Horus X10S- FrOS- (Timer start on Throttle up)

Hardware help and support for the FrSky Horus. (not yet released)
wrhnm30312

Post by wrhnm30312 »

Hey guys,

Im using a Horus X10S radio with the included FrOs. I have flashed the newest firmware (1.3.04). I'm trying to get the timer to start upon throttle up. I am aware that I need to set up a logic switch / special function and then select it within the timer area.

I think I know what I need to do, but I just don't know how to implement it. Maybe I don't know what i'm doing. I've tried various combinations within the logic switch, Im 100% lost. I've included a few pictures.....

Thanks for any info on how to do this!
IMG_2350.JPG
IMG_2348.JPG
IMG_2351.JPG

tonnie78

Re: Horus X10S- FrOS- (Timer start on Throttle up)

Post by tonnie78 »

I don't know FrOs but in OpenTx its a timer setting. You can choose different trighers for the timer, one being thr and one thr%. No need to set up a logic switch.
wrhnm30312

Post by wrhnm30312 »

Hey tonnie8,

Thank you for your reply and sorry for the sideways pictures. Not sure why they're sideways, but clicking on them seems to right the photo upright so you don't have to break your neck trying to view them. But I think you are correct tonnie. In FrOs, it shows what looks like the screen you're referring to, or something of that nature....Check out this newest picture. On my X10S "timer 1" screen, I even have it set to "throttle %" and still. When I go back to the main screen, I still have no timer start on throttle up. Ugh! Im thinking I might just have to move to Open Tx. Seems like there are more people using Open tx on the Horus, than Fros. Might have more luck with open tx at this point. Im coming from spektrum and I've had a good transition to the Horus x10s, but I've hit a few road blocks with Fros.

Im quite lost with this so if anybody has any real solution, or a way that I can further to try and teach myself, then I want to buy you a 12 pack of your beverage of choice. Im 100% serious with this too. I will paypal anyone $15 for your knowledge, or send you a check in the mail. Thank you to anybody that will help me figure this out.
Attachments
IMG_2358.JPG
tonnie78

Post by tonnie78 »

Did you already delete your logical switch?
Beside that, I wouldn't know what to change.

Can you take pictures of the choices you have in this tiker menu. Maybe take pictures of the pull down menu options?
wrhnm30312

Post by wrhnm30312 »

OK, this makes zero sense to me but, I have fixed it by changing the model. For whatever reason, it wasn't working on a certain model that I have within the "model select" area. So I changed the model to another model, and that did it. Not sure why its working now, because I originally tried all the "timer start w/ throttle" options. I'm still dumbfounded, but at least its working now. The original model that had the "timer start on throttle issue" was paired to a Spektrum AR610, via the Spektrum DM9 Module. So, my take is this: For whatever reason, the "timer start on throttle up" just would not work with the Spektrum reeiver. Anyhow, thanks for responding tonnie78. I do appreciate the help from you, and it was real nice of you to respond to my post. Send me your paypal address OK? kick up your feet, and enjoy :)

wrhnm30312

Post by wrhnm30312 »

In case of any of you were wondering , I figured out exactly what my problem was. It was a channel mapping issue. As soon as I got the channel mapping correct, all was good.
xxdvdxx

Post by xxdvdxx »

Hello, it’s weird but in opentx I had same problem after the 2.2.4 update . The timer was on THs since past 2.2.2 and 2.2.3 v and worked perfectly , but the update modified the throttle stick travel and the counter wouldn’t stop at minimum throttle as before.
I tried to recalibrate all channels but had to change it in Th% .

Inviato dal mio iPad utilizzando Tapatalk
__________________________Equipment_______________________________
TX: X9DP(B01 ver),Fw:OTx v2.2.0 EEPR 218,FwRadio:(LBT151223)
RXs: FrSky X8R(LBT151118), FrSky X4RSB(LBT170322), FrSky D4r2(LBT151118)
Mods:extAnt,6rsw,M9gimb

Post by wrhnm30312 »

Hey xxdvdxx,

First of all, thank you for commenting and sharing your experience!

I'm coming from Spektrum, so it's all weird to me! But yea, I think I have it all squared away now. I finally have most of my birds converted to the X10S via the Spektrum DM9 module....as well I have 3 planes with the S6R...The telemetry alone was worth the transition ( Spektrum to Frsky ) But, I am looking into OpenTX too. I like the fact that I can change the background color and a ton of other features....Seems that most Frsky customers go with the Taranis, and rightfully so because it works great. It doesn't seem like many X10S users are using FrOS. That's kinda a bummer, but I like a challenge. I went from a Spektrum DX6 to the X10S and its been quite the challenge.. But, one thing is for sure : a good amount of digging for information is key. The manual is pretty vague, for me. But with some real digging and praying (LOL), I have this figured out (for now anyway) This forum is pretty great and I'm just glad something like this exists. Bouncing ideas off each other helps. Cheers to you for stopping by :)
xxdvdxx

Post by xxdvdxx »

Hi again ,wrhnm...
I think that the FrOS is just less flexible than Opentx . In the 2010 I sold my Futaba T6EX and I bought the first gen Taranis X9D , then I sold it and bought the X9D Plus , I made all Mods about hall sensors gimbal and detachable antenna ,finally I bought the Horus X10s (2nd edition). Now that I saw many updates on FrOS , I can be sure that the basic stuff between the both OS , is the same. There are a couple of weird things left behind ,like how to make a new theme ,or there is no drone template on wizards...
I suggest you to search on YouTube “ Frsky X10 “ or “ FrOS & OpenTX “ , you will find many tutorials and tricks.
Cheers [emoji1787]
__________________________Equipment_______________________________
TX: X9DP(B01 ver),Fw:OTx v2.2.0 EEPR 218,FwRadio:(LBT151223)
RXs: FrSky X8R(LBT151118), FrSky X4RSB(LBT170322), FrSky D4r2(LBT151118)
Mods:extAnt,6rsw,M9gimb

Post by wrhnm30312 »

Yes, I pretty much live on Youtube and yes it is great for this! Cheers to great RSSI ! :)

Return to “FRSky Horus radio”