Something like Multichannel

openTx has introduced a range of new features, ideas and bling. It is fast becoming the firmware of choice for many users. openTx will run on ALL current hardware platforms, including the gruvin9x and sky9x boards. Work has already started to support the new FrSky X9D radio!
wilopaan

Something like Multichannel

Post by wilopaan »

Hello all,

I'm totally new to OpenTX, and as a ship model builder I wonder if there is something like "multichannel" as supported by Graupner/SJ-Hott TX/RX systems. Multichannel means, that 8/16 switch positions are encoded into one prop channel. In this mode two long ppm pulses (as sync) and then the 8-switch positions are encoded.

Any hints?

wilopaan

Re: Something like Multichannel

Post by wilopaan »

Really no expert advice?
lshems

Re: RE: Re: Something like Multichannel

Post by lshems »

wilopaan wrote:Really no expert advice?
Ok. This makes more sense than your other post.

It sounds like impossible with lua. But opentx allows up to 16 channels on sbus, if I'm correct. There are sbus decoders available. And you can add a module to get 32 sbus channels.
tonnie78

Post by tonnie78 »

I also do not see the added value of creating a multimodule functionality in OpenTx.

First of all, because there already is an option for 32 channels, but also I think if you would want to expand with external modules then I would suggest using the Sport telemetry link to transmit the additional datastream instead of mixing multiple values on one channel.

MikeB
9x Developer

Post by MikeB »

The problem is openTx (and erskyTx) don't have direct control of the RF link. They send control data to whatever Tx module you are using and the receiver then generates the servo pulses that may include SBUS. The SBUS data may be output twice as often as "normal" servo pulses.

Assuming what you are actually looking for is many on/off outputs at the receiver, perhaps have a look at here: https://openrcforums.com/forum/viewtopi ... =84&t=7299.

Mike
erskyTx/er9x developer
The difficult we do immediately,
The impossible takes a little longer!

wilopaan

Post by wilopaan »

tonnie78 wrote: Tue Mar 03, 2020 6:38 am I also do not see the added value of creating a multimodule functionality in OpenTx.

First of all, because there already is an option for 32 channels, but also I think if you would want to expand with external modules then I would suggest using the Sport telemetry link to transmit the additional datastream instead of mixing multiple values on one channel.
Is it possible to receive 32Channels with a FlySky-Ia6b receiver? And output these channel via IBUS-protocol?
wilopaan

Post by wilopaan »

MikeB wrote: Tue Mar 03, 2020 9:47 am The problem is openTx (and erskyTx) don't have direct control of the RF link. They send control data to whatever Tx module you are using and the receiver then generates the servo pulses that may include SBUS. The SBUS data may be output twice as often as "normal" servo pulses.
Ok, thank you. That clearifies all. So, there is no sync between the OpenTX and the RF-module, that generates the effective data-stream to the RX?
wilopaan

Post by wilopaan »

I assume, the switches of the TX are digital monitored, so there is no noise by an analog sampling or so. Then it should be possible to mix the switches togethher to produce a mixer-output that is easy to decode on the receiver side, when the channel output is digital via IBUS/SBUS.

For three 3-way switches to encode there a 81 distinct values to generate, for four 3-way switches it would be 243 values. Sounds possible, I think.
lshems

Post by lshems »

wilopaan wrote:I assume, the switches of the TX are digital monitored, so there is no noise by an analog sampling or so. Then it should be possible to mix the switches togethher to produce a mixer-output that is easy to decode on the receiver side, when the channel output is digital via IBUS/SBUS.

For three 3-way switches to encode there a 81 distinct values to generate, for four 3-way switches it would be 243 values. Sounds possible, I think.
Build your own switches on receiver side by a multiposition physical turn switch linked to a servo.
wilopaan

Post by wilopaan »

lshems wrote: Tue Mar 03, 2020 5:02 pm
wilopaan wrote:I assume, the switches of the TX are digital monitored, so there is no noise by an analog sampling or so. Then it should be possible to mix the switches togethher to produce a mixer-output that is easy to decode on the receiver side, when the channel output is digital via IBUS/SBUS.

Build your own switches on receiver side by a multiposition physical turn switch linked to a servo.
Thats a good joke!

I prefer the µC + MosFet variant ...
MikeB
9x Developer

Post by MikeB »

wilopaan wrote: Tue Mar 03, 2020 4:47 pmFor three 3-way switches to encode there a 81 distinct values to generate, for four 3-way switches it would be 243 values. Sounds possible, I think.
I make it one 3-way switch needs 3 values, two 3-way switches need 9 values, three 3-way switches need 27 values and four 3-way switches need 81 values.

Mike
erskyTx/er9x developer
The difficult we do immediately,
The impossible takes a little longer!
wilopaan

Post by wilopaan »

MikeB wrote: Tue Mar 03, 2020 10:16 pm
wilopaan wrote: Tue Mar 03, 2020 4:47 pmFor three 3-way switches to encode there a 81 distinct values to generate, for four 3-way switches it would be 243 values. Sounds possible, I think.
I make it one 3-way switch needs 3 values, two 3-way switches need 9 values, three 3-way switches need 27 values and four 3-way switches need 81 values.

Mike
Oh, yes: you're right.

Is the assumption right, that the switches are digital (not analog) sampled?
Kilrah

Post by Kilrah »

Correct.

Return to “openTx”