DIY Wireless sim dongle with XJT and X8R for 9XR Pro

Cant get your radio to work? General Hardware issues?
vtgrx

DIY Wireless sim dongle with XJT and X8R for 9XR Pro

Post by vtgrx »

Hello, I own a Turnigy 9XR Pro along with FrSky XJT and X8R. I want a simulator dongle but the problem with the chinese ones are that they only support a handful of simulators, For eg- For G4 I need to purchase one dongle, for G7 I need to purchase another, there are ones with switches and without. The wireless dongles also seem quite costly. I was wondering if I could make one dongle by myself using CP2102 or Arduino. It does not need to be necessarily a wireless one, a wired will work too. I was wondering if someone can help me out with it. Thank you!

MikeB
9x Developer

Re: DIY Wireless sim dongle with XJT and X8R for 9XR Pro

Post by MikeB »

Do you need the "dongle" so the SIM actually runs (copy protection), or just to connect the 'PRO to the PC?
If the latter, then, if you have ersky9x on the 'PRO, just power up the 'PRO and plug the USB in to the PC, the 'PRO will appear as a joystick device on the PC.

Mike
erskyTx/er9x developer
The difficult we do immediately,
The impossible takes a little longer!
jhsa

Post by jhsa »

Or if you want a DIY wireless sim dongle, there is a project on these forums for a DIY frsky D8 compatible sim dongle. I can post the link to the project page when I get to my PC.
But there is no sim protection hacks. If your simulator needs an original dongle, my suggestion is to buy one.. ;)

João

Sent from my BLN-L21 using Tapatalk

My er9x/Ersky9x/eepskye Video Tutorials
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL5uJhoD7sAKidZmkhMpYpp_qcuIqJXhb9

Donate to Er9x/Ersky9x:
https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_s-xclick&hosted_button_id=YHX43JR3J7XGW
Kilrah

Post by Kilrah »

If you want plug and play wireless, frsky make one.. https://www.amazon.com/FrSky-Compact-XS ... B07GD6ZLW7

But yeah, your issue is likely copy protection given the list of things you give.
vtgrx

Post by vtgrx »

MikeB wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2019 2:46 pm Do you need the "dongle" so the SIM actually runs (copy protection), or just to connect the 'PRO to the PC?
If the latter, then, if you have ersky9x on the 'PRO, just power up the 'PRO and plug the USB in to the PC, the 'PRO will appear as a joystick device on the PC.

Mike
I actually am looking for the former one. I want to use my 9xr on Phoenix and RealFlight which have dongle copy protection.

vtgrx

Post by vtgrx »

jhsa wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2019 3:21 pm Or if you want a DIY wireless sim dongle, there is a project on these forums for a DIY frsky D8 compatible sim dongle. I can post the link to the project page when I get to my PC.
But there is no sim protection hacks. If your simulator needs an original dongle, my suggestion is to buy one.. ;)

João

Sent from my BLN-L21 using Tapatalk
Unfortunately, I am looking for one which can bypass copy protection. Still, please do share the link. Thanks!
vtgrx

Post by vtgrx »

Kilrah wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2019 3:25 pm If you want plug and play wireless, frsky make one.. https://www.amazon.com/FrSky-Compact-XS ... B07GD6ZLW7

But yeah, your issue is likely copy protection given the list of things you give.
FrSky-SIM won't work with Phoenix or RealFlight.
Kilrah

Post by Kilrah »

Then unless you do the right thing and buy those programs legitimately in which case you'd have no problem you'll have to deal with the "annoyance" of buying multiple crack dongles.
jhsa

Post by jhsa »

Here is the link for the DIY Wireless simulator dongle project.

viewtopic.php?f=84&t=9625

João
My er9x/Ersky9x/eepskye Video Tutorials
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL5uJhoD7sAKidZmkhMpYpp_qcuIqJXhb9

Donate to Er9x/Ersky9x:
https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_s-xclick&hosted_button_id=YHX43JR3J7XGW
vtgrx

Post by vtgrx »

Kilrah wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2019 5:31 pm Then unless you do the right thing and buy those programs legitimately in which case you'd have no problem you'll have to deal with the "annoyance" of buying multiple crack dongles.
Can you please confirm whether PhoenixRC, RealFlight and AeroFly the only simulators which require copy protection dongle? Are there other simulators which require them as well?
vtgrx

Post by vtgrx »

jhsa wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2019 5:42 pm Here is the link for the DIY Wireless simulator dongle project.

viewtopic.php?f=84&t=9625

João
Will give it a shot. Thanks!
Kilrah

Post by Kilrah »

vtgrx wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2019 7:41 pm Can you please confirm whether PhoenixRC, RealFlight and AeroFly the only simulators which require copy protection dongle? Are there other simulators which require them as well?
How would I know? I expect any commercial one to do so. There are free ones around.
vtgrx

Post by vtgrx »

Kilrah wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2019 5:31 pm Then unless you do the right thing and buy those programs legitimately in which case you'd have no problem you'll have to deal with the "annoyance" of buying multiple crack dongles.
I want to run Phoenix 6.0 but since it is discontinued, where should I buy a legitimate dongle from?
Kilrah

Post by Kilrah »

Looks like phoenix is totally dead so I guess a crack dongle is fine for that one...
vtgrx

Post by vtgrx »

Kilrah wrote: Tue Apr 30, 2019 6:28 pm Looks like phoenix is totally dead so I guess a crack dongle is fine for that one...
So, can you suggest a dongle which will work with Phoenix?
Kilrah

Post by Kilrah »

No, I know nothing about those...
kalle123

Post by kalle123 »

Just look for "RC simulator" at aliexpress, banggood, ebay ........

br

Return to “Hardware”