Ersky9x Bug Reporting

erskyTx runs on many radios and upgrade boards
ersky9x was a port of er9x for use on the sky9x board.
Rad

Re: Ersky9x Bug Reporting

Post by Rad »

Any idea here, Mike?
https://radindustries.wordpress.com/

MikeB
9x Developer

Post by MikeB »

I suggest you try adding a resistor in the positive supply lead to the switch. Any value up to 5K should be OK, although I'd go for 1K to 2K if possible.
You will very likely need to re-calibrate the switch.
I have an idea for a firmware change that should, at least, restore the screen to your settings.

Mike
erskyTx/er9x developer
The difficult we do immediately,
The impossible takes a little longer!
Arvycka

Telemetry logging

Post by Arvycka »

Just noticed some telemetry logging issues:
1. GPS altitude is displayed in meters on telemetry screen but is being logged in decimeters:
GPSAlt.JPG
GPSAlt.JPG (15.18 KiB) Viewed 33041 times
2. GPS speed is way too low in the logs. I cannot compare it at the moment to what's being displayed on the telemetry screen in real time, but compared to OSD it's like half. Is there any chance that it's being logged in MPH? ;)
MikeB
9x Developer

Post by MikeB »

OK, I can fix the GPS altitude display.
The FrSky GPS sends the GPS speed in knots and this is what I display and log. If you have a GPS speed in a different unit, or need to scale the value I suggest using a "SCALER" and displaying and logging that.

Mike
erskyTx/er9x developer
Arvycka

Post by Arvycka »

I see, that's interesting. iNav Flight controller displays speed in Kph and sends it over Fport to the receiver. Where is the conversion to knots happening then? Inav or receiver? 🤔

MikeB
9x Developer

Post by MikeB »

My guess is the GPS speed is in knots, but is converted for the OSD display.
It seems the conversion factor from km/h to knots is 0.539957, 1.852 the other way (knots to km/h).
Looks like a SCALER with a multiplier of 463 and a divider of 250 would work to convert from knots to km/h.

Mike
erskyTx/er9x developer
Arvycka

Post by Arvycka »

Thanks Mike for the help, that should work nicely.
Rad

Post by Rad »

MikeB wrote: Thu Jun 13, 2019 5:38 pm I suggest you try adding a resistor in the positive supply lead to the switch. Any value up to 5K should be OK, although I'd go for 1K to 2K if possible.
You will very likely need to re-calibrate the switch.
I have an idea for a firmware change that should, at least, restore the screen to your settings.

Mike
Hi Mike, resistor fitted, switch recalibrated...

And it works! The switch works as desired, and no longer resets the radio, so problem solved. Thanks for your help.
https://radindustries.wordpress.com/
Brodziek

Post by Brodziek »

Taranis Qx7, problem with the external module power supply.
After turning the radio OFF and ON, there is no power supply at the external module connector, no matter what type of module is selected.
You have to enter the "Protocol", "External" menus, and turn OFF/ON "ENABLE" - voltage appears and works until the next turn OFF the radio.
I checked the signal on the processor pins, there is a problem with the control.
Checked on the latest test version of eRskyTx (on the official version I have the same).
Will anyone confirm?
Using Tapatalk
MikeB
9x Developer

Post by MikeB »

Someone else reported that as a problem on a Taranis. It turned he had trainer enabled with the Tx set to "Slave". As a slave, by default, the modules are turned off as they shouldn't be needed.

Mike
erskyTx/er9x developer
Brodziek

Post by Brodziek »

Mike, you're right.
That was it.
Thank you very much.
Using Tapatalk
planger

Post by planger »

Hi,
A friend has a problem on his 9XR Pro. I haven't seen it myself but had a long discussion over the phone with him to troubleshoot.
I've updated it last July with R222 but not sure which exact version. It was working fine all summer until last WE.
His issue is that the throttle is only going from center to top for the full deflection of the throttle stick. Both the stick display and calibration screens shows the same behavior. In diagana, the pot values look good in hexa and decimal going from -100..0..+100. So it looks like a setting somewhere preventing the throttle to have a full span.
He might come tomorrow evening with the radio. I'm planning to try to update it first, then since I don't know how to wipe the EEPROM I was thinking to backup my eeprom and restore it on his radio to reset the "unknown" setting...
Any tip will be appreciated.
Pascal
Kilrah

Post by Kilrah »

That's typical of not centering the stick when told to at the first calibration step.
jhsa

Post by jhsa »

Yes, follow the "on screen" instructions when calibrating the sticks.

João
My er9x/Ersky9x/eepskye Video Tutorials
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL5uJhoD7sAKidZmkhMpYpp_qcuIqJXhb9

Donate to Er9x/Ersky9x:
https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_s-xclick&hosted_button_id=YHX43JR3J7XGW
planger

Post by planger »

Strange he has tried multiple times to redo the calibration. Over the phone I've even followed the calibration steps with him to make sure he was doing it properly.
I need to see the radio by myself to be sure of what's going on...
Before he comes, can I assume that there is no such setting to make the throttle only going forward (0..+100%)? And that you've never heard of this strange behavior apart from a bad calibration?
Pascal
jhsa

Post by jhsa »

One thing you can do is to create a new model. That you use default settings, so no mixes or other model settings.

