new FrSky X9D radio!
fabo137

DSM Output Range on Multi Module - Open TX

Post by fabo137 »

Dear All

I'm quite new in OpenTx and have a Radiomaster TX16s with the Multi Module inside.
In the past I was used to SPEKTRUM senders but decided to switch to the Open World :=)

So basically I'm more then happy with all that stuff but have some question regarding the configuration especially regarding the documentation which is quite confusing me.

So let's start from the scratch. So what i've done so far is programmed by TX16s for my Helicopter which has a SPEKTRUM Receiver with DSMx

So from the doc of the Multi Module I understood that the Module is automatically remapping the receiver Output to the Spektrum standard throw, so 1100µs to 1900µs.
See: https://www.multi-module.org/using-the- ... etails/dsm

However when I am on the output screen on my TX16s it shows me an output Range of 988µs to 2012µs. So is that really what the MultiModule is sending out? Or is this value converted to 1100µs to 1900µs..

If the screen shows the truth, I would have to set the max outputs to 78%:::
So the target range of 1100µs to 1900µs. by setting the max output value on the OUTPUTS screen to 78%.

So what is sent out now? The values shown on the screen e.g. 2012us or a "behind the scene" converted value?

I'm asking this because its hard to set the gyro values because if i want to set it to 65% (SPEKTRUM VALUE) I need to exactly now whats going out of the sender, because for instance with 65% Gyro value on SPEKTRUM i would need --> (Spektrum x 2 - 100)/1.25 so 37.5% or so.

Best Regards, Fabo

Kilrah

Re: DSM Output Range on Multi Module - Open TX

Post by Kilrah »

fabo137 wrote: Tue Feb 09, 2021 10:12 am However when I am on the output screen on my TX16s it shows me an output Range of 988µs to 2012µs. So is that really what the MultiModule is sending out? Or is this value converted to 1100µs to 1900µs..
The radio puts out 988-2012, but the module then scales it down to 1100-1900 unless you tick "Enable max throws" in the module settings.
fabo137

Post by fabo137 »

So basically Enable Max Throws is taking care that the module is really sending out what the radio is providing? So with enable Max Throws i will have no downscaling and the module sends what its getting?

Actually i need to come over 1900 to enable the SAFE option on my helicopter which requires 125% SPEKTRUM value. But when Max Throw is enabled that means that i have to take care myself that other channel values are not going over 1900, so reducing to 78% output for instance.

Is that correct?

Many thanks.

Fabo
Kilrah

Post by Kilrah »

Correct.

There are many specific things to DSM, see the module doc.
https://www.multi-module.org/using-the- ... etails/dsm

Return to “openTx”