9XR Pro connection issues

Help with any software/desktop related issues. e.g. companion9x, eePe, etc
Anthonyc

9XR Pro connection issues

Post by Anthonyc »

Hi
Ive purchased a second hand 9xr pro transmitter but cant seem to connect it to my pc. i boot it into the bootloader menu and then it says connecting, goes into the usb screen but then it comes up with a windows error saying drive failed and no drives show in windows?
Anyone else had this issue and no a fix for it?
Thanks

jhsa

Re: 9XR Pro connection issues

Post by jhsa »

Try with an USB 2.0 socket. Sometimes USB3.0 does not work with the radios.
Also, try try another cable..

João
My er9x/Ersky9x/eepskye Video Tutorials
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL5uJhoD7sAKidZmkhMpYpp_qcuIqJXhb9

Donate to Er9x/Ersky9x:
https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_s-xclick&hosted_button_id=YHX43JR3J7XGW
Anthonyc

Post by Anthonyc »

Joao

Perfect thanks. Tried another cable and connected first time. I wondered if you could help me with some programming on my TX. You programmed a baitboat for john last year that i have located but i would like to modify it slightly for my boat. I know nothing about these TX so will be fun! I currently have flashed the one you made but have lost my back light on my TX and have no voice files. I can sorth the voice but could you possibly help with the mixes?
Thanks
jhsa

Post by jhsa »

You will have to post the file again.. I will have a look. I might be a bit rusty because I have been finishing some other projects. But I will definitely try to help :)

João

Donate to Er9x/Ersky9x:
https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_s-xclick&hosted_button_id=YHX43JR3J7XGW
Anthonyc

Post by Anthonyc »

Heres the current file. I think It currently has CH1 and CH2 as the main motors (which is all good)
CH3 - Static Lights
CH4 - Lights that blink when both left and right bait doors open.(This i would like to change as i only have 1 bait door and 1 hook release. I would like it to flash a single blue LED on the back of the boat when then bait door drops and 1 other single white LED when the hook release is actiavted)
CH5 - Unsure if this is in use? ( Could this be the bait door? )
CH6 - Unsure if this is in use? ( Could this be the hook pin release? )
CH7 - Bait door switch currently
CH8 - Unsure if this is in use?

Would i be possible to get the left stick in the up position to turn the light circuits on and off with this stick?
I Hope this makes sense

Anthony
Attachments
BAITBOATNEW 2.eepm
(4.12 KiB) Downloaded 316 times

jhsa

Post by jhsa »

Ok, channels 5 and 6 are controlled by the 3 position switch. Don't you need this? Can you please explain (I forgot) how the bait door and hook work? There is some switch to trigger them?
The LED on Channel 4 blink when the doors open? This has 2 doors, right? One opens when the Rud stick is fully left and the other when the Rud stick is fully right??

I am just trying to find out what everything does.. :)

João

EDIT: What switch to operate the hook?

Donate to Er9x/Ersky9x:
Anthonyc

Post by Anthonyc »

I will try and be as detailed as possible to make everyone's life easier!
I'm sure I do need the three way switch for 3 different modes, I'm sure it was loiter manual and auto but could be wrong?
John's boat had 2 bait doors but mine only has 1 and 1 hook release. My thoughts were hold left on rud stick for 3 secs and bait door drops and leds flash. Hold right on rud stick for 3 secs and hook release activates and leds flash. Push up on rud stick and triggers lights on and off.

The bait doors are electromagnets that are energised until voltage is sent to them then they de energise to drop the flap door.

The hook release is a pin that is de energised permantly and then when voltage is sent to it the pin pulls up. A bit like a solenoid.