The first thing we must do when calibrating is to set all inputs to their center positions.
If you keep the throttle stick down during this stage, I think the result will be the problem you describe..

João

Donate to Er9x/Ersky9x:
https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_s-xclick&hosted_button_id=YHX43JR3J7XGW
Kilrah

Post by Kilrah »

Yeah best to see it in person - so common to have people tell you 30 times what they think they do when it's not that at all, omitting things they do, and them not making the connection that if things don't work it's probably cause one of their assumptions is incorrect...
planger

Post by planger »

Fully in agreement with what you just said Kilrah
planger

Post by planger »

That was it... No Comment...
Thanks Guys!
jhsa

Post by jhsa »

Glad that.the problem is solved :)

João

Sent from my BLN-L21 using Tapatalk

Donate to Er9x/Ersky9x:
ReSt

Re: bootloader looping

Post by ReSt »

I just ran into the following problem.
Yesterday I downloaded the latest code from github and compiled it for 9XR Pro and for the AR9x board.
So far everything ok. Firmware is running.

I recognized, that the AR9x had a bootloader version 2.9 so I flashed the bootloader from my actual fw image. It then showed a boot loader version of 3.2
Problem:
No chance to leave the "flash Firmware" menu!

Power off,On, reloading the bootloader or the firmware did not help.

But flashing a rather old fw version 219 did work with this bootloader. And with this old fw I was able to reflash the bootloader to a 2.9 version that is working again with the old and new fw.

That means, bootloader 3.2, as it is on github in the moment, has a problem, at least with the AR9x radio.

Reinhard
jhsa

Post by jhsa »

Reinhard, do not use the latest test version, and also the new bootloader from it as we don't know where the problem is.. Do not fly with it. I was lucky the other day. My 9xtreme radio went crazy after I landed my model and wanted to turn trainer ON for that model. then it would not change models anymore, it had voice but firmware files didn't appear, radio would have a blank screen at startup, etc. I only managed to flash an older version after entering bootloader maintenance mode and flash an older bootloader version.. then the firmware files appeared again in the bootloader menu.
Yesterday,
I needed to flash the same version again to test something else, and it changed completely the settings in the protocol menu.. So, DO NOT FLY IT.
I PMed Mike 3 or 4 days ago, but he still didn't see it. I also hope he is ok. :o

João

Donate to Er9x/Ersky9x:
MikeB
9x Developer

Post by MikeB »

Only just seen you PM, I've very busy on other things!
I'll look into things over the next few days, just need some spare time!

Mike
erskyTx/er9x developer
ReSt

Post by ReSt »

Not in a hurry.
As long as bootloader 2.9 does its job, there is no problem.

Reinhard
jhsa

Post by jhsa »

Thanks Mike. I will keep using the other older version. Please let me know if you need some testing done..

João

Sent from my BLN-L21 using Tapatalk

Donate to Er9x/Ersky9x:
ReSt

Post by ReSt »

I used the same source code and compiled it for the 9XR-Pro.
And then updated the bootloader from that firmware file. The resultant bootloader on the 9XR-Pro was version 3.0. versus 3.2 on the AR9x.
And the 9XR-Pro had no problem with it.
Either version 3.2 or/and the AR9x has the problem.

Reinhard
MikeB
9x Developer

Post by MikeB »

OK, I slipped up with a change for the SKY board where I now use only 28K for the bootloader (instead of 32K), to give 4K more space for the main application. The bootloader for the AR9X uses the same, binary, code, and is supposed to work out where the application starts, but there is a small bug so it gets this wrong on the AR9X.
For information, the bootloader is compiled separately, the binary images are then put in the "bootloader" sub-directory. The bootloader sources are here: https://github.com/MikeBland/OpenRcBootloader. I need to update that repository since I've added the FrSky X9Lite and the Jumper T16 as well as the SKY board change.

Just about to test the fix for the AR9X.

Mike
erskyTx/er9x developer
MikeB
9x Developer

Post by MikeB »

Looks to be fixed on the AR9X, I've committed an updated "bootflash4.lbm" file so if you build for the AR9X using that, the bootloader should be working again (V3.3).

Mike
erskyTx/er9x developer
ReSt

Post by ReSt »

Thanks Mike,
I will try that and report back.
In the meantime, in the intent to narrow down the problem I flashed the AR9x bootloader 3.2 onto one of my two 9XR-Pro's
And now the 9xr-Pro has that same problem of looping . But with the difference, that I'm not able to anymore get into the maintenance menu to reflash the boot loader.
The only firmware versions that still run are r211 from 19.3.2017 and older. But these versions seem to have no maintenance mode. At least I can't get into one.

So in the moment that radio can only work with that old firmware level.

Do you have any idea how I can reflash the bootloader? (copy a maintenance menu into the old code ???)

Reinhard
MikeB
9x Developer

Post by MikeB »

You could try flashing "ersky9xs_rom.bin" (the "small" version for the SKY board). I think this will run well enough on the 'PRO to allow updating of the bootloader.

Mike
erskyTx/er9x developer

Return to “erskyTx (was ersky9x)”