OpenTX on Jumper T8SG v3 series

Cant get your radio to work? General Hardware issues?
propnut

OpenTX on Jumper T8SG v3 series

Post by propnut »

Hi guys

The newer variants of Jumper and RadioMaster T8/TX8 seem to use the exact same motherborad as the T12. It is even marked as such on the board. Has anyone successfully replaced DeviationTX with OpenTX on one of these ?

Thanks

Kilrah

Re: OpenTX on Jumper T8SG v3 series

Post by Kilrah »

Maybe post where you got that info from? AFAIK the Devo radios use smaller chips that don't have enough memory for OpenTX, and drive the RF chips directly instead of through a separate proccessor.
propnut

Post by propnut »

Actually I was looking at what was printed on the MB of my T12 which says T8SG-OPEN-TX V1 but now opening up my brand new TX8 I see they use different MCU's

The TX8 uses an STM32F103RE with 512K Flash 64K RAM whereas the T12 uses an STM32F205VE with 512K flash and 128K RAM

However these are NOT Devo radio's they are Jumper/RadioMaster. Now I know the original Jumper T8SG was a clone of the Devo 7e but AFAIK they have moved on and from what I can see although the TX8 has an internal module is wired to the same pins as the external module.

I do have a brand new T12 Pro on the way so can compare when that one comes. The new T12Pro also has an internal 4in1 module but runs OpenTX so will be interesting to see the differences between that and the TX8. My current T12 is 2 years old.
Kilrah

Post by Kilrah »

By Devo I meant running Deviation, not the Walkera Devo series.

The T12 uses an F205.
propnut

Post by propnut »

Would the F103 be a candidate for ER9X ?

MikeB
9x Developer

Post by MikeB »

Since I have a port for the 'F103 (512K flash, 64K RAM), it may be possible, but I would need a circuit diagram, to see all the connections, then I would also probably need an actual Tx to be able to test. Since the existing port is to a radio that has it's own bootloader, I would also have to look in to porting that as well.
Does the TX8 include a USB connection?

Mike
erskyTx/er9x developer
The difficult we do immediately,
The impossible takes a little longer!
propnut

Post by propnut »

Hi Mike

Yes it has a USB-C connector at the top.

Return to “Hardware”