The boat has a left and right motor on separate escs on CH1 and CH2
2x large blue leds that flash when the bait door and hook release are activated. CH4 currently

1x small blue led in the back that flashes when the hook pin is activated
1x small white led in the back that flashes when the bait door is dropped
2x small white leds in the front as lights that a static. ( would like these to turn on and off with up on rud stick)
And would like to add a battery voltage transmitter to display the voltage on the TX

Hope this helps

Anthony
jhsa

Post by jhsa »

Anthonyc wrote: Tue Apr 30, 2019 10:13 pm
I'm sure I do need the three way switch for 3 different modes, I'm sure it was loiter manual and auto but could be wrong?
Well, Channels 5 and 6 are controlled by the 3 position switch. when the switch is in the middle position, both channels are at -100%. When the switch is up (ID0), channel 2 changes to +100% and Channel 6 remains at -100%. When the switch is moved to the down position (ID2), Channel 6 goes to +100% and Channel 5 goes to -100%. Now, what this is controlling I don't know.
The boat has a left and right motor on separate escs on CH1 and CH2
2x large blue leds that flash when the bait door and hook release are activated. CH4 currently

1x small blue led in the back that flashes when the hook pin is activated
1x small white led in the back that flashes when the bait door is dropped
2x small white leds in the front as lights that a static. ( would like these to turn on and off with up on rud stick)
And would like to add a battery voltage transmitter to display the voltage on the TX
Well, I think you want to connect more stuff than available channels on your receiver. Your receiver is 8 channels, right?
So:
CH1 - Motor
CH2 - Motor
CH3 - 2x small white leds in the front as lights that a static. ( would like these to turn on and off with up on rud stick)
CH4 - Flashing LEDs for Bait and hook
CH5 - 3 position switch (mode?)
CH6 - 3 position switch (mode?)
CH7 - Bait doors
CH8 - Hook

This means, you spent all channels and like this there aren't enough channels to have Separate blinking LEDs for Bait and Hook.. Unless you give up something else of course. Or use the same blinking LED for both

João

Donate to Er9x/Ersky9x:
Anthonyc

Post by Anthonyc »

Well, Channels 5 and 6 are controlled by the 3 position switch. when the switch is in the middle position, both channels are at -100%. When the switch is up (ID0), channel 2 changes to +100% and Channel 6 remains at -100%. When the switch is moved to the down position (ID2), Channel 6 goes to +100% and Channel 5 goes to -100%. Now, what this is controlling I don't know.

This makes sense kinda as he has a GPS unit fitted so these would be different modes for this. Although it should activate Ch1 and 2 otherwise the boat will go in circles???!

I haven't purchased any of the electrics for this project yet as I thought I would get the TX programed and working first so if I need to buy a reciever with more channels ( if possible) I can that's no issue
jhsa

Post by jhsa »

Anthonyc wrote: Tue Apr 30, 2019 11:44 pm
This makes sense kinda as he has a GPS unit fitted so these would be different modes for this. Although it should activate Ch1 and 2 otherwise the boat will go in circles???!
I don't really know, perhaps he has a controller board to derive the boat back to him if the link is lost.. I guess you will have to ask him what he uses those channels for. :)
I haven't purchased any of the electrics for this project yet as I thought I would get the TX programed and working first so if I need to buy a reciever with more channels ( if possible) I can that's no issue
Well, it would help if you know what the equipment you want to buy needs from the radio. Without knowing what king of signals the equipment needs, we don't know what to send. I don't own any boat stuff :)

For the LEDs, you could build this project.

viewtopic.php?f=84&t=7299

It allows to control 4 LEDs separately using one single channel on the receiver. That means, you could control all your LEDs from just one channel and still have free channels on the receiver for other stuff :)

João

Donate to Er9x/Ersky9x:
Anthonyc

Post by Anthonyc »

I have messaged John about the 3 position switch but he is very slow at getting back so I don't expect a reply anytime soon!

I will send a list of electronics over in a bit and let u know exactly what I was thinking.

