FAA Unmanned Aircraft Systems Registration 2015 (FAA registrations are reinstated 2018)

General Information & Rules
bob195558

Re: FAA (USA) Unmanned Aircraft Systems Registration 2015 (FAA registrations are reinstated 2018)

Post by bob195558 »

Just received new information from the FAA (USA) Unmanned Aircraft Systems

Attention # Drone Pilots – Read This - Exciting Updates to the Low Altitude Authorization and Notification Capability

The Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) today announced two important expansions of the Low Altitude Authorization and Capability (LAANC), which automates the application and approval process for drone pilots to obtain airspace authorizations in controlled airspace.

The capability is now active at Baltimore/Washington International Thurgood Marshall Airport, Dulles International Airport, William P. Hobby Airport in Houston and Newark Liberty International Airport. A full list of airports covered by LAANC is available on our website.

Seven additional companies have been approved by the FAA to provide LAANC services.

LAANC directly supports the safe integration of UAS into the nation’s airspace, expedites the time it takes for drone pilots to receive authorizations to fly under 400 feet in controlled airspace. LAANC also provides pilots with an awareness of where they can and cannot fly.

The program is accessible to all pilots who operate under the FAA’s small drone rule (Part 107)
and was expanded in July to provide near real-time airspace authorizations to recreational flyers.

LAANC provides airspace authorizations only.
Pilots must still check NOTAMs and weather conditions before they fly.
Last edited by bob195558 on Fri Jun 19, 2020 7:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Er9x on 9x radio, with Smartieparts Programmer and TelemetrEZ Board.
ErSky9x on Taranis, Sky9x, 9Xtreme radios.
3D-Printing: (https://openrcforums.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=129).

bob195558

Re: FAA Unmanned Aircraft Systems Registration 2015 (FAA registrations are reinstated 2018)

Post by bob195558 »

New info receiver after Christmas from Federal Aviation Administration.
Federal Aviation Administration_12 26 2019.jpg
The FAA’s Remote ID Proposal for Drones is Here !

We want YOU to read and comment on the Remote ID Proposal

Get ready for the next exciting step in safe drone integration!
The Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) has issued the proposed rule for remote identification of drones.

With nearly 1.5 million drones and 155,000 remote pilots registered with the FAA,
the ability to provide identification and location is essential to keeping drones safely separated
from other aircraft operating in our airspace.

We encourage drone enthusiasts, and anyone interested in aviation safety,
to read our Notice of Proposed Rulemaking now in the Federal Register.

In the next few days, a 60-day comment period will open to receive your feedback which can help us
develop a final rule that enhances safety and security in our nation’s skies.
“Drones are the fastest growing segment of transportation in our nation
and it is vitally important that they are safely integrated into the national airspace,”
said U.S. Transportation Secretary Elaine L. Chao.

“As a pilot, my eye is always on safety first,” said FAA Administrator Steve Dickson.
“Safety is a joint responsibility between government, pilots, the drone community,
the general public and many others who make our nation so creative and innovative.”

Equipping drones with remote identification technologies would build on previous steps taken by the FAA
and the UAS industry to safely integrate operations, including the small UAS rule, which covers drones
weighing less than 55 pounds other than model aircraft, and the Low Altitude Authorization
and Notification Capability (LAANC), which automates the application
and approval process for drone operators to obtain airspace authorizations.

These efforts are the foundation for more complex operations, such as beyond visual line of sight at low altitudes,
as we move toward a traffic management ecosystem for drone flights separate from,
but complementary to, our air traffic management system.

The proposed Remote I.D. rule would apply to all drones that are required to register with the FAA
(recreational drones weighing under 0.55 pounds are not required to register),
as well as to people who operate foreign civil drone in the United States.

Federal Aviation Administration__12 26 2019.jpg
bob195558

Re: FAA Unmanned Aircraft Systems Registration 2015 (FAA registrations are reinstated 2018)

Post by bob195558 »

Email from Aloft Hobbies

LET ME BE CLEAR:
The FAA's proposed Remote ID will decimate the RC Model Hobby

If you are like me and love flying remotely controlled aircraft,
or would like to see the hobby continue to be an affordable and enjoyable,
or just want to see its educational value continue for future generations,
then you need to take action right now.

The Notice of Proposed Rulemaking (NPRM) not only makes it nearly impossible for some to fly,
it will also make it very expensive for those that try.
The requirements for the manufacturer's to meet these requirements are so complex
that they financially threaten the model aviation industry.
The requirements in many ways are beyond what a licensed pilot is required to do to fly a full scale aircraft.

