Problems upgrading Turnigy 9X to ER9X

Help with any software/desktop related issues. e.g. companion9x, eePe, etc
SkyWalter

Problems upgrading Turnigy 9X to ER9X

Post by SkyWalter »

I am just starting to upgrade Turnigy 9X to ER9X and running into problems. I have the hardware mods completed and the USBasp driver looks OK. When I use Companion 2.3 to write the ER9X hex file to the transmitter, it shows that sam-ba.exe not found. Also, I have a solid red light on my usbasp programmer stick. (Not sure if that is correct). Could someone please help me a little here?

jhsa

Re: Problems upgrading Turnigy 9X to ER9X

Post by jhsa »

Do not use companion to flash Er9x. Use "eepe".
Samba shoud not be used to flash this chip.

Go to www.er9x.com and download the Er9x firmware for your radio, as well as eepe. Install eepe, then use it to flash the firmware to the radio.

João

My er9x/Ersky9x/eepskye Video Tutorials
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL5uJhoD7sAKidZmkhMpYpp_qcuIqJXhb9

Donate to Er9x/Ersky9x:
https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_s-xclick&hosted_button_id=YHX43JR3J7XGW
SkyWalter

Post by SkyWalter »

Joao, WOW! Thank you very much for that info. Eepe made it easy for me. I now have ER9X Pilot installed on my Turnigy 9X. Now on to the next challenge of setting up the transmitter to control my NAZA-M V2. Everything is new to me of course with ER9X. Perhaps there is a model I could use to get me started. Joao ... your help much appreciated.
jhsa

Post by jhsa »

I don't really use many flight controllers but most of them just use a basic model with some switches on a channel or two to control the so called flight modes..
First you need to find out what settings your NAZA flight controller needs from the radio..

João

Donate to Er9x/Ersky9x:
https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_s-xclick&hosted_button_id=YHX43JR3J7XGW
SkyWalter

Post by SkyWalter »

I am currently reading the ER9X Manual which is a good start. I really would like to find a basic model for the Turnigy ER9X to use with the NAZA-M V2 controller. Not seeing much on the Internet. Help from anyone on this would be greatly appreciated.

jhsa

Post by jhsa »

Please tell us what the controller needs from the radio. What is each channel supposed to do? I want to help you but i don't use that flight controller

João

Donate to Er9x/Ersky9x:
SkyWalter

Post by SkyWalter »

Hi, I already programmed Ch 1,2,3,4 for A,E,T,R to match the NAZA-M Controller. That works great! Now I am having problems configuring the 3-way switch. I wish to to make CH 6 ID0, ID1 and ID2 to match GPS, ATTI and MAN in that order. MIXER: (Source ? ) (Weight 100) (Offset 0 ) (Fix Offset ?) (Use Output ?) (Trim ?) (Curve ?) (Switch ???)
jhsa

Post by jhsa »

Just try using IDx as source. That should do it.

João

Donate to Er9x/Ersky9x:
SkyWalter

Post by SkyWalter »

All completed. Thank you everyone for your help.
SkyWalter

Post by SkyWalter »

I installed an additional 3-way switch on my Turnigy 9x (Now er9x) and swapped the wiring from the P1 to my 3-way switch. I added two resistors per instructions. It appears to be working OK except I have to set up the mixers. The original 3-way switch at Aux 3 has ID0, ID1, ID2 which makes it easy to configure. P1 does not have that. Anyone familiar with how to set up the 3 positions? I will be using it for IOC on NAZA-M V2 to control Course Lock and Homelock.
MikeB
9x Developer

Post by MikeB »

P1 is still appearing as a POT. Just set the source of a mix to P1, then the mix input will be -100%, 0% and +100%.
Then either use the weight, offset and diff to set the output positions or use a curve.

Mike
erskyTx/er9x developer
The difficult we do immediately,
The impossible takes a little longer!
SkyWalter

Post by SkyWalter »

Thanks for the reply Mike. No problem setting the source to P1 or assigning different weights. But if the Source remains as P1, where do I assign the inputs (-100, 0 100)? I am using CH7. Do I insert two more mixes on CH7 to identify each position of the switch and set to "Replace"? Perhaps not. I am not clear on what shows the position of the switch. Right now my 3-way toggle switch moves the pointer to 3 different locations but I am not clear on exactly how to get it to move to Homelock, Courselock and OFF. This one is puzzling for me.
MikeB
9x Developer

Post by MikeB »

While you have fitted a switch, the firmware still "thinks" it is a pot.
What should CH7 send for those three settings?
Easiest thing to do is use a curve, put the switch (pot P1) into one position and adjust the curve for the required output, then repeat for the other two positions.

Mike
erskyTx/er9x developer
SkyWalter

Post by SkyWalter »

What you are suggesting with the curve makes sense to me. I think that should work. Then I will not have to insert additional mixers into CH7. I have not worked on curves. Now I have some reading to do. I do not understand your question about what CH7 should send to these 3 settings. As you can see I am new to this. Thanks
MikeB
9x Developer

Post by MikeB »

I don't have/use a NAZA-M V2 controller. What does that controller need to "see" to set Homelock and Courselock?

Mike
erskyTx/er9x developer
SkyWalter

Post by SkyWalter »

Below I pasted the instructions from the Controller (NAZA-M V2) Software Assistant:
------------------------------------
Intelligent Orientation Control
"IOC Setting Procedure
Please choose a 3-positions switch on your transmitter as IOC switch, which is also used for recording the multi-rotor orientation or home position.
Make sure to connect the correct receiver channel to X2 port of MC.
Click the CheckBox to enable the IOC.
Select control mode options.
Toggle the IOC switch to move the cursor of X2 to turn the corresponding area blue respectively."
-----------------------------------
I am using Turnigy's original 3 way switch to control flight modes. (GPS, ATTI & Manual). So I installed another 3-way switch by swapping with P1. As I mentioned above, the new 3-way switch works OK with Source as P1. But I cannot change the weight properly for the pointer to go to each position. (Position 1 for Homelock, Position 2 for Courselock, Position 3 for Off). The original 3-way switch recognizes 3 diff positions as ID0, ID1 & ID2.
Curve maybe the solution.
Kilrah

Post by Kilrah »

Or end point and subtrim.
SkyWalter

Post by SkyWalter »

I was successful in setting up Homelock, Courselock and Off (IOC) using my additional 3-way switch on Turnigy ER9X. The "CURVE" feature made it real easy.
MikeB ... Thank you all your replies to help me and I appreciated your input. You appear to be the expert on ER9X.
Thanks to Kilrah and all for the suggestions.

Return to “Software”