FRSKY R9M compatibility?

er9x is the best known firmware. It has a superb range of features and is well supported by the community. Well worth trying out.
McWeird

Re: FRSKY R9M compatibility?

Post by McWeird »

Bonde wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2019 1:24 pm This is a photo from
The insideimage.jpg
Gonna be doing the telemetry mods on mine as soon as I get my r9m module delivered. I've been doing some research online, and most of the results pointed to old posts on this forum wondering how reliable the ed040502 h16d 1102 chip would be running this, and people talking about swapping it for genuine atmel chips, but for the meantime I want to see if it's not needed.

So far I've flashed er9x with no issues and everything seems to work fine if flashing with the m128 option on eePe with the stock 2,4ghz module. Some messages while flashing from eePE about the clock speed being off but that seemed to be all. Will update once I do the mods so people can search for the results.

Mushahid

Post by Mushahid »

Hi there !..

Actually I ordered r9 module , and I have turnigy 9x transmitter... and now I can't bind r9 miduke with its mini receiver....anyone please tell me what to do... I am too stressed because of it...
I shall be grateful to you....Thank you.
Turbo99

Post by Turbo99 »

That's an interesting point, I never thought about. Are you sure the R9m fits to the Turnigy? Do you know whether it fits to the Turnigy 10-ia too?
MikeB
9x Developer

Post by MikeB »

What revision of firmware (er9x) are you running on your 9X?
You need to be using firmware from "er9xProv822g.zip", or later, to have R9M support.

Mike
erskyTx/er9x developer
The difficult we do immediately,
The impossible takes a little longer!
hyperion

Post by hyperion »

Hello MikeB. Thank you very much for your work.
I have 9xr with atmega128. And order R9M.
What FW i need to use? What is latest stable?
er9xProv822m.zip + eepeV2.zip
FLEX R9M FW supported?
Changing frequency and output power also supported?
Thanks!

MikeB
9x Developer

Post by MikeB »

er9xProv822m.zip should work fine, and includes support for FLEX and setting frequency and power.
Use eepe.zip with this.
Only use eepeV2.zip if you are using er9xV2, the EEPROM structure is very different for V2.

Mike
erskyTx/er9x developer
The difficult we do immediately,
The impossible takes a little longer!
McWeird

Post by McWeird »

McWeird wrote: Tue Oct 22, 2019 9:38 pm
Gonna be doing the telemetry mods on mine as soon as I get my r9m module delivered. I've been doing some research online, and most of the results pointed to old posts on this forum wondering how reliable the ed040502 h16d 1102 chip would be running this, and people talking about swapping it for genuine atmel chips, but for the meantime I want to see if it's not needed.

So far I've flashed er9x with no issues and everything seems to work fine if flashing with the m128 option on eePe with the stock 2,4ghz module. Some messages while flashing from eePE about the clock speed being off but that seemed to be all. Will update once I do the mods so people can search for the results.
After a really busy time I'm happy to report that the ed040502 h16d 1102 chip works just fine with the firmware from "er9xProv822g.zip" and the r9 module. Binding and telemetry work, but I haven't had time to mess around withe the flex stuff yet, thanks to the folks behind this project and MikeB for the messages and guidance in this thread!
hyperion

Post by hyperion »

confirm, er9xProv822m with latest ACCST firmware work with R9M 2019. Succesfully binding, range test. Not checked power settings yet
Nidzolino123

Post by Nidzolino123 »

blewupp wrote: Sun Apr 28, 2019 11:16 pm Hey guys... Cant be thankful enough for the info i have found here... It worked with no issues what so ever.. Now i'm stuck on the telemetry... witch telemetry mode should i do to get it working with the mbtx-128 HEX file?? To be honest i really want to use rs232<->ttl converter and connect it to the Rx and Tx pins on the back of the R9M module and that connect to the micro controller because i dont want to cut traces or do things like that... Can i move the two switches THR and AIL from the Hardware tab and connect it to where the switches was?

Or I am just missing something :D and i event not sure why i want to make the telemetry to work.... in betaflight managed to get the rssi value in the OSD

I'm about to try just now to use my flight controller to flash the R9M module using serial serial passthrough i managed to flash my r9mm receiver witch has inverted S port... for the R9M module gonna just try with a simple transistor signal inverter...... I hope it would work :D:D:D I'm gonna say what happed
Did you manage to flash r9m module with flight controller and if yes, can you please explain how?
TheStig23

Post by TheStig23 »

Thank you very much to those of you who have been patiently helping answer all of our questions. I very much appreciate it!

I am about to purchase the r9m module for use with my Turnigy 9x. I believe I understand how to flash my radio with the correct FLEX enabled firmware as per Mike's instructions.

My question is which receivers should I be looking at for use with my module (https://rb.gy/hppfsx)? I can't find any original firmware receivers for purchase today, seems they've all been discontinued. How would I go about flashing new receivers with compatible firmware using my Turnigy 9x?

Thanks in advance!
hyperion

Post by hyperion »

Return to “er9x”