When it comes to flying at approved fields, you basically have one chance to get your field approved,
after that no new fields can be approved,
but existing fields can be removed.
The FAA does not want to get into the workload of approving fields,
so they simply will not.
Ultimately this looks like a method to end the hobby in its tracks.

I would like to share an article by our good friend Scott Page that he wrote about this threat from the FAA:
The FAA published their plan requiring broadcast from all aircraft weighing over 250 grams (0.55 pounds) on Dec 31.
Don't be misled by the term œdrone in the NPRM. The FAA uses the term œdrone to apply to all Unmanned Aircraft Systems(UAS),
this includes everything we fly via remote control and may even include free flight and control line.

Once one dives into the 319 page NPRM in depth it details how the FAA is proposing to progressively annihilate the hobby.
This NPRM proposes to make it illegal for a landowner to fly over their own land in the short term, and eventually eliminate model flying fields. There are many many levels of concern. Grouping Line of Sight (LOS) modeling in with the regulations of Beyond Visual Line Of Sight (BVLOS) operations is a one size fits all solution that is inappropriate.
Making it impossible to establish new flying fields,
or even move an existing club flying field to a new location
is well beyond what Congress mandated in the FAA reauthorization act of 2018.

It's seriously imperative that all interested reach out to the FAA and to all elected representatives.

This NPRM is ONLY open for public comment until March 2.
The AMA, AOPA (Aircraft Owners and Pilots Association),
and EAA (Experimental Aircraft Association) as well as others petitioned in vain for an extension to the comment period.
In response to the requests the FAA replied on January 28:

œ...the need for remote identification of UAS increasingly has become important as new public safety
and national security concerns arise regarding the use of UAS.
Accordingly, the FAA has determined that any extension of the comment period,
and the subsequent delays in promulgation of a final rule implementing remote identification of UAS,
would not be consistent with the safety and security objectives of the proposed rule.
Therefore, your request to extend the comment period for the Remote Identification of Unmanned Aircraft Systems NPRM is denied.
The comment period for the NPRM closes on Monday, March 2, 2020.

Sorry, this just doesn't compute.
When ALL of the MAJOR aviation associations are asking for an extension, why aren't they listening ?

Hey, why are all of the major aviation associations siding with the RC Model Hobby ?
Because they know the majority of their members started right here in the hobby,
and many are still very active.
Maybe the FAA just doesn't understand how much education comes from these models.
Maybe they don't understand that the majority of pilots and aviation professionals started off flying RC planes ?
Maybe they don't care about STEM programs and the promise they have for the nation ?

We need your help to fight this !

It isn't too late to fight this!
We have some strong associations fighting for us but we need you more than anything!
The FAA is very focused on National Security, it is not a Line Of Sight (LOS) vs First Person View (FPV) fight, or a hobbyist vs commercial fight like some initially thought.
Congress wants the FAA to be able to identify our models to assess risk of an attack.

The EAA (Experimental Aircraft Association) has a great track record of working with the FAA
and getting big changes for the betterment of aviation.
They know what works and what doesn't work, and they are suggesting:

"When you do comment (on this NPRM), please be respectful and use rational, fact-driven arguments in your own words.
Form letters and emotional comments have much less impact on the regulatory process."

Spend a little time and write your own message it does not need to be a long and wordy novel,
do what seems right from your point of view.
That is the best thing we can do at this time.
And please consider sharing information about this subject with your friends
and get them to send in some comments.
If the FAA does not hear from us, then they will move forward and bulldoze this wonderful hobby.

RC modelers have been happily sharing the airspace for 70 years now
and we have an excellent track record.
We should not be turned into outlaws.

Submit your Formal Comment with the FAA
or Visit AMA's Comment Templates page.

Please
jhsa

Post by jhsa »

This is ridicous, they should make a distinction between drones and model aircraft flown line of slight. :(
Make altitude restrictions for drones but not for model aircraft, unless close to airfields..
Special rules for all model aircraft not flown in proper places, like club fields.

João
My er9x/Ersky9x/eepskye Video Tutorials
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL5uJhoD7sAKidZmkhMpYpp_qcuIqJXhb9

Donate to Er9x/Ersky9x:
https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_s-xclick&hosted_button_id=YHX43JR3J7XGW
antlerhanger

Post by antlerhanger »

Agreed . I fly on my ranch with my own landing field . I am at least one mile from any road , house or anything ( except cows ). No airport within 60 miles ..And they want to restrict me ..I do see contrails from aircraft at 30,000 feet .. Hmm don't think I fly that high . Anyway it's stupid . :twisted:

Allen

jhsa

Post by jhsa »

yeah, but when there are aircraft flying lower we must watch and stay out of the way.. That is easy with normal model aircraft, but not with drones. that is why i suggested different laws for model aircraft and drones. THEY ARE NOT THE SAME. I don't agree that drones came up to f*** it all for us. everything was fine until this drone s*** came up.. Only because some stupid people do not care about model flying rules, and fly in places where they should not fly. I have seen videos of a******es flying in the same airspace as normal airline planes use for landing and take off.
I did comment on his video warning for that, and the a*****le replied saying that the planes land the other way. wHAT he forget is that if the planes land the other way, they will take off exactly where he was with his s**t drone- This is what I am against, and it is this behavior that bring stupid laws like the one we are discussing now. I am an airplane pilot and an RC model flyer, and i know what I am talking about.
Few years ago, we had to belong to a club to be able to fly model aircraft. Today, anyone has access to this kind of aircraft, and they have no idea of what they are doing :(
before we never had problems with real aviation. actually, we flow models in normal airfields, synchronized with the normal air trafic, without a single problem. this is not possible anymore.
What i want is that the drones be separate from normal model aircraft.. and rules made fror the drones. Model aircraft do not harm anyone..

João

Donate to Er9x/Ersky9x:
https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_s-xclick&hosted_button_id=YHX43JR3J7XGW
antlerhanger

Post by antlerhanger »

Yes they need to be separated ..Drones have caused all the problems ..Model aircraft flew for decades..NO PROBLEM..These people buy the drones and can fly them without any skill and do stupid things (not all) ,,It only takes a few idiots and that is what gets attention . I laugh and want to puke every time I read a person saying they bought a drone and now they are a experienced drone pilot . I let one of these guys try to fly a plane , crashed on takeoff ..I have been flying since 1978 and I still learn new stuff all the time . And now they want to place restrictions on me flying on a rather large ranch in the middle of nowhere Oklahoma . B*ll SH**

Allen
Kilrah

Post by Kilrah »

jhsa wrote: Sun Feb 02, 2020 2:41 am yeah, but when there are aircraft flying lower we must watch and stay out of the way.. That is easy with normal model aircraft, but not with drones. that is why i suggested different laws for model aircraft and drones.
It's just as easy with drones since legally you already cannot fly them any differently than you do with your model aircraft, hence why they're considered the same. The problem isn't the aircraft type, it's people...
jhsa

Post by jhsa »

Kilrah, no.. model aircraft are flown line of sight. Drones aren't.
Are you telling me that it is as easier to see and hear an approaching aircraft when you are looking through camera and goggles?
No, it is not the same. My club's field is not that far from an airfield. We fly very big gliders there, I am talking about 6, 7 meters wing span, towed by big petrol powered models. If we spot and hear an aircraft approaching the field, we easily move out of the way. Also, real aircraft that fly in that area are aware of the different model fields. It has been like this for years.

When flying a drone, no way you have the same field of view as someone on the ground looking at the sky.
I was an airplane pilot, and I know very well that while up there it is sometimes difficult to spot other aircraft. So no, it is not as easier. Drones should not be considered model aircraft. And this is what REAL model flyers must tell those idiots that make the laws..

João

Donate to Er9x/Ersky9x:
Kilrah

Post by Kilrah »

jhsa wrote: Sun Feb 02, 2020 11:39 am Kilrah, no.. model aircraft are flown line of sight. Drones aren't.
Are you telling me that it is as easier to see and hear an approaching aircraft when you are looking through camera and goggles?
But you're not allowed to fly through the camera and goggles in most places or only with another person looking at the aircraft, people who fly alone with goggles are already operating illegally...
That's the point, if you operate a drone legally you have the exact same limits as other model aircraft.
jhsa

Post by jhsa »

Still, they should separate them in my opinion. Drones are drones and model aircraft are model aircraft. And as such they should have different regulation. If this hasn't been mixed from the beginning, we wouldn't be having this discussion. What I know is that the model aircraft hobby has seen so many restrictions since every idiot thinks he/she is a pilot because he can fly a drone using some camera and goggles. It takes a lot more to be a pilot than just that. So if the drone flyers want to be pilots, they should take a pilot's license, have radio communication to air trafic control, and theur drones should be equiped with transponder.
But please leave model aircraft flyers alone.
Now, they could make exceptions. When the drones are flown inside the perimeter of a club's field no need for such equipment. This would cover drone racing for example, which I think it is a good hobby.