That little control board I think will be the answer. At the back of the boat I have 2x 10mm blue leds at the top left and right side and a 5mm blue and white next to each other in the centre. I would like the large blue leds to flash when the bait door is dropped along with the small led and then when the hook pin is activated the large leds to flash again with the small white led. I think this could be the answer as it will only use 1 channel on the reciever and I could go with an 8 channel reciever
jhsa

Post by jhsa »

Yeah, but you will have to build it.. :)
Or perhaps I didn't understand.. Do the Blue large always flash together with the small white, when the doors open, and also when the hook is released? Sorry, I am a bit confused here..

João

Donate to Er9x/Ersky9x:
Anthonyc

Post by Anthonyc »

Sorry I will try and make it more clear
All the leds permantly on unless you turn off with up on the rud stick
Hold left on the rud stick for 3 secs, bait door drops and both large blue and the small blue led flash for say 4 times
Hold right on the rud stick for 3 secs and the hook pin is activated and both large blue leds and the small white led flash for say 4 times

Is this possible??
jhsa

Post by jhsa »

So, all LEDs are always ON, except when they flash? what happens if the throttle stick is down and the doors or hook are activated?

Donate to Er9x/Ersky9x:
Anthonyc

Post by Anthonyc »

Yes all on. Throttle stick doesn't affect them as I need to see them when the boats in the middle of the lake

And then when the doors or hook are activated they flash 4 times then go back to on.

It's an indicator to show the door or hook is activated. Does this make sense?
jhsa

Post by jhsa »

Anthonyc wrote: Thu May 02, 2019 6:13 pm Sorry I will try and make it more clear
All the leds permantly on unless you turn off with up on the rud stick
I asked, because you said this. :)

The Thr and Rud sticks are the same stick. Rud when moving left to right, and Thr when moving vertically.

Donate to Er9x/Ersky9x:
Anthonyc

Post by Anthonyc »

Sorry not up to scratch with the names!

I was planning on switching all the leds so if its out in the lake at night and I need to turn off the leds I can.

I was going to switch them on the up of the thr stick so they will be on unless switched off
Anthonyc

Post by Anthonyc »

hi joao

i have been programming my transmitter for my bait boat build this weekend, i added the voice files and worked out the mixes. Would you be able to just double chck these to make sure they are correct please. the voice files seem to be good, just need the mixes checked to make sure i havent programmed anything incorrect.
So it should be Ch1 and Ch2 are motors controlled on the Ail and Ele stick. fowards backwards left and right on steering
Ch3 is a lighting circuit, 2 white leds at front and 2 blue leds at rear, turned on and off on the AIL D/R switch
Ch4 is a lighting circuit, the 2 blue leds at the rear that will flash when the bait door or hook pin is switched on the rud stick left and right
Ch5 is a lighting circuit, spotlight on the front, turned on and off on the ELE D/R switch
Ch6 is spare
Ch7 is the hook pin release, hold right on the rud stick for 2 secs and it energises an electromagnet and should also flash the blue leds on ch4
Ch8 is the bait door release, hold left on the rud stick for 2 secs and it energises an electromagnet and should also flash the blue leds on ch4

i hope i have done this correct, if not could you tell me where i have gone wrong please?

Thanks for you help on this project
Anthony
Anthonyc

Post by Anthonyc »

Sorry forgot to add the file
Attachments
BAITBOAT16.12.19.eepm
(4.12 KiB) Downloaded 286 times
jhsa

Post by jhsa »

Wow, will look at it tomorrow, a bit busy at the moment :)
But it has been a while since we last discussed this.. So I forgot :)
Can't you just test the programming on the actual model? You would see if all is working.. For us here is difficult to check it by just looking at the programming, as we don't have the model in front of us.. It can be done, but we will be only guessing :)

João

Donate to Er9x/Ersky9x:
Anthonyc

Post by Anthonyc »

I can't at the moment as I have removed all electronics from the model as I'm having the Hull of the boat hydro dipped! I was going to make a mock up of them on the bench at the weekend but I'm not sure I have enough rc switches. If I wanted to switch the front white leds and back blue leds all on and off together and then make the back blue flash on there own would this require 2 switches or could this work from 1?
Thanks
ReSt

