module for a rover in TARANIS

General Help and support for the Taranis Radio.
jlsayed

module for a rover in TARANIS

Post by jlsayed »

Hi All,

I have bought a Frysky Taranis 9XD plus for A ROVER PROJECT ( 2x24 V geared DC motors, controlled by Roboclaw 2x30A, Pixhawk 4 flight control and R-XSR frysky receiver) I know Frysky Taranis 9XD plus is to control airplanes and there are already different modules exist in it, my question how I can set it up to control 2 DC motors in term of forward backward and direction, I am reading a lot pls if there is some documents or resources will be gr8.

Thank you
Last edited by jlsayed on Tue Dec 03, 2019 3:46 am, edited 2 times in total.

rdeanchurch

Re: module for a rover in TARANIS

Post by rdeanchurch »

Terminology can really get in the way when talking one RC make transmitter to another, let alone to someone new to transmitters.
Your terminology is confusing to me and that is probably why others have not stepped up to help.
I used to use a Taranis X9D and now use a Taranis QX7.
To my knowledge there is no Taranis 9X transmitter (tx). There is a Turnigy 9x and a FlySky 9x I think, but they are not FrSky. FrSky and FlySky are two separate companies and there products are not compatible as delivered from the factory.
Also there is no FrSky S-RSX receiver(rx).
Modules generally refer to hardware that is plugged into the back of the FrSky (and other makes) transmitters to allow the tx to support additional rf protocols. So I do not know what your reference to modules refers to...unless you meant models.

The FSky txs are not exclusive for airplanes. I use my QX7 for powered airplanes, sailplanes, boats and RC ground vehicles. Two of my airplanes have 2 motors and one of my boats uses 2 reversible ESC/motor combinations
Reversing a motor requires a motor speed controller (ESC) that supports forward/reverse. If the Roboclaw ESC does, then it is fairly easy to setup two channels on the tx/rx to use the two motors.
I helped setup a tank with 2 motors that supported forward/reverse independently.
Unfortunately, I know nothing about the Pixhawk. Other than some models can be setup with SBUS and/or PWM.
Dean
OldDmbThms: 1. Takeoff, 2. Crash, 3. Repair, GOTO 1
jlsayed

Post by jlsayed »

thank a lot you for your hint, post has been edited ..:)
ReSt

Post by ReSt »

Have a look at this thread

viewtopic.php?f=5&t=12296#p146899

(I don't know the sense of the flight controller in your configuration)
Maybe it gives you an idea of how to do what you want.

Reinhard
jlsayed

Post by jlsayed »

@ ReSt Thanks a lot for the link, flight controller is for autonomous purpose, will be used later for a drone project and I will try to build this project with Arduino controller instead of Pixhawk 4, just learning :)

Return to “General help (FrSky Taranis radio)”