Nirvana nv14 support

openTx has introduced a range of new features, ideas and bling. It is fast becoming the firmware of choice for many users. openTx will run on ALL current hardware platforms, including the gruvin9x and sky9x boards. Work has already started to support the new FrSky X9D radio!
CalvinRi

Nirvana nv14 support

Post by CalvinRi »

Hello everyone

It has been one year from last mentions of OpenTX support for Nirvana NV14 radio. It was told that it will be implemented, but exact date was not clear. So after one year, is now any clearer situation? Is development abandoned or not?
Are there any official news regarding this matter?

Thank you

Kilrah

Re: Nirvana nv14 support

Post by Kilrah »

Planned for 2.4 major release.
CalvinRi

Post by CalvinRi »

Thank you for your reply.

This was your reply a year ago to the same question in another thread.
Kilrah wrote: Sun Nov 04, 2018 5:08 am No, 2.3. A few months likely.
Now you postponed and said 2.4, so that's why I'm asking all this.

Can you give me any estimate and confirmation about this?
Kilrah

Post by Kilrah »

That is the current position, do what you want of it, in the end it comes when it comes. It's a volunteer-driven project, things can and do change.
Was decided to rework the UI for color LCD radios and do it for all at the same time, and other projects required that to be postponed.
CalvinRi

Post by CalvinRi »

I understand, and I'm speaking here from NV14 user point of view, because I am using this radio, and wondering what is going on with fw updates which are non-existant...

Since I am an experienced sw developer, and it is voluntary development, just asking, how hard it is to develop tx fw? Do you guys need and/or accept help from other programmers?

Kilrah

Post by Kilrah »

Yes anyone's welcome to participate in development. Can't answer whether that's hard or not for a particular person...
Hectorsan

Post by Hectorsan »

Hi it would be nice if the nv14 can have access to the auxiliary channels for the use of HeadTracker. On another radio (9xrpro) I connected my glasses with HeadTracker to the trainer channel and simply used it by activating a button or it was always activated. But without ever losing control of the plane. regards
Ishampadron

Post by Ishampadron »

I'm looking forward to seeing the NV14 get updated. Thank you.
Jonnyfpv

Post by Jonnyfpv »

Hi. I'm a nv14 nirvana user and I bought this radio to use with crossfire. I didnt no st the time that wee could not use up to date firmware release's on the crossfire with the nirvana. I love this radio and would love it to be able to update to the latest firmware release's on crossfire! I'm not alone with this issue. Please help to fix this problem
3djc

Post by 3djc »

As said previously, not before 2.4, and 2.4 is still several monthes away, at best
malatesta

Post by malatesta »

The 2.4 have the support for flex firmware?

Inviato dal mio SM-N950F utilizzando Tapatalk

whatisreal

Post by whatisreal »

looking forward to support for the NV-14 (whenever that may happen). there may not be a lot of us, but we are active (and anxious to keep up-to-date).
Aranadin

Post by Aranadin »

Hi all, I've just become a new owner of a Nirvana, and I love it, but! I'm struggling to access it via OpenTX Companion, having searched about all I can find is a few links, with one being this thread. I take it that even though the Nirvana has OpenTX running on it, there is no support for the Nirvana?

So the only way to access the models that I have on my Taranis, is by messing about either swapping sdcards or by copying the contents of the sdcard?

Now please excuse me whilst I go back to banging my head off my desk...
3djc

Post by 3djc »

Swapping with taranis won’t help, you’ll have to redo the models by hand on nv14.

Support for it is planned in 2.4 as mentioned earlier

Return to “openTx”