Post by ReSt »

I had a look into your file and here are some comments

You can get the function of the three switches L8,L9,LA with a single switch of |v| > val Rud 96
( |v| means absolut value of v, gives always a positiv value for v from -100 to +100)

You probably connect Switches to Ch7 and Ch8 to power on/off the electromagnets. But

1.) the channel outputs follow (with a delay) your rudder stick, no clear level when the switch should energize the magnet.
2.) Your neutral point is at 0% that is not nothing, but half the way from -100% to 100%
3.) when one channel (7,8) jumps to +100, the other jumps to -100. I assume they should be independent from each other.

My suggestion for channels 7 and 8 (+100% or -100% according to what your switches need)
CH7 +100% FULL Switch(L6) Delay(u1.5:d1.5)
CH8 +100% FULL Switch(L7) Delay(u1.5:d1.5)
(channel jumps, after the delay, from -100 to +100 when the Rudder value crosses + or - 96%)

and for the logic switches
make a new switch e.g.LB
LB |v|>val Rud 96

and for Switch L1 replace LA with the new switch LB

then, delete Switches L8, L9, LA (no longer needed)

Reinhard
Anthonyc

Post by Anthonyc »

Hi reihhard

Thanks for the reply. You will have to give me some time here as I'm New to this and teaching myself on the way. So I apologise in advance if I ask lots of questions.

The idea is the bait door and hook pin are on channel 7 and 8. They are controlled by holding left and right on the rud stick.

I didn't want an instant drop on these so wanted to hold the rud stick over for 2 secs on each side before it energises the electromagnets?

I hope this makes sense. You have lost me slightly on the la and lb

I'm sure the electromagnets can't have a permanent signal and need a pulse but I will have to confirm this

Thanks
ReSt

Post by ReSt »

That delay is still there, exactly as with your original programming.

In your programming, you use three logic switches (L6, L7 and LA) that can be replaced with a single one (LB in my example) that has the same functionality. Just another way of programming for the same thing.

Reinhard
Anthonyc

Post by Anthonyc »

so started to assemble to boat and have hit a couple of problems that i hope someone can solve. Im using a turnigy relay switch to turn lights on and off but cannot seem to get it to engage? im sending 12v dc down to the coil and the LEDS on the output are 12v dc. Its on channel 3 on my reciever and the command in eePe sky is Ch03 +100%FULL Switch(!AIL). Trying to switch it on a turnigy 9xr pro on the top right switch labelled Air D/R. Any help on this please would be great

Thanks
jhsa

Post by jhsa »

I guess you will have to provide more information. A picture of the connections for example. Please note that we cannot see your setup, and rely on the information you provide to be able to help you.

João

Donate to Er9x/Ersky9x:
Anthonyc

Post by Anthonyc »

Hi

Yes I understand its hard and you need all the info. Here's a picture of it wired (roughly) with all the lights on the circuit. I have gone 12v from battery to coil the the output from coil to the leds and the receiver cable to channel 3 on the reciver

Thanks
Attachments
IMG_20200126_222227.jpg
jhsa

Post by jhsa »

Is this the RC switch you are using? Have a look at the manual..

https://cdn-global-hk.hobbyking.com/med ... manual.pdf

João

Donate to Er9x/Ersky9x:
Anthonyc

Post by Anthonyc »

Hi jhsa
No it's the turnigy relay 1. I think I might have found the problem, I read on a website that if the reciever outputs more than 5v dc the coil won't switch. I'm going to order a different switch and try that.

The other question I have is..
I have 2 white leds on the front of the boat and 2 blue on the rear. If I connect the 2 white on channel 3 and the 2 blue on channel 4 can I switch them both on and off at the same time using the ele d/r switch on the transmitter??
Thanks
jhsa

Post by jhsa »

Yes, just assign the same switch to both channels.
João

Donate to Er9x/Ersky9x:

Return to “Software”