João

Donate to Er9x/Ersky9x:
antlerhanger

Post by antlerhanger »

Kilrah wrote: Sun Feb 02, 2020 3:39 pm
jhsa wrote: Sun Feb 02, 2020 11:39 am Kilrah, no.. model aircraft are flown line of sight. Drones aren't.
But you're not allowed to fly through the camera and goggles in most places or only with another person looking at the aircraft, people who fly alone with goggles are already operating illegally...
That's the point, if you operate a drone legally you have the exact same limits as other model aircraft.
That's the biggest problem..They buy their drone , Slap on goggles and fly, with little to no experience in some cases...Anywhere they want to..Without thinking about laws . Over people , around people , State and national parks , Busy places.. With fixed wings I really can't do that (yes it is technically possible) . I need a place to takeoff and land . It is a people problem for sure . The current drone technology is just asking for trouble..Makes it to easy for someone with no experience to just grab and go..These things are not toys.

Allen
The Okie that probably shouldn't have an opinion :? 8-)
jhsa

Post by jhsa »

antlerhanger wrote: Sun Feb 02, 2020 4:47 pm
The Okie that probably shouldn't have an opinion :? 8-)
You should, and you must have an opinion, and you should share it. Specially because they want to apply that stupid law in your country.

João

Donate to Er9x/Ersky9x:
bob195558

Post by bob195558 »

New Email from Aloft Hobbies (February 19, 2020 About: FAA shutting down our hobby)
Email from Aloft Hobbies.jpg
Subject:We need your help! - FAA's threat to our hobby.

We are running out of time
to save our aviation hobbies!

I'm sorry to bug you again with this FAA threat,
but it is REALLY going to be bad.
Their plan is very poorly thought out and WILL kill all forms of model aviation.

Our best chance to fight this is to tell the FAA that we do not support this NPRM and state a few simple reasons why.
Don't get angry with them, simply state your reasoning.
It does not need to be a huge comment.
Also, you can leave more than one comment,
if you think of something else to share with them.

You can leave a comment in just a couple of minutes.
It is not a long drawn out process.
You've spent more time trying to get glue off your fingers.

I have talked with many customers
and I am amazed at how few have not commented.
Some plan to do it "soon" and others think it a waste of time.
Well, we are RUNNING out of time,
and this is the best tool we have to fight this.
If the FAA does not hear from you
they will assume YOU ARE OK WITH IT
and move forward with the plan.
Don't let this happen !

Submit your Formal Comment with the FAA

Please Act Now !
bob195558

FAA Recreational Flyer Registration Extended to Dec. 12, 2020

Post by bob195558 »

Another FAA Email Received
Note: Click on photo to enlarge.
FAA Recreational Flyer Registration.jpg
Also see here for more info: https://faadronezone.faa.gov/
bob195558

Post by bob195558 »

Most everyone, I believe, will NOT be registering under "Part 107".
What is Part 107 ?
See here for info about "Part 107": https://www.faa.gov/search/?q=what+is+P ... mit=Search
Last edited by bob195558 on Fri Mar 13, 2020 2:28 pm, edited 2 times in total.
bob195558

Post by bob195558 »

So I believe, most everyone will be registering as a,
"I need to register a drone under The Exception for Recreational Flyers"

See here for more info: https://www.faa.gov/uas/recreational_fliers/
bob195558

Re: FAA Unmanned Aircraft Systems COVID-19

Post by bob195558 »

Facebook video from the "Federal Aviation Administration" about COVID-19:
https://www.facebook.com/FAA/videos/2844500895630296/

World Wide Data March 28 2020
COVID 19_March 28 2020.jpg

newer data here: https://www.accuweather.com/en/us/national/covid-19
Last edited by bob195558 on Tue Mar 31, 2020 11:05 am, edited 2 times in total.
jhsa

Post by jhsa »

Here you can see the real numbers :(

https://ncov2019.live/

João

Donate to Er9x/Ersky9x:
bob195558

Post by bob195558 »

COVID 19_c.jpg
Yellow dots are 1 to 10 infected.
Red dots are about 11 to 50 infected.
Brown dots are 101 and up infected.

Also see:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pv_e7s0 ... 7efFyyVpf8

Little update here:
Facebook video of Dr Dan Erickson of accelerated Urgent Care regardingthe county's response to COVID-19,
23ABC Bakersfield:
https://www.facebook.com/23ABCBakersfie ... 844807563/
bob195558

New FAA Email "Recreational Flyer Registration Renewals"

Post by bob195558 »

Today, June 19, 2020 received a new E-mail from FAA, titled: Recreational Flyer Registration Renewals.
Click on this photo to zoom in (several times) if needed;
Recreational Flyer Registration Renewals
Recreational Flyer Registration Renewals

More info in the link below:
https://faadronezone.faa.gov/

Return to “General Information & Rules”