A1 and A2 sensor ports showing values increasing to infinite

Cant get your radio to work? General Hardware issues?
Nadim

A1 and A2 sensor ports showing values increasing to infinite

Post by Nadim »

On a D8R-II Plus, if there is nothing connected to either A1 and A2 ports, the Taranis still auto detects "sensors" in those ports. I have to manually delete them after each autodetection.

Not only this, but the values displayed in those dummy sensors basically starts from numbers like 6.0 or 7.0 and build up, by .1 at the time, up to (seemingly) infinity. 6.0 or so seems to be close to the battery voltage.

Is this normal?

This happens with both the internal XJT and with an external DJT to which there is binded another D8R-II Plus (this last one, I check telemetry values using an external screen, FLD-02).

Thanks

Kilrah

Re: A1 and A2 sensor ports showing values increasing to infinite

Post by Kilrah »

Yes it's normal. The sensors are there and the receiver sends out a value for them, but since nothing is connected it's floating and varying randomly.

You can put a jumper on either and have them measure receiver voltage instead for example.
jhsa

Post by jhsa »

Or connect a resistor (something like 10K for example) between the A1 or A2 and ground, and have them measuring 0.

João

Sent from my BLN-L21 using Tapatalk

My er9x/Ersky9x/eepskye Video Tutorials
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL5uJhoD7sAKidZmkhMpYpp_qcuIqJXhb9

Donate to Er9x/Ersky9x:
https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_s-xclick&hosted_button_id=YHX43JR3J7XGW
Nadim

Post by Nadim »

Got it, thanks guys! :)
Nadim

Post by Nadim »

The A2 sensor (empty) keeps creating an entry in the telemetry screen each time it is autodetected by the Taranis. I use only one telemetry screen which has two entries: RSSI and A1 (which are the only things I am using). Well, every time an A2 is detected (as I said there is nothing connected), a third entry with no name (blank, not even the ---) shows up in the telemetry screen with random values (or I should say with numbers that slowly increase up). I have to manually delete that and re-set RSSI and A1. Is this normal?

Kilrah

Post by Kilrah »

No... You should simply be able to clear that slot on the screen by setting it all the way to the "left". I guess you're deleting A2 without removing it from the screen, so when it gets redetected it shows up again.
Nadim

Post by Nadim »

Ha... I guess you're right, now that I think about how I deleted it.

I'll try out, but I am pretty sure it is going to work. Thanks as always.

Still, there seems to be no way to stop the Taranis autodetecting A2, after manually deleting it. Not that it bothers me much...
Kilrah

Post by Kilrah »

No there isn't. The sensor is there, it's normal that it's detected. Plus the way it works we can't know whether the value is valid or not. Normally you only discover sensors once, maybe twice, so it's not like it's a big problem. It also isn't a problem to just leave it there, since you configure your telemetry screens if you don't put it on you'll never see it again anyway.

Return to “Hardware”