Open TX 2.3 with replacement ISRM (ACCESS) module D16 not binding

openTx has introduced a range of new features, ideas and bling. It is fast becoming the firmware of choice for many users. openTx will run on ALL current hardware platforms, including the gruvin9x and sky9x boards. Work has already started to support the new FrSky X9D radio!
ChrisMMarshall

Re: Open TX 2.3 with replacement ISRM (ACCESS) module D16 not binding

Post by ChrisMMarshall »

I do not seem to be able to download a build with internalaccess enabled. I'm not sure how you are going to test it unless you use the build that FrSky supplied to you which they should not have done. If that is what you are doing good luck with that. I will be interested in how you get on. I try to avoid living dangerously so I will wait🙂

Kilrah

Post by Kilrah »

Internalaccess downloads have been reenabled 2 days ago.
ChrisMMarshall

Post by ChrisMMarshall »

I tried last night, and just tried again, but still getting the wrong board message. Maybe I tried the wrong release, which should I be using? Not that I am in any great hurry. I will probably wait for 2.3.3. At the moment the Access protocol gives me no benefits personally, I only got the modules so as to not get left behind with any possible future benefits.
Kilrah

Post by Kilrah »

Make sure companion is set to download the nightly channel if you want it.
ChrisMMarshall

Post by ChrisMMarshall »

Kilrah wrote: Mon Nov 25, 2019 4:02 am Make sure companion is set to download the nightly channel if you want it.
Thanks. That would be the problem. I will probably try it to ensure that the modules I have are working then revert back until 2.3.3 is released.

Thoemse

Post by Thoemse »

I did a test flight with a electric glider tday with my X12S with the upgrade moduzle installed. I used a X8R reciever (D16). Worked very well.
ChrisMMarshall

Post by ChrisMMarshall »

Thoemse wrote: Mon Nov 25, 2019 3:19 pm I did a test flight with a electric glider tday with my X12S with the upgrade moduzle installed. I used a X8R reciever (D16). Worked very well.
Great news. Good to hear that it is fixed. It may take me a while to find the time to try it out, as I don't intend to change permanently until 2.3.3 is released. There is no need for me to rush into it.
Thoemse

Post by Thoemse »

Yeah don't rush it. I only did it because I rebuilt my X12S before doing the reading on issues. :D
I didn't feel like putting the old ISRM back in because you need to disassemble most of the Tx to do so.
ChrisMMarshall

Post by ChrisMMarshall »

I found some time to try it today, on the bench only. It worked fine with a RX4R both in D16 and in ACCESS mode. (After reflashing RX of course). With a GRX8 it was fine in D16 but in ACCESS mode it would register but not bind. I'm not too worried about that as I don't intend to use that Rx in ACCESS mode. The main reason for trying it was to make sure that I could flash the modules and that they are now working properly. Now switching back to ACCST for the time being.
Thanks to all for sorting this out.
superbogz

Post by superbogz »

Any news. With the ISRM firmware upgrade it still shows invalid board with the newest nightly compatible to upgrade opentx companion with internal acres checked.
ChrisMMarshall

Post by ChrisMMarshall »

superbogz wrote: Wed Dec 04, 2019 4:18 am Any news. With the ISRM firmware upgrade it still shows invalid board with the newest nightly compatible to upgrade opentx companion with internal acres checked.
You need to be using the right version of the companion https://downloads.open-tx.org/2.3/night ... n/windows/ I think that is the right one, and I think it is the one that I used. I see that there is now a release candidate for 2.3.3 available. Use: http://downloads.open-tx.org/2.3/rc/com ... 3.3RC1.exe I haven't tried it but I assume that it will allow the module option. I haven't tried RC1 as I know that the modules now work properly, having tried them then swapped back. As he has detailed above Thoemse has also been successful. I am going to wait until the full release now before changing as I do not need the ACCESS protocol at the moment.
superbogz

Post by superbogz »

I still get the invalid board message when trying to simply download the firmware to my computer. I used the downloads you showed. I flashed the ISRM firmware from the Frsky website prior to this. Do not kno
w what I am doing wrong.
Kilrah

Post by Kilrah »

Describe what you're doing, so we can find out... There are pointers above to things people tend to forget.
Use the correct version of companion, set it to the correct radio type, tell it to use the correct release channel, and download / flash firmware.
superbogz

Post by superbogz »

I just figured it out. Thanks guys. I paid closer attention to the discussions early in this conversation and figured it out.
DeeBee

Post by DeeBee »

I have done the ISRM upgrade utilising OpenTx nightly build 2.3.3 using Companion 2.3.4
I then flashed the firmware available on the FrSky site ISRM_S_X10S V1.1.5 to update the authentication process.
That installation expects SD card 2.3V0024.
It binds readily in D16 ACCST using a Frsky RX6R rx.
I have tested numerous times and have done 5 flights in a small foamie with good results.
There is one problem that I have found though. The transmitter must be turned on with internal antennas selected. Once turned on external antenna can be selected and works fine. However if turned on with external antenna selected, it does not recognise the antenna and gives defective antenna warning until the internal antenna is selected. Has anyone else had such an issue?
Kilrah

Post by Kilrah »

Firstly you should not be using a 2.3.3 nightly when we have had a 2.3.4 release for a few weeks. Start by updating and see if that changes things.

For the module you did get the firmware from the "upgrade module" page and NOT the X10S page, right?

Return to “openTx”