Companion 2.3.4 Log viewer query

Help with any software/desktop related issues. e.g. companion9x, eePe, etc
gastolectric

Companion 2.3.4 Log viewer query

Post by gastolectric »

I can't seem to find previous discussion on this topic:

When log viewer opens a *.csv file generated and stored in the LOGS folder it is able to interpret (and separate) the various flight logs recorded in a single day and with "Fly sessions" one can select the individual flight to view its data.

What I have found is that if I open the *.csv file in Excel, manipulate the data by say removing a segment and using that to create a new *.csv file with only that sample of data (ie. selecting certain consecutive rows, but keeping all columns intact) then trying to read the new file in log viewer results in 'x' number of "Fly sessions" where 'x' is the number of rows of data in the *.csv file and they are all interpreted as having 0.00sec of flight time. Consequently log viewer does not show the graphical representation of this data.

So my question is, how is the *.csv file 'coded' for log viewer to determine what constitutes a 'fly session' and is it possible to emulate this when generating a *.csv file that is not recorded directly by the radio's telemetry system?

Cheers
Greg

Kilrah

Re: Companion 2.3.4 Log viewer query

Post by Kilrah »

Make sure your spreadsheet program doesn't decide to change the date/time format. Excel will typically recognise dates and automatically convert them to your regional preferences...
gastolectric

Post by gastolectric »

Brilliant thanks, I'll look into that
gastolectric

Post by gastolectric »

Yep spot on thanks Kilrah,

For the sake of any others that stumble with this, here are 2 screen shots: first one of the default format and then what my system was changing it to.

For Time use the format hh:mm:ss.000 ; for date use 2012-03-15

Return to “Software”