Bluetooth

Hardware help and support for the FrSky Taranis
antlerhanger

Bluetooth

Post by antlerhanger »

can a bluetooth module be installed in the x9d plus ?

Allen

MikeB
9x Developer

Re: Bluetooth

Post by MikeB »

At the moment no. There is a serial port in the module bay, but this has inverted signals, and the HC-06/HC-05 need non-inverted signals. The HC-05 also needs an enable signal. This could be provided by a mod to bring out one of the JTAG signals that may be used as an I/O signal.
However, I am looking into using an Arduino Pro Mini connected to that serial port, accepting the inverted signals, and passing the data on to the bluetooth module. I'm defining a suitable protocol between the radio and the Arduino so the Arduino can also handle the required control signal, together with being able to switch power to the bluetooth module off when it it not in use.
The timescale for completion of this is undefined. I do have most of the Arduino code working, but still need to complete the code in ersky9x.

Mike
erskyTx/er9x developer
The difficult we do immediately,
The impossible takes a little longer!
antlerhanger

Post by antlerhanger »

That will be fantastic . I have a bunch of pro mini's laying around . Looking forward to it.
Thanks again
Allen
jhsa

Post by jhsa »

We gotta love those little boards. They allow for lots of cool projects.. :)

I don't have a Taranis, but thanks again Mike..

João

Sent from my BLN-L21 using Tapatalk

My er9x/Ersky9x/eepskye Video Tutorials
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL5uJhoD7sAKidZmkhMpYpp_qcuIqJXhb9

Donate to Er9x/Ersky9x:
https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_s-xclick&hosted_button_id=YHX43JR3J7XGW
antlerhanger

Post by antlerhanger »

MikeB wrote: Tue Mar 12, 2019 11:11 pm At the moment no. There is a serial port in the module bay, but this has inverted signals, and the HC-06/HC-05 need non-inverted signals. The HC-05 also needs an enable signal. This could be provided by a mod to bring out one of the JTAG signals that may be used as an I/O signal.
However, I am looking into using an Arduino Pro Mini connected to that serial port, accepting the inverted signals, and passing the data on to the bluetooth module. I'm defining a suitable protocol between the radio and the Arduino so the Arduino can also handle the required control signal, together with being able to switch power to the bluetooth module off when it it not in use.
The timescale for completion of this is undefined. I do have most of the Arduino code working, but still need to complete the code in ersky9x.

Mike
Mike I know you are really busy but have you had a chance to look into this yet ?

Thanks
Allen

MikeB
9x Developer

Post by MikeB »

I have some code done towards this, but other projects have taken priority.

Mike
erskyTx/er9x developer
The difficult we do immediately,
The impossible takes a little longer!

Return to “FrSky Taranis radio”