Update versions for TGY9X

er9x is the best known firmware. It has a superb range of features and is well supported by the community. Well worth trying out.
propnut

Update versions for TGY9X

Post by propnut »

Hi

I am currently running ver 822 and was wondering if there are any plans for a further update to support more of the newer protocols on the MP module. As it stands right now up to protocol #39 I get a protocol name, after that I just get a number which is meaningless.On my T12 I have all 67 named. I appreciate that Er9X is best effort so this is just a query.

Thanks

MikeB
9x Developer

Re: Update versions for TGY9X

Post by MikeB »

Do you have a M64 or a M128 processor on your 9X?
Have you done the telemetry mod?
Do you have the voice mod done?
Have you tried the R822o test version I posted last month?

Mike
erskyTx/er9x developer
The difficult we do immediately,
The impossible takes a little longer!
rcnobel

Post by rcnobel »

propnut wrote: Sat Jun 27, 2020 1:15 pm Hi

I am currently running ver 822 and was wondering if there are any plans for a further update to support more of the newer protocols on the MP module. As it stands right now up to protocol #39 I get a protocol name, after that I just get a number which is meaningless.On my T12 I have all 67 named. I appreciate that Er9X is best effort so this is just a query.

Thanks
Hello sr.
i have the same transmitter with er9x-pqr822 Mod FRSKY 128 and i am getting 69 protocols showing names. 27,63 65 are unamed
and from 73 up to 128 are just numbers. Getting all the new protocols .
Bye
propnut

Post by propnut »

Hi Mike

No where do I find that image. When I go to your Er9X page I only see rev 821.

I have one of the newer 128 9X's

Also sorry no, I have no need of voice or telemetry for this radio so haven't done those mods.

Thanks
MikeB
9x Developer

Post by MikeB »

Test versions are here: https://openrcforums.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=4598
While called test versions, they are normally fully OK. Just occasionally one has something that needs more careful testing. The description with such versions will make this clear.
You want "er9xProv822q.zip", then extract and flash "er9x-128.hex". As usual, it is always a good idea to back up your EEPROM (and possibly your flash) before any update.
The multi-protocol module uses the telemetry signal to send the firmware revision, AND the name of the currently selected protocol. This version of er9x uses the name sent for display, but will display the name it has if it doesn't receive one. This means the list of names is "frozen" at firmware release time unless you have the telemetry mod. With the telemetry mod, any new protocols added to the module will automatically be obtained from the module.

Mike
erskyTx/er9x developer
The difficult we do immediately,
The impossible takes a little longer!

propnut

Post by propnut »

Thanks Mike. I did not know that about the module. I will set about looking at the Telemetry mod.

Cheers

Return to “er9x”